• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 1000 Ways to Die

My first death was not even two minutes in when I tried avoiding the old man and fell off the cliff right in front of the Shrine of Resurrection.

When I first started playing, the controls were besting me because they were a change for the Zelda series, and I couldn't remap them or anything. I was attempting to sneak up on a bokoblin camp, and went to equip a tree branch, and instead of pulling up the quick equip menu, I ****in whistled. Stealth mission over. Bokoblin smacked me in the back, and I deaded.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One of the most memorable ones for me is being shot off the edge of the Akkala Citadel and watching Link bounce all the way down the cliff to the Torrin Wetlands. It's.... quite a long way down. Another time I jumped off the very top of the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab and didn't take my paraglider out in time and Link took fall damage and fell over..... right off the cliff in the back. He rolled allllll the way down to Hateno Beach. All that ragdolling sapped 27 hearts of health. There was the time I wiped out while shield surfing on the Dueling Peaks and bounced down the cliffs on the side to my death. Perhaps some of my silliest accidents involve magnesis. When I was trying to get the flying machine to work right, I ended up catapulting myself straight into a pool of lava. Poor Mipha must be so stressed out, having to use Mipha's Grace for me for the most avoidable things.

Necluda // Caly

Home of the Dueling Peaks.
just two words can describe 90% of my game overs
thunderblight ganon

-once i used revali's gale to get to the side of the divine beast, the little f***er hit me off, and i was on 1/2 of a heart and died.
-the magnesis part where you need to electricute him, magnesis glitched and i ended up whistling while the peg fell on my head and i died

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One of the most silliest deaths I experienced was when I teleported to one of the towers. I don't know exactly which one it was, but it is the one when there's always rain and thunder. I totally forgot to change Link's outfit to something shock resisting. So Link got hit by lightning on the tower, felt all the way down and got attacked by some enemies. I totally forgot about that because I was distracted so I never fought back. It was hilarious. I doubt Link found it so hilarious XD!

Ninja

Well well well
Obliterator part in the Champions Ballad.

The first area with the enemies in the forest. I almost got done eliminating all of them, and was feeling really proud of myself. I jumped down from the large log and landed on some spikes.

Wtf? Who puts spikes there? Matter of fact, that part of the Champions Ballad created tons of lulzy deaths for me.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I was playing on master mode and going through Hyrule Castle to get some end-game stuff early. I remember accidentally walking through a Lynel room and triggering it, so I had to climb out through the windows. After getting out, I stood still for a moment and then... a shock arrow came out of nowhere, hitting me on the head, and killing me.

Did you know Lynels carry homing arrows that can hit you like a raindrop with perfect accuracy? Granted, I probably could have moved from that spot the arrow was landing on and lived, but I wasn't paying attention, so it caught me completely off guard.

Fighting the Gold Lynel at the East Gate... focused on the fight, shield up, watching the Lynel, when I hear the Celestial Dragon music kick in. Had a moment to think "waaaiiit a second, that might be a prob-", get frozen solid. Lynel takes the opportunity to do a ride-by attack with his sword. With the extra damage from being frozen, I didn't stand a chance.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I recall the first time I left the plateau. I made it to the bridge right before the dueling peaks and saw a star fragment fall into Hyrule field, so I turned around and went after it. This was before I found out that they disappear at sunrise, so I just kept going. Eventually I ended up at the ranch ruins and came across my first guardian. I was watching it for a bit and it spotted me so I booked it back across the field. I actually managed to outrun it eventually, and then I turned the camera to discover that I was right next to a second guardian. This one did manage to kill me. It was my first time getting lost in such a big world and it felt so good that I didn’t even care that I died.

I once lost the sword trials by blowing myself up with both a bomb barrel and a remote bomb.

Once I knocked my horse off a cliff by accident and died trying to get back to it.

Today I died because, while going after a Star Fragment, I came up to the top of a cliff and turned to start up the next one. I was not paying attention, and a stalmoblin hit me with an arrow which made me go flying of the cliff I had just climbed up. I hit a small ledge, was saved by a fairy, and then landed in water with a quarter of a heart and ran out of stamina before I could reach shore.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Today I died because, while going after a Star Fragment, I came up to the top of a cliff and turned to start up the next one. I was not paying attention, and a stalmoblin hit me with an arrow which made me go flying of the cliff I had just climbed up. I hit a small ledge, was saved by a fairy, and then landed in water with a quarter of a heart and ran out of stamina before I could reach shore.

Thats brutal ^^

.Shield surfed down a mountain, hit a ledge shield broke and link went gaily rolling down into the crevasse near Serrene stable
.Attempted fly by on a lynel.........I got shot out of the air
.2nd Attempt on a lynel smashed instead into the mountain at zora's domain
.Accidentally rode past a Talus, turned around to fight him and instead got a rock to my face. My poor horse man.
.Forgot the meaning of "Freeze the igneo before picking a fight" and got burnt into lava.......twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom