• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I want to hear more from BlackKirby. I feel he's avoiding discussion.

Sorry for being pretty inactive I guess I have no excuse.

So for the pokalink situation I agree with this situation and agree with how fused was killed when he one of the people that contributed to the lynch. I do believe GDL is are role blocker because if another town was a role blocker why wouldn't they speak up about the situation. For the night post Im a bit confused that the figure with wings wasn't GDL and I don't what other person could have blocked him unless like some people have said that there is a mafia role blocker.

Vote: Pokalink
There is no one else I see that can be worthy of a vote no one else really points out to me. I might change my vote later if anything else changes or happens but this still stands.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I guess it's time to talk about what I think of Poka, isn't it?
First of all, that was a surprising turn of events yesterday evening, with the Fig lynch and all. I'm still not sure of Draco's input there, but that's something for tomorrow.
Here are the votes for Poka yesterday and their reasons:
Fused: Didn't respond to previous pressure (NOTE: Pressure Vote)
JC: Going with the flow; JC doesn't want to vote for Music (who claimed)
Fig: Vague on reasoning for vote on Fig; Previous vote on Music
He only got three votes yesterday. You guys say that Fused was spearheading his lynch, but only voted him for pressure. That was the last time he posted anything that had to do with the game after; he had one post after that, which was asking about Draco's name change. Therefore, Fused didn't have any real suspicion on Poka. Killing him could've easily been the mafia killing the first person to vote for him in order to frame him. Moving on.
JC's vote actually had some reasoning behind it. He argued that Poka just went with the flow. Gummy brought it up both yesterday and today, and we can see why he did that. I still think that Fig was not "going with the flow", as Poka was the first vote, but that's beside the point. Also, JC thought of it as either Poka or Music. Currently, both are still alive.
Fig only voted for him because Poka's reasons for voting for him were vague. I didn't find that post, so I can't say anything about that. However, his vote for Music remains scummy in my mind.
Mezlo also considered voting him, but once again preferred the idea of Poka because MF, the alternative, softclaimed.
Today's votes on Poka:
Pendio: Watch reactions (Unvoted)
Viral: Because Pendio voted for him
JC: See above reasons; last-minute lynch avoidance; Fused died after Poka vote
Kirby: No other worthy votes
In other words, while yesterday's votes had substance, most of today's were just kind of thrown out there.
Overall? I don't see enough reasoning for me to vote for him, though I can see some slight suspicion. I'm not sure who to vote for right now... I'm keeping it to myself for a little bit longer. Any questions?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, as much as I hate to join an uncertain bandwagon, PokaLink is my biggest suspicion as well. Fused explained why I thought he was scummy the best, in my opinion. He voted for musicfan, and then asked WHY musicfan was suspicious. That's just... VERY odd. Even as scum, I have trouble imagining why he would do that. The only thing I can think of is that his scumbuddies told him to start a bandwagon on him, but he did it a bit too hastily. That's supported by the fact that we have reason to believe that musicfan might be the Commuter, and, if I'm remembering correctly, the mafia knew who the Commuter was because they targeted him. Either that, or he was acting on impulse as town... but wouldn't he explain that a bit better?

Then later, after people began suspecting him, he immediately unvoted musicfan without ever explaining why he voted in the first place. Then he switched his attention to Fig, and Fig was lynched. Isn't that strange, too? Everyone suspected him, but for some reason, attention shifted to Fig, and he was questioned no further. I can't help but think that the mafia must have had something to do with that.

And then... Fused died. That's WIFOM right there, of course, but you can't deny that it creates some kind of link between PokaLink and the mafia, whether it's because he's an innocent Townie they're trying to frame, or because he's a mafioso they're trying to protect. DekuNut, you point out that Fused's vote was only pressure, but Fused did have actual reasoning against Poka, and you can't say that he had NO suspicion on PokaLink. Besides, Fused is notorious for being a very persistent player, so the mafia could have killed him simply out of fear that Fused's pressure vote would become something more serious in the next day period.

At this point, PokaLink's our best bet by far. If he flips scum, we'll even have a good idea of where to look next for other scumbuddies, because we know who helped direct attention away from him and towards Fig. If he flips Town, we have plenty of people to look at, since this bandwagon seems to be gaining popularity rather quickly. (That includes myself, of course, but I'm willing to take a risk for once...)

Vote: PokaLink

This means I'm going to have to watch this thread really carefully. I don't want to majority lynch him without the proper discussion first. Voting always makes me nervous, haha, but I thought this was a good time to do it.

PokaLink, if you want to defend yourself, can you tell me why you voted for musicfan in the first place?

Hroni of Taim, what do you think of JC?
Why him specifically? XD Uh, I guess he's a... cool guy? His focus on musicfan seemed a bit odd to me, but he hasn't done anything overly scummy in my opinion. I'd have to look his posts over a second time if you're really desperate for a solid opinion.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
DekuNut, you point out that Fused's vote was only pressure, but Fused did have actual reasoning against Poka, and you can't say that he had NO suspicion on PokaLink. Besides, Fused is notorious for being a very persistent player, so the mafia could have killed him simply out of fear that Fused's pressure vote would become something more serious in the next day period.

That is true. I only looked as far back as his vote, and that was the reasoning he gave in his vote post. You do bring up some good points concerning Fused though.
IGMEOY: Poka
I'll move up to a vote if I hear from Pendio and Viral. Pendio talked about resections, but not much can come off reactions the day after a near-lynch, and Viral never answered my question at all.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'll move up to a vote if I hear from Pendio and Viral. Pendio talked about resections, but not much can come off reactions the day after a near-lynch, and Viral never answered my question at all.

I saw it, but I chose to ignore it. Pressure votes don't really work if you reveal early on that its solely for pressure. We got a few votes, so I don't mind saying it now.
I'd like to hear from Poka. He seems to be pretty good at shining spotlights on other players.

@Poka: Who are your top 2 or 3 scummiest players (order of the players would be nice, too).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I saw it, but I chose to ignore it. Pressure votes don't really work if you reveal early on that its solely for pressure. We got a few votes, so I don't mind saying it now.
I'd like to hear from Poka. He seems to be pretty good at shining spotlights on other players.

@Poka: Who are your top 2 or 3 scummiest players (order of the players would be nice, too).

I see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure how much pressure would work at this point. I'm not talking about this stage in the game, but I think that any pressure on Poka that may take place now is nothing compared to the amount of pressure that he had yesterday with the near-lynch. Anything that may have come out of pressure at that time is the max of what would happen. Poka probably thought that he was dead. Today, with people looking at others besides just him, pressure would have less effect.
But at least you finally answered my question.
Where is Poka anyway?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
IDK how to quote, so this will be in seperate pieces, please don't ninja me

Heroine of Time;897795 Even as scum said:
PokaLink[/B], if you want to defend yourself, can you tell me why you voted for musicfan in the first place?

People keep saying I never responded to the questioning about reasoning for voting MF, I did multiple times, it was to keep the game going. If anything it was a half-assed pressure Vote, I had no idea what was going on, so to keep the game going I went with the flow and put somewhat of a presuure vote on MF. Even you said it yourself HoT, what I said wasn't really scummy, it was just plain dumb, although I did have some reason, I really shouldn't have phrased it like I did, but even still what I said still wasn't scummy, and if you can think of why what I said was scummy instead of just saying "Seems scummy to me" over and over again, that would be great.

Where is Poka anyway?

All day band-camp.
EBWOQP

I have two final points to hit.

One I explained already, why I didn't stop the fig lynch, because I didn't initially think it would go through, and when it did I wasn't one to complain about having my life saved.

Second is this whole Fused ordeal, its important to note I wasn't Fused's only suspicion, and even at that Fused phrased her suspicions as a pressure vote. Even still Fused did light the fire to my lynch, lets say I was Mafia, here's my chooses, kill Fused, or kill a rando, who do you think I would get more in trouble of killing? Probably Fused, I would have to be a pretty dumb Mafia to intentionally put myself into this much trouble when I could have picked any other target and been safe. Why the Mafia did kill Fused is beyond me, maybe Fused said something about them, maybe there trying to frame me, maybe it was just a random kill, maybe they have a personally history against each other, I really don't know.

EBWODP

Please show me where I agreed with you, and where I did not explain my vote on Fig. Also, show me where I deny being part of the Fig bandwagon.

I await your timely, and well-thought-out response.

No need to be so snappy and sarcastic, I specifically said in my post I only had a little suspicion on you.

But since you asked:

EBWOTP

First you asked me this, after I voted for Fig.
Poka: Why are you more suspicious of Fig than Mizuki?

EBWOQP

Yeah, I figured as much. And yeah, I was just looking for something more.

**** it,
Vote: Fig

In this you directly respond to me personally, giving little evidence for the Fig lynch yourself, and literally said "**** it, I could care less." If you responding directly to me, and voting for someone that only had only one vote from me, wasn't agreeing with me, I don't know what is.

The last part, of your challenge I can't cite directly, but the way you take no responsibility for Figs death, and so readily agree to lynch me make it seem like you deny it.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Sorry I'm not posting much, I got some form of food poisoning and am really not in a mind set to start trawling through posts for evidence... I should be fine tomorrow though.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
So...much...homework...
My activity sucks as usual...

But looking back and apparently everyone's targeting PokaLink. What exactly makes him suspicious?

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Second is this whole Fused ordeal, its important to note I wasn't Fused's only suspicion, and even at that Fused phrased her suspicions as a pressure vote. Even still Fused did light the fire to my lynch, lets say I was Mafia, here's my chooses, kill Fused, or kill a rando, who do you think I would get more in trouble of killing? Probably Fused, I would have to be a pretty dumb Mafia to intentionally put myself into this much trouble when I could have picked any other target and been safe. Why the Mafia did kill Fused is beyond me, maybe Fused said something about them, maybe there trying to frame me, maybe it was just a random kill, maybe they have a personally history against each other, I really don't know.
I can believe that the Mafia would try to frame you if you are town. It would not make sense as to why Fused would have been NK'd if you were mafia. That being said, you are the only suspicion at the moment. I cannot let you go on this. I'll go back and reread some of your posts to get a more confident decision.

Musicfan

the shadow mage

People keep saying I never responded to the questioning about reasoning for voting MF, I did multiple times, it was to keep the game going. If anything it was a half-assed pressure Vote, I had no idea what was going on, so to keep the game going I went with the flow and put somewhat of a presuure vote on MF. Even you said it yourself HoT, what I said wasn't really scummy, it was just plain dumb, although I did have some reason, I really shouldn't have phrased it like I did, but even still what I said still wasn't scummy, and if you can think of why what I said was scummy instead of just saying "Seems scummy to me" over and over again, that would be great.

All day band-camp.
EBWOQP

I have two final points to hit.

One I explained already, why I didn't stop the fig lynch, because I didn't initially think it would go through, and when it did I wasn't one to complain about having my life saved.

EBWODP

No need to be so snappy and sarcastic, I specifically said in my post I only had a little suspicion on you.

But since you asked:

EBWOTP

First you asked me this, after I voted for Fig.

EBWOQP

In this you directly respond to me personally, giving little evidence for the Fig lynch yourself, and literally said "**** it, I could care less." If you responding directly to me, and voting for someone that only had only one vote from me, wasn't agreeing with me, I don't know what is.

The last part, of your challenge I can't cite directly, but the way you take no responsibility for Figs death, and so readily agree to lynch me make it seem like you deny it.

It's called WIFOM poka.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Click the quote+ button on each post you want to quote, then go to reply in advanced mode under the quick reply. All the quotes will be right there.

Literally, I said '**** it', not '**** it, I could care less'.

I apologize for being so unapologetic towards lynching townie.

I explained my reason for voting for Fig yday, and voting for you today. I know you're busy, but its in the thread.

Who are you most suspicious of? Me, I take it. But who else?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
With you saying that it's a pressure vote, the logical next question would be to ask why you pressured musicfan out of everyone else. But it seems that you don't have an answer to that.

Poka, I just wrote a four paragraph explanation of why I thought you were scummy. If the only thing you gathered from that was me saying "Seems scummy to me..." I honestly don't know what else to do.

The issue is that you cannot explain why you pressured musicfan, except that it was a mistake. I understand that sometimes we make stupid mistakes like that in mafia, but there are ALSO plenty of reasons that the mafia would want to vote musicfan, which I explained. If he's the Commuter, the mafia would WANT to lynch him, so it makes sense for a mafioso to vote for him without any real reasoning. (Unless it was disproven that musicfan was the Commuter? Or is that still a belief?)

If this is a mistake, then I'm sorry, but you're still our best lead.

And that's WIFOM right there.

The mafia would be just as clever killing Fused so that not only was he out of the way, but you could use this excuse to ward off suspicion, claiming that the mafia is framing you. But then it's fair to also point out that the mafia could have killed Fused so that they would have that excuse for lynching you.

I think that Fused's death is kind of a moot point. Really, the Fused thing isn't much of a big deal to me, since that could just as easily go either way -- it's the original vote on musicfan that makes me suspicious.

But looking back and apparently everyone's targeting PokaLink. What exactly makes him suspicious?
1. He voted for musicfan, possibly a Commuter that the mafia would definitely want out of the way, with no reasoning at all. He asked why musicfan was suspicious even though he was the only one voting and he should have known.
2. He immediately removed his vote when people suspected him and started a bandwagon on Fig, which very quickly gained momentum and diverted attention away from himself.
3. Fused, someone who voiced suspicions on him, died in the night.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Right now the main people who I'm suspicious of are:

Pokalink, see my vote; BlackKirby, seems to be avoiding discussion until when I called him up on it; DekuNut, err this one I have nothing to back up on just yet; Musicfan, see previous day and I think we should still be wary despite his claim.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Right now the main people who I'm suspicious of are:

Pokalink, see my vote; BlackKirby, seems to be avoiding discussion until when I called him up on it; DekuNut, err this one I have nothing to back up on just yet; Musicfan, see previous day and I think we should still be wary despite his claim.

I can understand that you have nothing to back it up, but why me in the first place? I know that's not a major topic today, but I'd still like to know. Your others make sense though.
Anyway, I can agree with most of those people, but I'm willing to believe Music, at least until we get any counterclaims or he slips up and says something he shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom