• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2 Flying Questions

Bunny Hood

Everyone's Favorite Mask
can you shoot arrows on loftbirds? and can you get stuff for your bird?(armor, etc)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You'll probably need some sort of defense on the Loft Bird, because I've seen screenshots with aerial enemies. Unless the Bird is the weapon, using its beak as a sharo projectile.

That would be cool...but since Nintendo is kinda realistic when it comes to armor (just think about Magic Armor and Iron Boots) flight would probably be slowed down greatly.

Last edited:
Well, using what we've seen from previous Zelda titles, including OoT, MM, WW, and TP, the main form of transportation (boat, horse, etc) always has some sort of combat. And seeing that the bird will probably be the main form of getting around in SS, we can assume that there will be some sort of ability to fight off of it, whether it be shooting arrows or throwing bombs, we don't know yet. I'm pretty sure in one of the trailers also, Link was seen facing a big monster while on his bird (while flying), and of course that will need to be fought off somehow. And on "bird armor", well we know already this game will be having a huge upgrade system as well as the ability to make your own items , so perhaps there will be the ability to make some sort of bird armor? We have been seeing that in the recent DS Titles like PH and ST where add ons could be put on your boat or train, so we'll just have to wait and see!

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
We don't actually have any rock solid proof of anything like that. Personally, I think arrows won't happen because the motion plus control wouldn't mix well with the bird riding mechanic. As for the Armour aspect of your question, I believe that will happen.

I say that this will happen because the new upgrade system. The statement on the recently released Skyward Sword fact sheet claimed that you would be able to create new items. Those 'new items' could be things like cannons, Armour e.t.c.

Just a theory though.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
You'll probably need some sort of defense on the Loft Bird, because I've seen screenshots with aerial enemies. Unless the Bird is the weapon, using its beak as a sharo projectile.

I've actually seen the bird as the weapon kind of thing in one of the trailers. It's more like the speed boost like with Epona, but it works as a weapon.

Couldn't find video on YouTube. You'll have to deal with a link. First video, 3:12.

Sorry, now I can't create a link. ARGH! I guess you'll now need to copy and paste this.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/09/nintendo-3ds-conference-skyward-sword-details/
And of course that actually creates a link.

Last edited:
Personally, I think arrows won't happen because the motion plus control wouldn't mix well with the bird riding mechanic.

Why is everyone thinking like that? in TP/Oot/MM the arrows were controlled with the controll stick, and so was epona, you changed with a simple button press, that might very well be the case for SwS too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom