• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2017 Great American Eclipse

I'm pretty excited for the eclipse on monday, though I unfortunately won't get to travel to see the full eclipse. It'll still be my first eclipse, even though it's just going to be a partial eclipse where I live. But that kind of makes me curious, any of you guys gonna be travelling to see the full eclipse? How far are you travelling to get to see it?

Eclipse countdown

A few additional references:
Times: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2017-august-21
Locations: http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm going to Molala (Is that how you spell it?) Oregon, and that's a 100% zone. It's like an hour or 2 from my house

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not too far from the town in Kentucky where you'll be able to see the full eclipse. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to go there for it. But since I don't live to far anyways, we're in the 99% area, which is still pretty awesome!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I need to go to the store tomorrow and get some eclipse glasses. Unfortunately, Safeway doesn't have them, so I have to go clear across town to the third-closest grocery store to get some.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
We're actually here for our anniversary. Sunriver is an old standard for me. When you come across the money and the means, you ought to check it out. It's like the most relaxing thing I do every year. So there are plenty of fires here in central Oregon right now so the smoke is thick, ash falling on us today, and that's not even mentioning the smoke that's been pouring through Oregon from Canada. The sun was neon red this evening, you could stare straight at it for about 20 minutes (not that I'd suggest it) as it was going down. I can only hope that the smoke actually makes the eclipse more awesome (crimsony and whatnot) instead of obscuring it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Nothing like a solar eclipse to bring friends and family together... we should have an eclipse more often. Great for the economy too!

D

Deleted member 84722

I live in the path of totality, so I get to see a total eclipse. Then I am going to be sad as I am probably never going to see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom