• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unpopular Opinions You Have

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't understand why you think people should have one partner. What if things just didn't work out? My parents got divorced after 7 years of marriage. You think they weren't careful enough? I can certainly see why that's an unpopular opinion...

He means not only marriage, but dating. Dating a new person every week, or sleeping with 10 different people in a month (exaggeration here, but you get my point). Basically, getting into a relationship you know you are not going to be committed to long term. If it doesn't work out, and you honestly tried, that fine. Things happen. People change. But I hold the same opinion that Mathias does. Throwing yourself around like that ruins the specialness of love. Of the first time.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
This is not a debate thread. This is just for people to list their opinions. Keep that in mind.

Not really

Alright. The thread seems relatively pointless to me then, but I guess that's my cue to stay out of the GD.

All GD threads aren't pointless and I didn't make it to be pointless. I encourage discussing opinions and other people's opinions.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Ok, I get it's 50/50 right now, I understand. I'll remove it from the list, Jesus.
What are you on about? You act like I'm constantly harassing you about this when as far as I know this is the first time I've said this, and no one else in the thread said this. What's with the "okay, I get this" and "I understand" and "Jesus"? There's no need for a passive aggressive undertone. Keep it on the list if you want.

- Most games on the N64 aged horribly (OoT and Mario 64 included)
- Gen II is the best Pokemon generation and Gen III is not
- Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario
- Twilight Princess's art style is terrible
- All 3D Zeldas are basically equally non-difficult
- The Portal games aren't that great
- Most Steam fads are incredibly dumb (Stanley Parable and Goat Simulator, anyone?)
- Most shooters are boring
- Most movies are boring
- Dubstep is absolutely music (it's based on rhythm and tone; how is it not music?)
- The Black Album is Metallica's only good album (good for Metallica, anyway)
- Lyrics or 'the message' in a song are far less important than the actual music
- Basically anything played on any frequency on the radio is garbage
- Donuts are disgusting
- Bacon is disgusting
- Frosting is disgusting

He means not only marriage, but dating. Dating a new person every week, or sleeping with 10 different people in a month (exaggeration here, but you get my point). Basically, getting into a relationship you know you are not going to be committed to long term. If it doesn't work out, and you honestly tried, that fine. Things happen. People change. But I hold the same opinion that Mathias does. Throwing yourself around like that ruins the specialness of love. Of the first time.

I think I am stating a more unpopular opinion when I say I don't care if people sleep with someone new every week and have causal relationships. I also don't think it cheapens the specialness of love. When you find the right person it's an amazingly special thing, whatever happened in the past kind of becomes a moot point (or should anyway).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What are you on about? You act like I'm constantly harassing you about this when as far as I know this is the first time I've said this, and no one else in the thread said this. What's with the "okay, I get this" and "I understand" and "Jesus"? There's no need for a passive aggressive undertone. Keep it on the list if you want.

I'm sorry, but you kind of did the same thing in the HK discussion thread when I said "It's sad to see this rank will probably go..."

And I said that in a passive aggressive manner because it doesn't matter if one poll on one thread about the HK system that only 30 people posted on doesn't mean the results are the exact opinion of the site as a whole. As I see it, it's not truly 50/50. I feel like there are more anti-HKs or people who don't care than people who who actually support the rank.

I'm sorry, I just got a little annoyed.

Jamie

I'm sorry, but you kind of did the same thing in the HK discussion thread when I said "It's sad to see this rank will probably go..."
I'm sorry but that's kind of irrelevant. It's entirely true that the rank will probably stay if things keep going as they are.

I think you are being slightly fooled by a vocal minority. I think it really is about equal, it's just it's more likely for people to complain about something than praise it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
- Last of Us is nothing special. People are over-glorifying it.

Let me tell you why you are wrong with a 76 page essay on why The Last of Us is the best game of all time and why you are stupid and anyone who thinks The Last of Us is stupid is stupid and should smell Ganon's stinky cape.

I don't mind oversexualization.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I think I am stating a more unpopular opinion when I say I don't care if people sleep with someone new every week and have causal relationships. I also don't think it cheapens the specialness of love. When you find the right person it's an amazingly special thing, whatever happened in the past kind of becomes a moot point (or should anyway).

Seth spoke to me :senpaipls:

I know that I would feel more special if my husband told me that I was his first. The only woman in his life. This is what I want to give to him, too, but I understand that other people think differently. This may come off as possessive, but I feel this kind of love is a little possessive.

Jamie

I know that I would feel more special if my husband told me that I was his first. The only woman in his life. This is what I want to give to him, too, but I understand that other people think differently. This may come off as possessive, but I feel this kind of love is a little possessive.

Sure, but not everyone can be so lucky as to find someone perfect on their first try. Although sometimes I feel like it would have been better if I waited till I loved someone before I slept with them, but because I didn't I can't exactly hold it against people who slept with people they didn't love. For some people sex is a casual thing.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :P

My above post should probably come as a disclaimer in that I don't expect everyone to share the same views I do and it's OK if they don't. People have diverse and different expectations for their relationship, and none is any better or worse than another, just what is right for that particular person.

To me, I don't place as big a value on sex as a lot of people, and while I understand being someone's first is a great thing I think love at any time can be wonderful and fulfilling no matter how many partners one has had before. I know couples who didn't meet until they were in their 50s, or even 80s! But they are still just as special. I also believe sex is just an act and that one can still hold meaningful relationships even if they have had casual sex at one time.

I do admit my view points might be out of place considering me and my gf have never had any other partners but each other in our lives, and that has worked out well for us, I just don't think it's necessarily that big a deal on a moral scale but I can understand on a personal scale how it might be important. If any of that makes sense lol.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Sure, but not everyone can be so lucky as to find someone perfect on their first try. Although sometimes I feel like it would have been better if I waited till I loved someone before I slept with them, but because I didn't I can't exactly hold it against people who slept with people they didn't love. For some people sex is a casual thing.

Again, it's just a view. I don't force the view on anyone else, and I know it's almost impossible for everyone to be that lucky. I am just very strict and possessive when it comes to love. I want to have only one partner who is the only person I love, date, see, sleep with, everything and I want to be the same to them. I guess I'm more old school about love.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Another thing that's unpopular in my life:

- I'm a virgin in my 30s. And HAPPY about it. - I'm an asexual freak. And I was never meant to breed. I didn't include that on the list because it seems to be more of a psychological/biological state, an "unusual orientation" than an opinion.

So, I'm afraid I cannot take part in the single/multi-partner debate.

Jamie

Again, it's just a view. I don't force the view on anyone else, and I know it's almost impossible for everyone to be that lucky. I am just very strict and possessive when it comes to love. I want to have only one partner who is the only person I love, date, see, sleep with, everything and I want to be the same to them. I guess I'm more old school about love.

I know you are dating Annie, but imagine if you can a situation where you find someone that you love but they have already been with someone else in the past. How would you feel about this?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I know you are dating Annie, but imagine if you can a situation where you find someone that you love but they have already been with someone else in the past. How would you feel about this?

I honestly think that would never happen. I always thought I'd just try once and if it didn't work out I'd just give up. :P

If I was desperate or really in love with that individual, I might bend my own rules to be with them though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom