• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Going by personal perspectives is fine in this case; the part that I didn't deem credible was claiming to know that you were Town, because it felt like you were trying to impress that knowledge on everyone, act as if it were an absolute certainty. While I'd considered that you were simply excluding yourself, the usage of the words "I know I'm Town" carried a hefty insinuation that you shouldn't be examined, and that concerned me. Alternatively, you could have just been saying that to throw others off your trail as you examined Pendio and Atticus.
Even if that was the case, I still don't really see this move as questionable, it's not like I'm desperate or anything and the fact that I have some sort of proof to my claim makes it less questionable anyway.

Thareous said:
Heroine's role still hasn't been verified, so by extension her word doesn't substantiate your innocence either. If she was willing to shed more light on her role, then I might believe it, but for all we know she could be the Mafia Role Cop operating under the guise of a Townie who's protecting her scumbud. And although you suspected her for a time (throughout Day 2?) you never really acted on that suspicion, other than stating your suspicion.
So you're dismissing two claims (well one more of a soft claim) and going with the notion that we're in cahoots rather than ignoring the obvious and likely probability which is that we're both Townies. Good luck there, like I said, you're working against the odds and putting two important roles in jeopardy.

Thareous said:
I've been sort of tempted to vote for you a number of times, but then you kept going to greater lengths to lead everyone, which alleviated my reservations somewhat. However, in hindsight parts of your track record have been notably anti-Town: joining Fig on the Violet lynch and more recently suddenly presuming DekuNut to be a Mafia Double-Voter. Lesser deeds are softclaiming almost immediately after I did and flipflopping on your suspects throughout the Day phases, which aren't pure scummy acts but present implications of being such.

Vote: justac00lguy
Ok I need to understand this, you're voting for me, in some ways, because of me bringing up that DekuNut could be scum? First off that's just something to consider as we can't determine his alignment. And secondly, you did exactly the same the other day, remember when you said I could be the Mafia Tracker? Double standards?

Anyway Thar, you've proved again that you are avoiding main topics, did you actually address Pendio, Big Octo, or @icus? These three were the main members to be analysed after the extension was put in place (you supported said extension too). You're either Mafia hiding behind a rather poor name claim, or a Townie who's acting really odd. I'd be inclined to vote for you if the day hadn't ended because, frankly, by actually making the move to lynch, etc despite the odds against it, you're hurting Town.

---

Anyway, I'm sorry guys that I missed this vital period. Obviously I'm in England and staying up till like 6am is horrible. I can't actually believe that me and Fig were up for lynch despite what seemed like mutual agreement to move on from that.

EBWODP
Oh and sorry for posting this, please don't mod kill =(

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
It was a dark night as usual, and the Mods has set out to make their move. Victory was in the air, with not a single one among their ranks having been defeated and the rebellion on its last leg. However, there was still one among the rebels that was a threat to them; one who had to be banned at all costs in order to secure their supremacy and domination. The mods set out to eliminate their target, who was awake inside his hut while all of the others were asleep. Indeed, it seems to the others that he never slept at all, and he was always up late at night doing whatever it is that he did. The mods quickly encircled him, and lept to take him all at once. The member cried for help, but it was too late, and before anyone knew it, he was dead. The Mods decided to leave the body right where the people met in order to send a message to the members and to taunt them. The members, upon seeing who was dead, felt great remorse, fear, and anxiety. They did not cry anymore, for they had promised not to cry; indeed, they were even used to it by now, as death, sickeningly enough, was a normal occurrence to them. With him gone, the members had to eliminate a Mod today at all costs, lest the few left among them perish in the same manner. Everyone was preparing for what might potentially be the final day. It was do or die.

Viral Maze was Fig, a Cult Member

The Unbanned (9):
  • Big Octo
  • Vergo
  • Heroine of Time
  • DekuNut
  • Thareous
  • Pendio
  • justac00lguy
  • Atti-kiss
  • Go_Dark_Link

The Banned (12):
  • AvatarFlygon - Erebea, the Bulletproof Member
  • Erebea - Batman, the Member Vigilante
  • LittleGumball - Dan, the Member Bomb
  • Stitch - Atticus, the Member Doctor
  • musicfan - Viral Maze, the Member Desperado
  • findemaxa - fused_shadows, the Member Miller
  • Violet - justac00lguy, the Member Gladiator
  • Keith - Big Octo, a Cult Member
  • A Link in Time - A Link in Time, the Member Cop
  • Fig - MadameMajora, the Member Lover
  • Mido - PK Flash, the Member Lover
  • Viral Maze - Fig, a Cult Member

Day 5

The day will end on June 25 at 12:00 AM EST. With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes for a majority lynch.

*It is LYLO. If the members fail to lynch a Mod today, they will lose the game.*

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm it could be possible that Viral was rectified while back, possibly since when he replaced Wyatt. Doesn't surprise me that Mafia killed him, I Tues his "theory" was sort of off though as Fig wasn't a Vengeful as we all predicted, he was a lover.

---

Anyway, I honestly see a lot of players as lazy, or just plain scummy, for not using the extension in any way. Seriously, why vote for an extension of you don't intend to use it? What did we achieve? Yeah me and Fig we still up for a lynch when it was pretty much established that we had moved on from that to create time to look at alternatives: Pendio, Big Octo, and @icus. I suggest we use this day to actually discuss said members; I'll come up with a post later today.

---

Anyway I'd like to ask Heroine if she got any results yesterday?

Also, if someone could find a good answer, what member/mod could fit the role of Double Voter?

Pen

The game is on!
I think now it is safe to assume there are four people in the Mafia, so our chances of actually lynching a Mafioso today are pretty good. Anyway, I will now take some time replying to some posts from yesterday.

Also, JC, who did you investigate tonight? And did you get any results?

EBWODP:

Since 5 votes is now a majority lynch, and there most likely are 4 Mafiosi left in the game, if someone (a Townie or a Cultist) votes for someone who is not Mafia, then the whole Mafia gang can easily join that lynch, thus making it a majority lynch in no time. Because of this I would like to warn everyone to vote this early into the day. I have used this tactic to win Mafia games as a Mafia member one or two times in the past, so I know how effective it can be.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
@Pendio I'll tell later, just seeing something first.

And yeah I agree, no voting for anyone unless we all mutually make that decision.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No matter how many times I ask, no one tells me why they are suspicious of me. I don't know what I have to do to grab your attention, but goddamnit, you can't just say "I'm suspicious of Atticus" and not say why! I've already replied to some suspicions, and I am no longer chained to schoolwork, so whatever I'm doing that is scummy to you, you have to tell me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
:rolleyes:

Goodluck cult, and town (y'all gonna become cultivated soon, anyway). Go lynch some scum!

:rolleyes:

Goodluck cult, and town (y'all gonna become cultivated soon, anyway). Go lynch some scum!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Pendio I'll tell later, just seeing something first.
What do you want to see? You could easily have important information for us.

Pendio said:
Since 5 votes is now a majority lynch, and there most likely are 4 Mafiosi left in the game, if someone (a Townie or a Cultist) votes for someone who is not Mafia, then the whole Mafia gang can easily join that lynch, thus making it a majority lynch in no time. Because of this I would like to warn everyone to vote this early into the day. I have used this tactic to win Mafia games as a Mafia member one or two times in the past, so I know how effective it can be.
Very good point. Nobody should vote any time soon. I think there are only two Townes left actually. If there are for mafia, and the mentor can convert every night, then there should be seven cultists (5 without Keith and Viral). That makes seven non town out of nine.
No matter how many times I ask, no one tells me why they are suspicious of me. I don't know what I have to do to grab your attention, but goddamnit, you can't just say "I'm suspicious of Atticus" and not say why! I've already replied to some suspicions, and I am no longer chained to schoolwork, so whatever I'm doing that is scummy to you, you have to tell me.

Ebwodp: I'm with Atty here, but I suggest you don't worry about it until people start really cracking down on you.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Here's my thoughts on the current situation and each individual player.

---
OK so there's 11 players left and quite possibly 4 Townies, 4 Scum, 2 Cultists (depending if that Townie has accepted). The current situation we're in is far from ideal, but it gives us a unique scenario where we have such great chance of lynching scum if we play our cards right. Anyway player by player analysis below:

Big Octo:

Always a tough one simply because there never seems to be any deviation in his playstyle. He tends to play it safe a lot of the time and I've seen him do this as a Townie and the other such a powerful role as an SK. So it's really hard to justify his reserved style this game down to him being scum.

Though he does lean scum/3rd party more than Town simply because I haven't seen any pro Town moves form from him. He never really made any decisive decisions esp yesterday where he was sitting on the fence (here) and here. This irks me, it's as if he doesn't want to take the initiative and make a key choice. Surly if you're a Townie, within this game, you're now desperate to take over. However sitting on the fence leads to Mafia being able to manipulate the day events much easier. Also I don't like the way he voted for an extension yet didn't use it in any way.

He is a candidate for Cult Leader though, I've seen him agree a few times with Viral and Keith which is what I'd expect if they were in cahoots. I'm not sure though, there isn't enough for me to say this with conviction.

Ver-go-a-go-go:

It's always hard for me to trust Vergo simply because I made the horrible choice of trusting him in a past game which has made me wary of him ever since and with good reason as he's been scum a number of times since. However that said, I was pressuring him early on - what may have been simple banter was actually me trying test him in a way. The whole thing with him saying this game is "Role Madness" pretty much nailed in the fact that he had a role of sorts. Could he have made this assumption if he were Mafia? Well maybe, but at that stage it would have been an abrupt assumption considering that in most games each individual scum member has a particular role. The thing is, I was thinking the same as he, after the reveal of 2-3 Townies having power roles, I made the assumption that this was a Role Madness game, so that's why I had an inkling that he was thinking the same as I.

There have been quite a few things that have stuck out to me though, one was the other day we're Vergo aired his annoyance at the lack of activity which he failed to realise that he, himself, contributed too. Though his posts overall have never struck me as in any way scummy, he seems to think rational and be on the same wave length as I for the majority of the time (except from a few disagreements).

So Vergo doesn't seem in any way scum to me, but I have this sneaking suspicion that he's the Cult Leader. It would make sense of him to defend Keith as, if he were the CL, he would naturally defend his only ally (here). Also--since he still kind of references that lynch-- it's if it still annoys him (it's kind of like a grudge to him). Vergo even mentioned multiple times to me (you can find that in the post I linked before) that he didn't like the fact that I didn't speak up that day. Also, I don't know, I just had this feeling that he and Viral were working together yesterday. That's why I wanted to test the connection when I asked if he was disagreeing with him. If you are the Cult Leader, Vergo, but would be willing to work with Town, then I'd be happy to keep you in the game.

Heroine of Time:
Uhh such a hard one. Heroine always gives off the impression that she's logical and thinking with good intentions, but I've seen her act this was and flip scum. Though there is a rather reoccur on trend with her posts this game. Examples:

- http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48538&p=867755#post867755]Number One[/url]
- Number Two
- Number Three
Etc.

I don't know it just seems like Heroine posts at rather convenient times, so essentially after important events have happened. This gives her the opportunity to seem Townie very easily as she can just analyse what's happened from the perspective of a Townie. I'm surprised I was the only one who noticed this.

Anyway, Heroine sort of swayed me reasoning by getting mor the involved with events between me and Fig, where she, at that moment, helped us stop the lynch. She also tired to prove my claim right, which I interpreted her sort claim as a Watcher. Though I'm still suspicious so to say, I don't know whether she's doing this to get me off her case. Whatever the case, I'd like to see what her results were before I go any further into this.

DekuNut:

To be honest I haven't played with Deku enough for me to really see any inconsistencies with his play playstyle or for me to genuinely trust him. Anyway first day he votes for Avatar, but then apologies after(?) Huh weird, but I'm willing to dismiss this as it's day one. On Day Two he joins the Violet lynch but reassures everyone not to vote for him or the others on the lynch. On Day Three he joins Pendio and votes for Keith on what I saw as poor reasoning. Honestly this is enough for me to interpret as suspicious, but then he decides to focus on me on the following day with, what again, seems like poor reasoning. He didn't really do anything during the extension than to defend himself and Octo, but he said here that he was hoping for a tie all along - this is really odd, you can't rely on others' moves or luck to win a game of Mafia.

He's hiding behind his sort of confirmation at the moment, if he didn't have this then I think he would have been lynched long ago. He played a big part in the first three mislynches and played a part in nearly lynching claimed player in myself. He's either Scum, or a trigger happy Townie.

Thareous:

I'm not going to lie, Thar has been my main suspicion throughout this game. I've already voiced my concerns with his name claim, but it's his sitting on the fence and his post critique which irks me. Like here, he gives criticism of my motive for lynching Violet, but doesn't offer an alternative. See it's this lack of initiative that can come off as playing it safe sometimes, does it automatically equal scummy behaviour? No, but surely there has to be a time when he goes through with a suspicion.

Fast forward to Day Four and you'd think he'd vote for Fig, right? I mean the day previous he brings him up numerous times (here, here and here. So did he? No he voted voted for Heroine instead. See this is why I just can't trust him, he avoids getting into main discussions and goes off somewhere else and votes for a player who isn't really the focal point of said topic.

I'd be really surprised if he were Town; though Cult Leader is also an intriguing possibility.

Pendio:

Pendio is a cunning, very clever player who just so happens to always be scum. However we can't just assume he's scum/town based on other games, we have to look at this particular game. Pendio spearheaded the lynch against Keith, but apart from that I haven't really seen him get his hands dirty. However his vote on Big Octo seemed well justified, but I'm not sure whether he was appealing to other's thoughts by doing this or whether he was being truthful.

I'm just not sure, he's not the Cult Leader; that's a given. However, I lean 50/50 on him being Scum/Town.

@icus

Obviously she hasn't been incredibly active (apart from day one) so it hard to formulate a decent opinion on her. But apart from the Fig lynch, I haven't seen her really participate in anything important. Of course I'm bound to relate to her views on Fig (as I shared the same) but I don't know whether she was following me to simply stay on my side or to cause another mislynch.

There's only one thing that we can really discuss and that's if Alit chose to investigate Thar or @icus on the night he died. I know he didn't investigate me, but he did voice his suspicions on @icus and coincidentally he did target scum that night too. We need to really decide if we want to take that 50/50 risk here, well, who's to say both aren't scum? Also she could easily be the Cult Leader which would explain why I'm indifferent to her being scum or town.

Go_Dark_Link

Every time anew player enters the frame, but has previous experience, they're always going to be dangerous as they have the element of surprise. He got involved mostly on Day There during the whole Keith fiasco, where he shared his suspicions on DekuNut: (here and here). I agree with him here, so nothing really that I find out of the ordinary. Now not a lot of posts, but his posts are generally really good as he gives his full opinion on day-to-day events as well as thoughts on each individual player. Now honestly not a lot really seems scummy, he seems quite pro town to me (either that or he's playing really great game). I guess the thing which makes me think he's Town is his willingness to point out things that others may have missed, such as making people aware of Deku's claim. The most interesting thing was something that everyone--even myself overlooked--here, when analysing Thar, he mentions that Viral could have been recruited by the Cult Leader, which was in fact very true. Whether this a bluff I don't know, but it's stuff like this which makes me lean towards Town with him... for now.

---

TL;DR

The Unbanned (9):
  • Big Octo
  • Ver-go-a-go-go
  • Heroine of Time
  • DekuNut
  • Thareous
  • Pendio
  • Atti-kiss
  • Go_Dark_Link

EBWODP

For any confusions here's the key:

- Red = Scum
- Green =Town
- Yellow = 3rd party
- The Darker shade the more I'm leaning towards that color; vice versa for lighter shades.
- Two shades means I'm leaning towards both; however which ever color is more prominent is my main hunch

Last edited:
I really, really don't want my scum-bud's performance in Green Lantern to be matched, so let's get a little dirty.

It's safe to say that these are desperate times, and desperate times call for desperate measures. It might be a lot to ask, but if you're not mafia, I want you to fully trust me here. I've lied through my teeth in the past, but this game is really close, and I think we can pull this off.

DekuNut, JC, and Heroine, this post is mainly for you. I'm nearly 100% sure that you're all not mafia, and, with myself included at this time, means we can get 5 votes on someone. This gives us enough leverage to conquer any votes that the mafia may or may not put together. I highly, HIGHLY, suggest that the four of us work together on this if we don't, the mafia will sweep, and this'll be an embarrassing loss.
It's time for extreme assumptions, so here we go:

We know there are four mafia now, due to lylow. I'm convinced that the three above, plus myself, are not mafia. That means that, out of the rest of you (5), one is town, and the rest are our mafia members. I'm going out on a limb and saying I think that finally townie is either Pendio or Thareous. I'm leaning towards Pendio being that final townie at this point.

That means the rest of you are mafia. Atticus, Big Octo, Go Dark Link - I think you're all scum. Thareous or Pendio is the last of you, and at this time, I don't know what to think when it comes to determining that. But we'll get to that later.

So no, Atticus, I don't have any evidence or accusations against you. You and Big Octo have played an incredibly safe and good game, and I applaud you for that. However, this circumstance of not having a single mafia member dead presents us this one advantage - the process of elimination. We have claims, and we have confirmations - you've fallen through the cracks. The process of elimination on my part is why I think you�re both scum.
I acknowledge the possibility that Go Dark Link is that single remaining scum. But it's irrelevant at this stage, as we have two perfectly find lynch candidates who are most likely mafia already. I'll address Go Dark Link, Pendio, and Thareous later.

So to you three - Deku, JC, Heroine - our strategy today should be to lynch either Big Octo or Atticus based on the above. We have the numbers to do this, but only if we work together. Pendio or Thareous, feel free to help us out if you think it'll improve your chances further down the line (Pendio, you wanted to lynch Big Octo yesterday. Why not help us do that today?). Big Octo, Atticus, and Go Dark Link, sorry, I don't trust you guys right now, especially the former two.

We utilize our roles to the fullest over the coming nights, and hopefully determine whether or not Pendio and/or Thareous are scum. We'll start being nightkilled one by one, but this is still possible to pull off.

Special shout out to DekuNut. Please, please go along with this. Think - do you really think that either me, JC, or Heroine are mafia? As opposed to Big Octo and Atticus? Who do you think TRULY is more likely to be scum at this point? You're going to make or break this game.

Conclusion: My scum list from most likely to least likely

1.) Big Octo
2.) Atticus
3.) Go Dark Link
4.) Thareous/Pendio

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
@icus

Obviously she hasn't been incredibly active (apart from day one) so it hard to formulate a decent opinion on her. But apart from the Fig lynch, I haven't seen her really participate in anything important. Of course I'm bound to relate to her views on Fig (as I shared the same) but I don't know whether she was following me to simply stay on my side or to cause another mislynch.
I voted for Fig because I was genuinely suspicious of him. If I was trying to stay on your side, then I would have unvoted when you did. I believed that he was affiliated with the Mafia, not solely because of his behavior, but also because of his actions.

JC said:
There's only one thing that we can really discuss and that's if Alit chose to investigate Thar or @icus on the night he died. I know he didn't investigate me, but he did voice his suspicions on @icus and coincidentally he did target scum that night too. We need to really decide if we want to take that 50/50 risk here, well, who's to say both aren't scum? Also she could easily be the Cult Leader which would explain why I'm indifferent to her being scum or town.

If this is about the FoS on me again, then I've already explained myself. If this is because I was asking questions during Keith's lynch, I've already explained myself.

Vergo said:
We have claims, and we have confirmations - you've fallen through the cracks.
So wait... let me get this straight. You're suspicious of me simply because I haven't claimed? And therefore that makes me scum simply because others have been confirmed and have claimed? Dude, mass-claiming in a mafia game is a complete joke, so I don't see how claiming will automatically prove my innocence. I don't understand why you're so adamant about the notion of me being scum when you have no evidence against me, other than my inactivity (which I've explained) and the fact that I haven't claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom