• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia the Gathering: Planechase Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Is it possible Thar died because he was in a certain plane? His comments after certainly allude to that.

Most likely.

I'd like to give some opinions on characters based on reading about each of them. This will be all 30 Planeswalkers even though there are only 20 to this mafia game. We can't make any unnecessary assumptions. Colors are included

Definitely Town/Most Likely Town
Ajani Goldmane (White) [DEAD]
Chandra Nalaar (Red)
Dack Fayden (Blue, Red)
Daretti (Red)
Elspeth Tirel (White)
Freyalise (Green) [DEAD]
Gideon Jura (White)
Jace Beleren (Blue) [DEAD]
Kiora (Green, Blue)
Koth of the Hammer (Red)
Nahiri, the Lithomancer (White)
Nissa Revane (Green)
Ral Zarek (Blue, Red)
Sorin Markov (White, Black)
Tamiyo (Water)
Teferi (Water)
Venser (White, Blue) [DEAD]

Possible Town/Third Party
Domri Rade (Red, Green)
Karn (Silver) (would be closer to definite town, but I'll explain why he's probably not in the game)
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon (Silver) (see above)

Possible Scum/Third Party
Ashiok (Blue, Black)
Liliana Vess (Black)
Tibalt (Red)
Vraska (Black, Green)
Xenagos (Red, Green)

Definitely Scum/Most Likely Scum
Nicol Bolas (Blue, Black, Red)
Ob Nixilis (Black) [DEAD]
Sarkhan Vol (Green, Red)
Tezzeret (Blue, Black)

Third Party
Garruk Wildspeaker (Black, Green)

Silver Planeswalkers seem to 5 Colored, based on the info from the site. There are two. This means Karn and Ugin are most likely out since they're silver. Also note that there are two which equates to the game mods.

If anyone would like to go over my input and the site and counter it, I'd be happy to see it. I really am not 100% on this, especially on Garruk who could be a vig (which would fit into the equations if Vraska was SK).

Mido

Version 1
That's quite the list, Johnny, and I thank you for posting that! If anything, I think your findings for the most part coincide with Kiddrangon's ideas. In that regard, we may be in a good position. I just have a quick question about the silver planeswalkers. I may be misreading your post, but are Karn and Ugin the only silver ones, and does the five-colored aspect to the silver planeswalkers apply per individual, or the the collective silver walkers as a whole? Also, with JC mentioning Thar's death in conjunction with the plane, I wonder if that also had any effect on GDL's revival? If so, this plane is probably not in our best interest to stay in anymore. Now, as for GDL's livelihood, I'm all for hearing him out, but I still think he's our best bet for today based on our knowledge at this time.

Vote: Go_Dark_Link

Vote: Walk

Anyways I'm torn on GDL alignment since Kiddragon said that there was a possibility that he could be town aligned.

I remember seeing the post on that, but what concerns me is that Kiddrangon mentioned how red and black planeswalkers ranked in the upper echelon in terms of chances of being Mafia. GDL turned out Red/black if I recall right.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Go_Dark_Link (4): Jonny Sooshi, Musicfan, Frozen Chosen, Mido

Not voting (11): Blackkirby, Repetance, Pendio, Doc, Mellow Ezlo, Justac00lguy, Stitch, Fig, Scarfed Go_Dark_Link, Mark

Planeswalk Tally
Walk (8): Frozen Chosen, Repentance, Stitch, Mellow Ezlo, musicfan, Jonny Sooshi, Scarfed, Mido
Planeswalk has been reached! Next plane is Alara... Plane Conditions will take place shortly.
Please refrain from voting for plane until this happens.

With 15 alive, 8 votes is majority.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
That's quite the list, Johnny, and I thank you for posting that! If anything, I think your findings for the most part coincide with Kiddrangon's ideas. In that regard, we may be in a good position. I just have a quick question about the silver planeswalkers. I may be misreading your post, but are Karn and Ugin the only silver ones, and does the five-colored aspect to the silver planeswalkers apply per individual, or the the collective silver walkers as a whole? Also, with JC mentioning Thar's death in conjunction with the plane, I wonder if that also had any effect on GDL's revival? If so, this plane is probably not in our best interest to stay in anymore. Now, as for GDL's livelihood, I'm all for hearing him out, but I still think he's our best bet for today based on our knowledge at this time.

Vote: Go_Dark_Link

Vote: Walk

I remember seeing the post on that, but what concerns me is that Kiddrangon mentioned how red and black planeswalkers ranked in the upper echelon in terms of chances of being Mafia. GDL turned out Red/black if I recall right.

Silver, as far as I know both from the bios I read and the game itself, silver means they have access to all 5 colors of mana (red, blue, green, white, and black). So both are silver, individually. But I think it fits that Linkdude74 and DekuNut are both the "5 color Planeswalkers" that have been mentioned in some of the scenes, considering Silver Planeswalkers have access to each kind of mana. And like I said, since Karn and Ugin are the only two, it would also fit that the mods would take them on as their own. This is pretty helpful because it narrows our possible excess characters from 10 to 8.

Also, it is worth mentioning that there could be more than one who's black who is not scum, mainly because of Sorin Markov. Sorin is a vampire who seems to be a hero, despite the fact that his kind are considered evil. Hence, black and white.
This is why I really want to see GDL back in here because Sarkhan Vol seems to me, based on his bio, evil, but GDL claims he's not scum. Sarkhan Vol's bio says he was tricked by Nicol Bolas, so there could be some truth to his claim, but not til we see his defense can we be certain which side he's on.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
1426024757028161.png

Welcome to Alara! You can no longer post in the main thread until you leave Alara. Also, you can't leave Alara for the rest of this day period. Over the next little while, each of you will receive a PM with a link to a Quicktopic for your Shard.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
VOTE COUNT:
Go_Dark_Link (7): Jonny Sooshi, Musicfan, Frozen Chosen, Mido, Pendio, Doc, Repentance

Not voting (8): Blackkirby, Mellow Ezlo, Justac00lguy, Stitch, Fig, Scarfed Go_Dark_Link, Mark

Planeswalk Tally
Walk(8): Pendio, Johnny Sooshi, Doc, Frozen Chosen, Repentance, blackkirby, scarfed, stitch

With 15 alive it take 8 to lynch or walk. Day Three will end at 5:30 PM Pacific (8:30 EST) on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Last edited:

Libk

The return of Go_Dark_Link was not a welcomed return at all. Everyone quickly turned on him and were trying to kill him. Everyone was convinced that nothing natural had happened to cause the revival. They chased Go_Dark_Link into Alara, where they were all separated and would have to trust in those who might be with him to finish the deed. As the day reached it's end, the voices of the two 5 color planeswalkers could be heard by all. Go_dark_Link had been killed again. This time he was not Sarkhan, but a mere Zombie.

It is now night. All night actions need to be in by Tuesday, March 17th at 1 am EST

THE DEAD
Kingofhucklebery - Venser, a White/Blue walker, lynched Day One
Go_Dark_Link - Sarkhan Vol, a Black/Red walker, killed Night One
Heroine of Time - Ajani Goldmane, a White/Green walker, lynched Day Two
David - Ob Nixilis, a Black walker, killed Night Two
Crus@der - Jace Beleren, a Blue walker, killed Night Two
Kiddrangon - Freyalise, a Green walker, killed Night Two
Go_Dark_Link - Zombie, lynched day 3

THE LIVING
1. Blackkirby
2. Repentance
3. Johnny Sooshi
4. Pendio
5. Doc
6. Mellow Ezlo
7. Mido
8. Justac00lguy
9. Musicfan
10. Frozen Chosen
11. Stitch
12. Fig
13. Scarfed
14. Mark

I did not notice Deku's mistake on Sarkhan's colors until now. fixed it

Libk

As the night came to a close and everyone woke up, they Had this overwhelming feeling that they should all planeswalk again. They all appeared back on shadowmoor
But someone in the group is missing. Where was Johnny Sooshi? You all look around before a body is thrown into the middle of you all. It was the body of Gideon Jura, a white planeswalker, Horn marks and axe marks all over his body.

The planeswalk tally is reset, and one planeswalk for day is used. 2 remain

THE DEAD
Kingofhucklebery - Venser, a White/Blue walker, lynched Day One
Go_Dark_Link - Sarkhan Vol, a Black/Red walker, killed Night One
Heroine of Time - Ajani Goldmane, a White/Green walker, lynched Day Two
David - Ob Nixilis, a Black walker, killed Night Two
Crus@der - Jace Beleren, a Blue walker, killed Night Two
Kiddrangon - Freyalise, a Green walker, killed Night Two
Go_Dark_Link - Zombie, lynched day three
Johnny Sooshi - Gideon Jura, a White Walker, killed night three

THE LIVING
1. Blackkirby
2. Repentance
3. Pendio
4. Doc
5. Mellow Ezlo
6. Mido
7. Justac00lguy
8. Musicfan
9. Frozen Chosen
10. Stitch
11. Fig
12. Scarfed
13. Mark

With 13 alive it takes 7 to majority lynch or walk. Day 4 ends on Sunday, the 22nd at 1 am EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom