• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Well, there goes the Big 3 Power Roles. :/

Whatever the case, welcome back to the game, Desperado Viral Maze. ^^

Big Octo

=^)
Town's taking hard hits every day and night. Without any night info, it's inevitable that all Day content is going to be scrutinized. We've already seen this to an extent yesterday, and we got lucky with hitting an SK-turned Cultist, but there's still a low margin for error in terms of mislynches.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Town's taking hard hits every day and night. Without any night info, it's inevitable that all Day content is going to be scrutinized. We've already seen this to an extent yesterday, and we got lucky with hitting an SK-turned Cultist, but there's still a low margin for error in terms of mislynches.

Unfortunately, Octo's right. We have very little to go off of now, and I'm keeping my vote down for a time.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok, so either Mafia completely took a shot at members who were inactive, or they have a role cop and actually found Alit a previous night. Ugh, this is going horrible, I tried to get Mafia to kill me last night, but it obviously didn't work - I thought they would have took a hint that I could have been the Cop, but obviously they saw through it, which once again brings me to believe their role cop investigated Alit the night before.

---

Now that I think of it, if this is what happened--Mafia having a role cop--then this post starts to stand out:

Fig said:
I'm not even sure how many town PRs we have left and while I'm sure we have a cop here somewhere, I personally advise the cop to simply keep lurking and searching for scum and once you have two to three of them found, then it would be a good time to speak up.

Initially I agreed with Fig, but now I'm not so sure about his hidden motive here. I agree that it was premature for the cop to claim as we wanted to get as much useful information as possible before Mafia got him; however what we didn't know was that we were going to lose our Cop straight after. So this post seems odd and quite coincidental in my eyes now. Mafia most likely targeted Alit with their Role Cop on Night Two and then Fig tells the Cop not to claim, and then the Cop dies the night later. See what I mean? It seems like a plan put in place, the Mafia may have had Alit set in their sights ever since the end of Night Two and tried subtlety to prevent him possibly claiming which could have hurt them.

As I think more about this situation, this post also stands out to me:

Fig said:
Axle and Mandy respectively confirmed.

Me and Thar softclaimed, but you should never trust said claims. The fact that Fig acknowledged these as confirmations erks me. It's either inexperience or it could be that he believes us simply because he knows we're both Town due to the fact that he's scum. If you think about it that could be the case. You add this with his strange behaviour on Day One, his shying away on Day Two, and his reluctant attitude to lynching Violet on Day Three them you have, what seems to me, a possible lead.

I sat back yesterday as I wanted to deliberately try and get Mafia to target me last night, and as such I didn't want to get lynched as I wanted to try and give the Cop some more time. I guess I failed, but it looks like Mafia already had their target set. Now though, well...

Vote: Fig

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ok, so either Mafia completely took a shot at members who were inactive, or they have a role cop and actually found Alit a previous night. Ugh, this is going horrible, I tried to get Mafia to kill me last night, but it obviously didn't work - I thought they would have took a hint that I could have been the Cop, but obviously they saw through it, which once again brings me to believe their role cop investigated Alit the night before.

---

Now that I think of it, if this is what happened--Mafia having a role cop--then this post starts to stand out:

Initially I agreed with Fig, but now I'm not so sure about his hidden motive here. I agree that it was premature for the cop to claim as we wanted to get as much useful information as possible before Mafia got him; however what we didn't know was that we were going to lose our Cop straight after. So this post seems odd and quite coincidental in my eyes now. Mafia most likely targeted Alit with their Role Cop on Night Two and then Fig tells the Cop not to claim, and then the Cop dies the night later. See what I mean? It seems like a plan put in place, the Mafia may have had Alit set in their sights ever since the end of Night Two and tried subtlety to prevent him possibly claiming which could have hurt them.

As I think more about this situation, this post also stands out to me:

Me and Thar softclaimed, but you should never trust said claims. The fact that Fig acknowledged these as confirmations erks me. It's either inexperience or it could be that he believes us simply because he knows we're both Town due to the fact that he's scum. If you think about it that could be the case. You add this with his strange behaviour on Day One, his shying away on Day Two, and his reluctant attitude to lynching Violet on Day Three them you have, what seems to me, a possible lead.

I sat back yesterday as I wanted to deliberately try and get Mafia to target me last night, and as such I didn't want to get lynched as I wanted to try and give the Cop some more time. I guess I failed, but it looks like Mafia already had their target set. Now though, well...

Vote: Fig

I like your reasoning, JC, but one thing gets me: we lose one cop and then you jump out with a soft claim and keep mentioning it in your post. I know that the cop is a big role, but that doesn't mean that the world is ending. Seems a little interesting to me... What does everyone else think?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I like your reasoning, JC, but one thing gets me: we lose one cop and then you jump out with a soft claim and keep mentioning it in your post. I know that the cop is a big role, but that doesn't mean that the world is ending. Seems a little interesting to me... What does everyone else think?
I already softclaimed in an attempt to get myself killed. The Cop is a big role in my opinion, and in the right hands it's possibly the best role Town can have. Vig can sometimes be very risky what with the odds not being in your favour, doctor is more so a prevention role and only really useful when someone role claims, and the other standard roles are tend to be hit and miss. The Cop, if they survived long enough could potentially reveal 1 or 2 scum or confirm Townies so it's win win in a way.

The reason why the Cop is, or was should I say, so important is that we've lost a lot of important roles already. We haven't found any scum yet, we're pretty much done for unless we get Mafia soon. I'm surprised that you don't realise the severity of losing the Cop at this stage unless you are... Hmm.

---
I feel like some players have had name changes.
Who were/are:

Stitch

?

Or are they new peeps?
Stitch was Draco626 (Draco's little brother). But both are sort of new to Mafia.

Good to have you back btw.

Ronin

As much as I think Fig would be our best bet for today's lynch candidate, based on his gameplay in this theme, I'm going to hold back a little bit longer, just until he has a chance to respond. Town has suffered some pretty heavy losses, but there is an ample amount of suspects who I'm still pretty wary of, especially in light of the Cop's death. Chief among them are Pendio, Dekunut (although he's still somewhat confirmed as the Double-Voter), Justa (to a lesser degree), and of course Fig. I'm also considering Heroine of Time for hardly contributing at all, whereas laxer players such as Big Octo and Atticus are putting their ideas forth when they can.

Not so sure about this Viral guy; he seems rather questionable to me. >=/

---

I'm also wondering who the Troll-Slayer is. o.o

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I feel like Fig would be a decent candidate for a lynch today, as I find it awfully strange that he's managed to survive this long now. Granted we still have quite a few people left, I thought he would've been a target for the Mafia by now, but apparently that doesn't seem so. I don't want to outright claim that Fig is mafia, but if he continues to survive (especially after that lengthy argument with Stitch, our doctor, and playing with a somewhat aggressive demeanor) I'll be worried.

There are two possibilities for Fig if he is anti-town (these are just my opinions):

Mafia Role-Cop: It could explain why he wanted to confirm Thar and JC's softclaims, and maybe he'd debate with his fellow mafiaso over which ones would result in a more prominent power role.

Mentor/Cultist: Taking the softclaims into account, maybe he was trying to rid the Town of power roles and use them to his advantage?

These are just theories, and I admit that they lack a lot of evidence, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

FoS/IGMEOY: Fig

If we can gather more evidence against him, then I'll place my vote on him, but for now I'll keep my eye on him.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Soft claims are so easy to make this game that I hesitate to call anything "confirmed".

We'll just have to wait and see.
This posted after Thar claimed Axle and JC claimed Mandy (or Pan?) meaning he didn't believe them.

Earlier in the game he FoS'd Atticus and voted Keith. He didn't post much but going from that alone, its somewhat safe to say he might have investigated Atty or Thar or JC last night.
I'm leaning that his result came back as Mafia rather than townie (implied through his last post). So I think we have something between those 3... At least 1.

I don't mean to derail the Fig-wagon, but I'm also looking at Mido as possible scum.
I'll go through Fig's posts too now (solely his) and see what comes up. I'd rather us focus our efforts in a concerted form, rather than take pot shots and different players and leave the lynch up to chance (rather than an informed majority).

But yeah, just posting so you all know who I'm suspicious of. I'll post a bit more tonight. I just read 600 posts in 1 sitting >_>

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This posted after Thar claimed Axle and JC claimed Mandy (or Pan?) meaning he didn't believe them.

Earlier in the game he FoS'd Atticus and voted Keith. He didn't post much but going from that alone, its somewhat safe to say he might have investigated Atty or Thar or JC last night.
Hmm that's pretty interesting now that I think about it. I would narrow it further down actually, I think it's between me and Thar. I'll be sure to keep track of him.

Ronin

Hmm that's pretty interesting now that I think about it. I would narrow it further down actually, I think it's between me and Thar. I'll be sure to keep track of him.

A Tracker, eh? The nuances of your plan from yesterday are starting to make more sense now... Being investigative, it's a similar role to the Cop, so I can see why the Mafia might attempt to eliminate you after you softclaimed, but since you chose two members to falseclaim[?] as, I'm guessing that's what threw everyone off, and essentially averted the scum's attention from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom