• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2010: Nintendo's Year.

Tom

Yes, Nintendo's. After four years since its realease, Nintendo Wii is getting ready to receive not only classics, but games that are considered until today one of the best gaming experiences. First of all, the Wii still has no Zelda title made specially for it; The LoZ saga, seen as the best game series by many players will most likely be released next November (as pointed out on some forums and sites like this very website, it would seem sensitive to set a realease date a month before holidays). As if it wasn't enough, 2010 will also have the newest Metroid title: Other M, the second Super Mario Galaxy, and Monster Hunter Tri. Yes, this year seems to be the year Nintendo decided to show some respect for core gamers. As you can see, the secret lies in the company's best creations, its own games. That is, for sure, why some believe PS3 and Xbox 360 sales rate are going to be left behind by Nintendo's. This never happened before. To be quite honest, the first releases for the Wii were to be considered the worst games ever. Now and then I came across things like Chicken Shoot, and stuff like that.

Other than that, Big N also plans on incorporating new features to the Wii games. Knowing this is a Zelda forum I feel obligated to mention Wii Motion Plus. Is Red Steel 2 going to give us good reasons to actually love it (WMP)?

So, how do you feel about this? Will Nintendo really surpass other companies that were until now selling (and sponsoring / creating better games - -according to game reviews on websites such as IGN.com) more and faster?

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
I quite agree with you, as many others around the gaming community have. Just the first half of 2010 is looking/looked amazing for Nintendo, and the Wii specifically. Let me give you a full list of worth while big titles released/releasing before E3.

No More Heroes 2
Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
Red Steel 2 (By the way, it's out already and is amazing. The WMP controls are great)
Monster Hunter Tri
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Sin and Punishment 2
Metroid: Other M

And games that are likely releasing in 2010, after E3. And a prediction I have.

Ark Rise Fantasia
Xenoblades
The Last Story
The Grinder
The Conduit 2
Zelda Wii
Pikmin 3 (This is an E3 announcement/showing and possible release prediction of mine. Miyamoto has been reminding us about it quite a bit lately)

And remember, this is pre-E3, which marks the mid-way point of the gaming year, and is the time when many new 2010 games will be announced. It's looking good. And for the DS, pre-E3:

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Wario Ware DIY
Dementium 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Infinite Space

Not quite as awesome. But Pokemon 5th Gen is on it's way, and that will trump any and all games that could ever happen ever ever in the history of ever.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Yeah, 2010 is not only the year for Nintendo but the year of Gaming itself, I mean even Sony and Microsoft got their good stuff too, FF 13, Halo Reach, GoW3 and whatnot! though I'm more exited for what Nintendo have goin', they never fail at amazing me. Damn, so many excellent games coming out and so little money and time! xD

Tom

Yeah, 2010 is not only the year for Nintendo but the year of Gaming itself, I mean even Sony and Microsoft got their good stuff too, FF 13, Halo Reach, GoW3 and whatnot!

Indeed, but if you check it you'll see GoW3 and Halo aren't capable to surpass other great titles' selling rate such as the LoZ saga. I doubt Halo will ever be able to be a greater success than the Mario series, for example. What I meant was: This year, Nintendo and the Wii in special (being Nintendo's ''most important'' console at the moment) will have lots more of selling and attention driven to it due to the amazing and "all time favorite" classics, games that are (exclusively Nintendo's) going to be released this year.

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
This does seem to be shaping up to be quite a year for Nintendo, however every year the gaming industry seems to do better and better so it's no surprise that there has been a recent boom in quality gaming content. I'm glad that the trend is continuing. But regret that I have already missed out on much of the new games, consoles, and technology that has been produced lately. I figure that in a year or two Nintendo's tech will be even better and then I might have time to mess around with it.

I

Indigo_dingo

Indeed, but if you check it you'll see GoW3 and Halo aren't capable to surpass other great titles' selling rate such as the LoZ saga. I doubt Halo will ever be able to be a greater success than the Mario series, for example. What I meant was: This year, Nintendo and the Wii in special (being Nintendo's ''most important'' console at the moment) will have lots more of selling and attention driven to it due to the amazing and "all time favorite" classics, games that are (exclusively Nintendo's) going to be released this year.
Look again. Gran Turismo has sold an average of over 10 million copies a release, and the number of racing enthusiasts has gone up since the last release.

What you forget is that the Wii does not exist in a vacuum - Sony and Microsoft are bringing bigger and better things, but they have third party support the Wii does not have.

A

Agatha

I don't see a lot of reason to hype it up, as doing so will only make me disappointed in the end. The Monster Hunter thing doesn't look all that appealing to me, but I'm not familiar with the series (Assuming it's part of a series?).

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Look again. Gran Turismo has sold an average of over 10 million copies a release, and the number of racing enthusiasts has gone up since the last release.

What you forget is that the Wii does not exist in a vacuum - Sony and Microsoft are bringing bigger and better things, but they have third party support the Wii does not have.

Dude, third party doesn't matter much. Everybody knows that the best games for consoles are first party (exclusives made by the company that made the console).

And bigger and better things? I'll admit, Final Fantasy is indeed big, but one big series versus three gigantic series on Sony's side, Microsoft not included, and the best Microsoft has going for it is Halo and that is absolute garbage if you ask me. Things look very bleak for Sony and Microsoft. Having to face three epic titles from three of the longest running video game series from the best video game company ever.

We have Super Mario Galaxy 2, which is going to rock awesomely and probably sell a million copies in the first few hours of it's release, Metroid Other M which is going to rock epically and also probably sell somewhere near a million copies within the first few hours of it's release, and then it's what fans are hoping will be the best ever, Zelda Wii which will probably sell somewhere around a couple million copies in the first few hours of it's release. After that we have Megaman 10 that released recently which fans have apparently enjoyed a ton, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 which is going to rock probably and is something people have been begging for ever since the Sega Genesis days ended.

Keep in mind those are all Nintendo exclusive and are things that fans want really really bad plus they are some of the biggest things in video games. Then we have the newcomer crap known as Halo... yeah of course Microsoft and Sony are going to pwn Nintendo this year (sorry if I seemed snarky)!

I

Indigo_dingo

We have Super Mario Galaxy 2, which is going to rock awesomely and probably sell a million copies in the first few hours of it's release, Metroid Other M which is going to rock epically and also probably sell somewhere near a million copies within the first few hours of it's release, and then it's what fans are hoping will be the best ever, Zelda Wii which will probably sell somewhere around a couple million copies in the first few hours of it's release. After that we have Megaman 10 that released recently which fans have apparently enjoyed a ton, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 which is going to rock probably and is something people have been begging for ever since the Sega Genesis days ended.

Keep in mind those are all Nintendo exclusive
Wanna try rephrasing that? To not be incredibly wrong?

And by the way, sequel to the greatest game ever made in The Last Guardian, Twisted Metal Harbour City featuring the return of open world vehicular destruction, and and the already released and already brilliant God of War III. Sequels to three of the greatest series of all time, but working on superior tech.

Check and mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom