• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
I was, and I apologize for the inactivity. Those exams in particular have been completed, however I have finals this week, so my activity may be just as poor. Again, I apologize, I'm not trying to hide in the shadows, if that's what you're concerned about.

I've actually never seen his post (probably because I was inactive), so if you could quote it that'd be great. If this is regarding me asking questions about Keith/Pendio/The lynch etc, that's because I had no idea what was happening. I saw all these walls of texts that was a lot to read, but all I could grasp was that Keith was the subject for a lynch, and I had no idea why. Furthermore, I don't believe anyone explained it to me, so I was kind of left in the dark. I couldn't put in the effort to read pages of posts that were a few paragraphs in length. I apologize for my laziness, I take full responsibility for that, and if necessary I'll try to read some of the old posts (don't blame me if I fall asleep while reading it, lol).

I have no way of confirming if they're in this game, but it's likely. We shouldn't assume that the Mafia consists of new mods, rather they consist of mods with experience and perhaps even grudges with old members. It makes sense to me, especially since ZD is filled with drama (lol).

If he investigated me and found out I was scum, then why would he only FoS me? Why not vote for me? I understand that the Cop is a vital role and all, but no scum have been found yet, so why not take the leap and start a bandwagon?

I know this post is rather archaic due to all that has happened during my disappearance. For the first three paragraphs, I understand your actions. As for ALIT investigating you, I would assume that he cast the FOS because he did not investigate you yet, but rather, the night he died. Still, it's a gamble to decide who his target was.

I have now been rereading day 2 and day 3, trying to uncover the Cult Leader. It was on day 2 that I posted my first suspicions on Keith. At that time I was not extremely suspicious of him, but I did at least put some sort of pressure on him. Later on that day Mido exposed Keith to further accusations, and even placed a vote on him before day 2 ended (however I do believe that was the only vote placed on Keith that day). When day 3 started I had gotten more suspicious on Keith, partly by combining Mido's suspicions with my own. Mido also revoted on day 3, and eventually the Keith lynch had succeeded. We had killed our first Cultist.

We know for a fact that Keith was recruited into the Cult on either night 1 or night 2. However, according to my little theory, the Cult Leader must have recruited Keith on night 1 (which was before Keith had started being accused). I see no reason for the Cult Leader to have recruited Keith night 2 because of all the accusations he had received from both Mido and myself. If my theory is correct (which, logically, it should be), this means that Keith was a Cultist on both day 2 and day 3, which in turn would have given the Cult Leader reason to somehow protect his Cultist on both day 2 and day 3. This is why I have chosen to reread the posts from those two days in particular.

That being said, onto my humble analysis. Thareous and Big Octo were both quick to comment on the suspicions I shared. None of them wanted to choose a side at that point though. Although, Bocto stated in his post that "we have bigger fish to fry". That day ended with the baseless Violet lynch. I would like to know who you had in mind, Bocto, when you wrote that. Later on in the game Atticus was the first to question the Keith lynch. She did this in a very short post where she also asked to be updated on what had happened in the game (ALIT pointed this post out as "unnerving"). Atticus' absence in this game has bothered me to a small degree. She contributes less than usual, and she is almost impossible to read because of it. Anyway, after this Vergo appeared to strongly oppose the Keith lynch, saying that the suspicions on Keith were weak. Sure they may not have been the best, but they were probably stronger than any other suspicions we had had in the game up to that point. Were there even any suspicions at all involved in the Violet lynch on day 2? Thar also appeared later on, protecting Keith by saying that he thought that Keith's reaction was natural. While this could indeed have been his honest opinion, it is still interesting to me now that we know that Keith was with the Cult. Thereafter Vergo reappeared and kept on criticizing the Keith lynch (he thought the whole thing had started to stink). Bocto also returned to say that he understood why people were suspicious of Keith, but he swiftly changed the subject, which to me is not a good sign.

So, basically the players who I currently suspect for being the Cult Leader (or at least a Cultist) are, Bocto, Atticus, Vergo and Thar (order from most to least suspicious).

I have acknowledged JC's and Vergo's recent suspicions towards me. I just do not know how to reply to them due to the shape of the suspicions.

And for the record, personally I am still suspicious of Fig, therefore I am keeping my vote on him today.

Hmm, regarding the Cult Leader, I think you make some good points/culprits come about, but I'm not sure about Atty in that respect. Also, I don't get something on your view of Fig. You seemed rather quick to ship JC's vote post a few days ago, despite not harboring any ill will to Fig beforehand. Perhaps you were indeed swayed, but I'm just wondering if you have any more to offer about said suspicion?

Fig

The Altruist
Just a quick question: How long does the extension last? Also I'm going to be out for a few hours to watch Non-Stop so assuming the day is still going on when I return I will say a few words if I notice anything in future posts.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I just want to ask everyone, are you guys still sticking with your votes or not? I'm inclined to Unvote Fig, but I have a slight suspicion that people will still keep their votes on me which puts me in jeopardy.

I might as well initiate something though...

Unvote

Pen

The game is on!
Also, I don't get something on your view of Fig. You seemed rather quick to ship JC's vote post a few days ago, despite not harboring any ill will to Fig beforehand. Perhaps you were indeed swayed, but I'm just wondering if you have any more to offer about said suspicion?

Well, I found JC's reasons for suspecting Fig to be quite solid. And Fig was also one of the participants of the Violet lynch. To me that bandwagon was both surprising and reckless.

I just want to ask everyone, are you guys still sticking with your votes or not? I'm inclined to Unvote Fig, but I have a slight suspicion that people will still keep their votes on me which puts me in jeopardy.

I might as well initiate something though...

Unvote

At the moment I am keeping my vote on Fig, but I would probably be just as fine with lynching Big Octo or Atticus.

Mods! When does the day end?

Kirino

Tatakae
Fig (3) - Pendio, Go_Dark_Link, Atticus
justac00lguy (3) - Dekunut, Fig

An extension has been reached, so the day will end three days later than originally planned.

The day will end on June 15 at 12:00 PM EST. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Big Octo

=^)
My opinion on him simply has not changed. Any reason you are only asking me this question, and not GDL and Atticus?

Yours was after JC more or less suggested an end to the Fig lynch. If either of the two posted after JC's suggestion and said "I'm sticking with my vote" (like you did), then I would have questioned them.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Time for me to finally say what I have to think.
At first I wasn't for the Fig lynch at all, but, looking through, I saw some of your reasonings, the most common of which would be "keep your head down, officer" (which I still think is one of the worst reasons to lynch someone).
There were others, though, sprinkled here and there.

Well, I found JC's reasons for suspecting Fig to be quite solid. And Fig was also one of the participants of the Violet lynch. To me that bandwagon was both surprising and reckless.
On this, my thinking is that the Violet lynch itself wasn't scummy, but scum almost undoubtedly jumped on. Theory accepted, but not full proof (I'll get to JC's reasonings soon enough)

It’s not that I’m not buying Viral’s theory as much as it is me thinking that Fig’s “defense” was rather lack-luster and was dripping with both annoyance and desperation. I think it’s entirely possible that it was just a claim to attempt to get heat off himself when the entire day was focused on him. We may be putting too much stock into this mafia cop, as they would be quite amazing if they investigated Keith, ALIT, and Fig, and then very nearly successfully implemented actions to dispose of them. Fig doesn’t seem like a good investigation candidate to me.
I admit that your theory about the claim sounds more legitimate than the claim itself, and I am inclined to not believe Fig here. This is a pretty big scar on his score.

I've been fairly busy for the past week, so naturally I've been less active. I understand why it may seem suspicious that I'm only chiming in once in a while, but I really can't help it right now.

At this point I'm unconvinced of a Fig lynch for today. It seems to me that JC is just grasping at straws, digging up any reason he can to get Fig lynched today. I found it especially desperate when he suggested that Fig vote for himself. It's obvious that it wasn't all over for Fig, and that the votes for him could easily turn around, which the did. I'm sure JC was aware of others' suspicions of Fig waning, but he tried to get the lynch he wanted anyways. If JC flips town, I'm still not too keen on going with a Fig tomorrow, because the suspicions of him today boiled down to desperation. Of course, if he's looked into further with new perspectives and stronger theories, then I'd consider a lynch.
Also a very good point. I think that I also made a comment similar to that, or else someone else did and I quoted it. JC is a major force behind the lynch, but is more trying to protect himself than anything. They're both trying desperately not to get lynched (understandable).

My main thing with Fig was that I found it awfully convenient that he told the Cop to lie low on Day Three and then the next night the Cop dies. I put two and two together and now I had a possible lead - a Mafia Role Cop could have investigated Alit the night previous, so now it makes sense that Fig would say this if he was scum. Though now it looks like the Role Cop investigated Alit on the same night that they killed Fig, which pretty much clears up my suspicion on Fig. Anyway, my whole reason for voting him was the product of what happened after the Day you're talking about.
Apparently Fig is dead, so this bandwagon is useless. The end. Just kidding.
I already shared my thoughts on the cop part, but I forget how this clears him up. Have time to explain some?

Overall, I think that there's more chances for Fig being scum than I initially thought, but not enough for me to consider a vote.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Who we going to lynch? We need to really come to some sort of mutual decision even if it is just 3-4 of us. My main suspicions are still Thareous and Big Octo (I've kind of lessened my suspicion on Heroine if my hunch is correct).

Though two other targets also stick out to me due to what Viral brought up: Pendio and @icus. Something tells me that Mafia know Fig's role, and they've known since night one. It would explain why they lynched Stitch in a way - maybe they wanted to frame Fig and get two Townies lynched. Of course they could have easily targeted Stitch night one, found out he was doctor, and proceeded to kill him. But I'm with Viral, something is definitely going on with the people on Fig's lynch (not including myself of course; I know I'm Town).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Who we going to lynch? We need to really come to some sort of mutual decision even if it is just 3-4 of us. My main suspicions are still Thareous and Big Octo (I've kind of lessened my suspicion on Heroine if my hunch is correct).

What was your hunch on Heroine? :?

As for Big Octo, given that he's played somewhat indifferently, it wouldn't surprise me if he was actually the Cult Leader, or another Cult member. A third party alignment would fit his playstyle in this game (hence his neutrality).

Though two other targets also stick out to me due to what Viral brought up: Pendio and @icus. Something tells me that Mafia know Fig's role, and they've known since night one. It would explain why they lynched Stitch in a way - maybe they wanted to frame Fig and get two Townies lynched. Of course they could have easily targeted Stitch night one, found out he was doctor, and proceeded to kill him.

There's no way that the Mafia could have known Fig's role in order frame Stitch and get him "lynched"...unless they have a Day Role Cop, which is extremely unlikely. If I'm not mistaken, Stitch is the one who got lynched on Day 1, so the Mafia couldn't have known about his power and effectively kill him unless one or two joined his lynch, in which case would be purely coincidental.

But I'm with Viral, something is definitely going on with the people on Fig's lynch (not including myself of course; I know I'm Town).

Anyone can state that they're Town and act as if that claim is a safety net, but that doesn't guarantee them a free pass. Claiming Town and actually being Town is one thing, but hiding behind the appearance of being Town is another. Naturally you wouldn't want to lump yourself with two people who you suspect; on the other hand, excluding yourself under the guise of being Town is almost as questionable as subtly joining a bandwagon.

FoS: Justa

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Though two other targets also stick out to me due to what Viral brought up: Pendio and @icus. Something tells me that Mafia know Fig's role, and they've known since night one. It would explain why they lynched Stitch in a way - maybe they wanted to frame Fig and get two Townies lynched.

I'm slightly conflicted. IF Mafia role copped Fig Night 1 and killed Stitch to frame him and stack votes on the vengeful later on, then I severely doubt Pendio is mafia. But that's contingent on Fig being town, which he hasn't shown much of so far, and vengeful claims always stink...

I'm suspicious of BOcto and Atticus so I'm okay with a lynch on either one of them. I'll try to post more later. I'm still re-reading the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom