• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2018 Games you're looking forward

Which games are y'all most excited for in 2018?
I'm waiting patiently for Far Cry 5 this month and a little impatiently for Red Dead Redemption 2!

I'm also hoping Crackdown 3 releases this year!

QcFQOVmY_o.png

I could be down for Soul Caliber. Is Fire Emblem good? Like, what kind of combat is in it? Turn Based, Strategic, Hack and slash?
Kirby Star Allies
Attack on Titan 2
Soul Calibur 6
God of War
Smash bros

-potentially 2018
Yoshi
God Eater 3
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon Switch
Fire Emblem Switch

I could be down for Soul Caliber. Is Fire Emblem good? Like, what kind of combat is in it? Turn Based, Strategic, Hack and slash?

Fire Emblem is turn based strategy.
So move units to a space, give your unit the command to attack. Watch the attack, hope it lands then wait for the enemy side to move against you and attack and repeat.

Unless you play Fire Emblem Warriors in which case you run around and smash the attack button.

Fire Emblem is turn based strategy.
So move units to a space, give your unit the command to attack. Watch the attack, hope it lands then wait for the enemy side to move against you and attack and repeat.

Unless you play Fire Emblem Warriors in which case you run around and smash the attack button.

I have never been able to get into Turn Based Combat, excluding Pokemon. I really wanted to get into Divinity:Original Sin, but i couldn't get passed the combat..

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
  • Smash Switch
  • Fire Emblem 16
  • Pokemon Gen 8
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Octopath Traveller
  • Yoshi
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • Mega Man 11
I probably won't play most of them. I only have access to one current console, and it isn't really mine. It's my roomie's, and who knows what games he'll buy.

Anyways, Cruddy, one thing worth mentioning about Fire Emblem is that it isn't really turn-based in the same way as Pokemon and classic Final Fantasy. It has a board game aspect to it almost, with the maps your units move around. It really isn't party-based, and I believe the correct term is "Tactical RPG", a la Advanced Wars.
But hey, if RPGs aren't your thing, that's fair.

• Smash Switch
  • Fire Emblem 16
  • Pokemon Gen 8
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Octopath Traveller
  • Yoshi
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • Mega Man 11
I probably won't play most of them. I only have access to one current console, and it isn't really mine. It's my roomie's, and who knows what games he'll buy.

Anyways, Cruddy, one thing worth mentioning about Fire Emblem is that it isn't really turn-based in the same way as Pokemon and classic Final Fantasy. It has a board game aspect to it almost, with the maps your units move around. It really isn't party-based, and I believe the correct term is "Tactical RPG", a la Advanced Wars.
But hey, if RPGs aren't your thing, that's fair.

Actually, I love RPGs. It's my favorite game genre. I live out in the sticks where decent internet is a myth, so playing multiplayer games is out of the question lol I love a good single player RPG that I can put in and pour hours into without ever having to connect to the internet. I've been wanting to try a new genre, so maybe Fire Emblem is the way to go. I've always heard good things, just never played it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Actually, I love RPGs. It's my favorite game genre. I live out in the sticks where decent internet is a myth, so playing multiplayer games is out of the question lol I love a good single player RPG that I can put in and pour hours into without ever having to connect to the internet. I've been wanting to try a new genre, so maybe Fire Emblem is the way to go. I've always heard good things, just never played it.
We should probably move the conversation elsewhere if you want to continue it (not to steal the spotlight from Spirit too much), but if you want to try Fire Emblem Lite for free and have a mobile device, you can download Fire Emblem Heroes. Fewer bells and whistles, but the general concept is there.

Last edited:
We should probably move the conversation elsewhere if you want to continue it, but if you want to try Fire Emblem Lite for free and have a mobile device, you can download Fire Emblem Heroes. Fewer bells and whistles, but the general concept is there.

Yeah, we can continue the conversation elsewhere, that works for me!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
One other game worth mentioning that I forgot to bring up earlier was an RPG called Fortune-499. I actually already beat the game - it was released early on Humble Monthly - but I'm interested to see what people think once it gets its wide release... whenever that will be.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
A Way Out
Bayonetta 3?
God of War
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sega Genesis Collection
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Spider-Man?
Splinter Cell 2018?
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Super Smash Bros.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3
Code Vein
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Super Smash Bros. Switch
Darksiders 3
Kingdom Hearts 3?
Devil May Cry 5?

A Way Out
Bayonetta 3?
God of War
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sega Genesis Collection
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Spider-Man?
Splinter Cell 2018?
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Super Smash Bros.

Very much looking forward to RDR2. A Way Out looks like it could be interesting also. I hope to God they release a new Splinter Cell game, always loved that series!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom