• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks 2?

Spirit Tracks 2?

• O yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way

• Unsure

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Would you like to see a Spirit Tracks sequel. I like the game, and I would love to see the train mechanics improved and expanded upon on the new 3DS tech. You could have vastly more customizable trains, enhanced graphics, more enemy and land variety, the fixing of that blasted flute, and simple improvements here and there? Would you like to see this?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Nope, but I'm sure ST will get a sequel one day. What you're talking about is more of a direct sequel, which is something I really don't want to see nor particularly care for.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I would hate this, I absolutely DESPISED Spirit Tracks. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. I personally think Spirit Tracks is the worst game in the franchise and I will probably never play it, nor it's sequel if it has trains. If it's sequel has trains, no, but if it doesn't than maybe yes. Just the idea of trains in Zelda is ********...

I wasn't a huge fan of Spirit Tracks, but it was still good. But I don't think they need to expand with a sequel. Of course they could improve on things (train speed, flute) but I wouldn't want to see one.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I would hate this, I absolutely DESPISED Spirit Tracks. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. I personally think Spirit Tracks is the worst game in the franchise and I will probably never play it, nor it's sequel if it has trains. If it's sequel has trains, no, but if it doesn't than maybe yes. Just the idea of trains in Zelda is ********...

This, except Phantom Hourglass is worse.

No way. A) I don't want any more direct sequels and :cool: Most of that part of the timeline sucks (barring Wind Waker), and I really think they ought either to move it on by a few hundred years and drop the cel-shading and endless boring transportation e.g. trains, boats, or they should just forget it completely. Honestly, and I know this is harsh, but an ST2 is like, my worst nightmare.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Wait just a minute there XskywardX. Did you just bash a game that you haven't even played. I assure I thought the game looked bad, but playing it won me over. Regardless, I somehow find it lowly that you would bash a game and potential sequel if you haven't play it.

Eh. The storyline doesn't need expanding, although it could be interesting to see more of that aesthetic and some of those story points. Certainly New Hyrule will get expanded sooner or later whether or not it's in the form of a direct sequel to Spirit Tracks, as of course we'll get new games on that timeline at some point. But seeing that unusual depiction of Hyrule, with its odd architecture, interesting character designs, mechanical bits, etc., could be very interesting. Would love to hear its soundtrack style again too, as Spirit Tracks had my second favorite soundtrack of the series.

That said, gameplay-wise, I'd be more reluctant. The Tower of Spirits was lame and felt unrewarding, unlike the Temple of the Ocean King which, while similar, actually rewarded you for revisits by allowing you to uncover new secrets and unlock new routes. I also thought the train gameplay was complete garbage, and if anything even resembling the train came back, it would have to be reworked heavily. Maybe something like I described here would be cool though. I'd look forward to something like that... just a cool rail shooter sub-game.

Do I want it? Not really because I'm tired of sequels.
You must hate Ocarina of Time then. :P Not only were there four Zelda games before it, but most Zelda games that came out afterward were just Ocarina of Time again. ;D

If it's sequel has trains, no, but if it doesn't than maybe yes. Just the idea of trains in Zelda is ********...
How come? I don't see why trains equal anything worse than the multitude of ridiculous things Zelda's introduced to its world in the past. The trains alongside other machines in Spirit Tracks really created an interesting look and feel, I thought.

Wait just a minute there XskywardX. Did you just bash a game that you haven't even played. I assure I thought the game looked bad, but playing it won me over. Regardless, I somehow find it lowly that you would bash a game and potential sequel if you haven't play it.
While I disagree with XskywardX's reasons, his statement isn't automatically invalid because he hasn't played the game. You do not need to play a game to know what your opinion of it is; you can get that information by learning about the game or watching it if you're smart and know yourself and your own reactions to things well. Expecting people to play everything they form an opinion on is basically just an excuse to discount their opinion without having to actually address it.

(It also expects them to play literally every video game, because clearly their reasons for not wanting to buy a game in the first place cannot be justified unless they play it, right? :P )

Pretty much this. I wouldn't buy Spirit Tracks 2 even if I wanted to; the trains really just destroyed the concept of Zelda to me. :/

That can be said about almost everything in the franchise. Link turning into a wolf in TP seemed really dumb to me at first too, but after playing it it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Besides, ST is one of the latest games in the timeline and for the sake of having some technological growth I think trains were a excellent choice. Imagine if they had chosen cars or airplanes.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I say yeah, I'd like to see a game follow up on what ST did.

I'm not sure it'd be best as a direct sequel to ST, but rather as a sequel further down the line to allow for even further technological improvement. I loved the steampunk feel of ST and I'd like to see that developed even further, though the timeframe would, again, require more time passage than a direct sequel would allow.

Plus I think it's an awesome game on the ds (probably the best non-Pokemon thing on the ds) and so I'd like to see what it'd look like on the 3DS.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter

You've never played it, and you think it's the worst? I can understand it's weaker than other Zeldas in some aspects, but the story, dungeon design, and boss design were all great. Yeah, the train got a bit boring, but I don't see how you can judge a game as the worst in the series when you've never played it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom