• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite characters:

Midna - WAIFU~ <3

Ghirahim - creepy as hell

Ganon - the villain who can't die

Zelda - simply, priness of Hyrule

Link: - Somehow finds his predasesdors old cloths... Must be filthy..

Worst characters:

All the little kids in TP - ANNOYING

Tingke - just...no... NO!! NOT SATIN!!

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
RAVIO. RAVIO, RAVIO, RAVIO. He seems like an annoying little prick for a while, just some dude who charges you too much for items and insists on renting your house. But he's got this mystery to him, and this adorkable sense that he's not so bad, he just isn't good at making friends.

BUT THEN PLOT TWIST. HE OWNS UP TO ALL THE **** HE'S DONE, AND SAVES EVERYONE'S ***ES WITH THE ONE THING LINK COULD NEVER DO AND THAT HE'S MADE HIMSELF FAMOUS FOR THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME. WORDS. WORDS, *****! HE SAVES A CORRUPT QUEEN FROM KILLING A HERO AND DESTROYING AN ENTIRE REALM, AND HE DOESN'T HAVE TO LIFT A SINGLE WEAPON. ***** ACTION, HE FIGHTS WITH PEACE. And he's just so CUTE with Hilda and gosh I love him.

After Ravio, I also like King of Red Lions. He seems like the sidekick that doesn't do anything, but he always tells you what you need to know, without giving you too much information. Then it turns out who he really is is so old, and broken, and sad. Then he has moments of being bad***, and his final sacrifice, and just UGH. He's such a good character!

I like Zelda in Spirit Tracks, she seemed the most like a real person and a believable princess out of any other Zelda.

I like Midna, since she's frankly the sexiest character in Zelda and she pulls off being a sassy little *****. I actually like her better in the beginning, because although she was mean and was clearly using Link for a long time, by the time she softened up completely, she didn't seem real anymore.

I also loooove Ghirahim, because he is a homosexual PSYCHOPATH, and I can't help thinking of my very not-homosexual character Dagger because they both have the same kind of sophisticated, political type of power to them. Ghirahim uses words to intimidate, and subtle actions to unnerve, before using his actions to finish his weakened opponent off. Then his own plot twist had me reeling, and he's just so HOT if he would only keep the cape on. Because his shirtless diamond thing is awkward.

~~

Least favorites are Princess Zelda in Twilight Princess (seems so fake), Princess Zelda in Ocarina of Time (was far too stupid to earn the Triforce of Wisdom), Fi (she only ever told you what you already know), all three of those FREAKING dragons in Skyward Sword (annoying smarmy little pricks), Happy Mask Salesman (creeps me the **** out), and Ralph (Link does not need a Gary Oak just because he is in a GameBoy game).

Last edited:

ILU

i luv u
I think my favorite is Princess Zelda from OoT. To quote Aonuma, she showed spirit by pegging Ganondorf as a villain.

I like that she was believable- a naive little girl. She had faults. She made a big mistake, but she wanted to save the world. I loved finding out that she was a tomboy, which made me feel better when I was very young. I love that she stuck around and did her own thing disguised as Sheik. People pity the Hero of Time, but I think they often forget that Zelda also lost her childhood, her identity, everything.

I *love* that even after Link was killed on the defeated timeline & she lost her Triforce of Wisdom, she still lead the charge against Ganondorf and prevailed. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!

///////

Least favorite... Probably Midna. I like her enough, don't get me wrong, but I feel like she was a bad choice as a companion. I didn't like being bullied all the time, and I think using the Tsundere type is lazy. IMO it's a way to fake character development. She didn't really grow as a person. She was always warm on the inside, she's just hard on the outside, like a delicious candy. In the end, we just see the nice side she always actually had. Tsundere types just get under my skin when they're used in that fashion.

fairyfountain

bros before poes
My all time favorite character is definitely Zelda with Link being a close second of course. But I also really like Medli,Makar,Cremia,Agitha,Fi and as much as I hate to admit it,Tingle.

As for least favorite...definitely Ilia. I've always hated how bossy and obnoxious she is,especially when it came to handling Epona. She just never really seemed all that likable to me. And as much as I like Midna I'm not exactly all that fond of her as a companion but as a stand alone character she's fine in my book. Ravio also gets on my nerves sometimes but for some reason I just can't find it in my heart to completely hate him. :P

I'm gonna jump on the Ilia hate bandwagon. :P She's not that bad, but she was definitely obnoxious, and didn't really have many redeeming qualities. At least not that I saw. I didn't have much affection for any of the kids in TP either, so I had a hard time connecting with Link in that game. They were people he cared about, but I had a hard time caring about them.

My favorite? Zelda herself always struck me as elegant and cool. She seemed ethereal to me in ALttP. Naive in OoT, but likable and believable. A bit pushy in SS, but a good friend who's not afraid to speak her mind. She's really cool in Hyrule Warriors. She has a commanding presence, and the fact that she's willing to fight with her troops makes her really cool in my eyes.

I didn't much care for her in TP though. She wasn't bad, but she didn't really stick out in my mind.

I always liked the OoT/MM Link. He dropped the only life he ever knew, left everyone that he cared about, and risked his life to save a bunch of people who will never remember him. He always struck me as both a regular kid and yet an awesome hero.

The WW Link always struck me as the most human of the Links, so I like him a lot too.

For sidekicks, I like Tatl the most. Midna's funny and cool and all, but I liked Tatl more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmmm my fav characters besides Link in general:
Saria (OoT). I love everything about her. She is an amazing character and she knew Link was special.

Medli (WW). Another character I love with a passion. I wish she would return one day.

Cremia (MM). I like everything about her. She is not afraid and she is in no way nagging or whining.

Skull Keeta (MM). Come on, the way he salutes at Link is so funny! This just struck me as so cool and funny!

Marin (LA). She makes her wishes true and she is in general a loveable character.

Ravio (ALBW). He is a prick and greedy but his heart is cool. I thought he was damn funny.

There are so many characters I like though.

Least fav characters:
- Tingle. I can't stand him. You need to talk to him in some games and is supposed to be useful but come on I rather would slap him silly.

- Ghirahim(SS). I hate everything about him. I can't stand him. Not his voice not his looks not the way he acts. I'm not overreacting if I say I truly hate him and I hope he never ever comes back.

- Ilia (TP). Ugh the damsell in distress. Whiny a brat and selfcentered and...DON'T TOUCH MY HORSE!! What?! YOUR Horse?? It's MY horse you *****! and then trying to keep Epona away so Link wouldn't even be able to go on his journey to deliver the sword!!

I always liked the OoT/MM Link. He dropped the only life he ever knew, left everyone that he cared about, and risked his life to save a bunch of people who will never remember him. He always struck me as both a regular kid and yet an awesome hero.

The WW Link always struck me as the most human of the Links, so I like him a lot too.

Funny thing is these two particular Links are my favorite incarnations of the character. WW Link had more of a personality to him along with being the most hilarious of them all. As for OOT/MM Link, I like him pretty good as well despite the poor kid having a pretty terrible life ever since childhood. To be perfectly honest here, I actually relate to him more because we both have very crappy lives along with losing a bunch of friends either due to death or being forgotten by them. Sometimes when I think about what's happening around me, I keep thinking about how bad OOT/MM Link had, too. I can easily relate to him because of it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Favourite character: Midna (TP)
I think Midna is my favourite character because she is quite deep and dynamic. When you first meet her, she is sarcastic, rude, and self-centered. To be honest, I didn't like Midna at first, but then later in the game, she has a change of heart and starts to care for Link's world, realizing that they are connected. After you learn that she was usurped and cursed by Zant, you begin to understand her motivations and actions earlier in the game. I really warmed up to her later in the game, and found the end of TP quite emotional and powerful, and it was all because of Midna.

Honourable mentions: Anju (MM), Kafei (MM), Happy Mask Salesman (MM), Saria (OoT), Princess Ruto (OoT), Nabooru (OoT), Medli (WW), Tetra (WW)

Least favourite character: Tingle (WW)
I find Tingle obnoxious regardless of the game he's in, but the Tingle in WW takes obnoxious to a new extreme. Not only is he 35 and obsessed with fairies to the point of dressing like a child, but he actually enslaves people in WW on his island. Furthermore, you have to pay him almost 3200 rupees to decipher the Triforce charts you find. And to top it all off, when you first meet him in WW he is locked in a jail cell and you have to free him. Well, he was imprisoned for a reason!

Other characters I don't like: Ilia (TP), King of Red Lions (WW), Talo (TP)

Never really got the hate for Ilia; sure, she's pushy, but doesn't that humanize her a little? Of all the characters in TP, she's possibly the most courageous and pure of heart, showing remarkable resolve and compassion in the face of daunting adversity.

Anyway, my favorite characters would have to be Midna (by far the most complex and moving character of the series), King Daphnes (perhaps the runner up), the Hero of Time (plus the Hero's Shade), who has the potential to compete for that title, and the Happy Mask Salesam (cause you've got to have him on there). Also Ganondorf. Maybe. And Zant. And I need to stop before I start adding random names on a whim.

Least favorite... Well I really don't have one, and Indon't want to force a name out, because that would skew my perception of that character.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Favorite: MM Postman

Least Favorite: Fi (*insert lame percentage joke and 5-10 text boxes of useless information here*)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My favorite characters are Malon, Cremia, and Romani. They are all basically the same characters. I don't exactly know why I like them so much. They are just adorable. I also like Tatl and Midna. They were the only companions that had character and your relationship with them grew as the game progressed. They were companions that weren't just companions, but a part of the story. They also weren't annoying. Tatl's little jingle was actually adorable. Navi's "HEY!" "LISTEN" just makes me cringe whenever I hear it. Midna was just easy to ignore.

My least favorite is probably King Zora because his stupid cutscene lasts 5 years. Other than that there aren't any characters I truly despise.

Favorite characters: Zelda, Link, and HMS, Navi, and Tatl.

Least favorite: Tetra (Yes, I know who she is, she's just really bratty) and Tingle. (He freaks me out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom