• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lord of the Rings Mafia - The Treason of Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he smarter than all of us combined? I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. Even if it's an opinion, it's wrong.

Sarcasm.
But you are right, it's hard to spot it over the net.
I think I have already said this around here somewhere.

I am indeed smarter than every one here (individually) and I meant to put you'd all have to be mentally handicapped after all of you combed

Ok, but what exactly does make you think that you are the smartest around here? This is the internet. You can never be sure how smart anyone is just from a forum post. Now, I am not saying that I am smarter than anyone around here. This is probably far from the truth, but let's be realistic now.

Alright enough offtopic.

Saying that you have a power role is probably not enough to make people to unvote for you. Can you give another reason?

I mean other than your intellect. :right:

@Everyone else, I am not sure about lynching him yet. Scum would be more than likely to try to keep out of sight. Even if the player in question simply wants to exit the game. It would probably be better to find a replacement than crippling their team.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
When I play in a mafia game on ZD, I like to have fun without someone gushing senseless hostility and self-glorification. These players ruin the experience. :/

Vote: christewks

This is exactly what Heroine did in Legacy. I highly doubt chris is mafia, but after this post I highly believe ALIT is.

Vote: ALIT

pkfroce

Skelepuns
As an afterthought, now that I'm fairly sure I won't get lynched, I'd like to say a few words to the mafia as to why you shouldn't kill me at night.
One: Look at the post everyone's quoting were I say I'm smart but not arrogant because it's true.
Two: I am a newbie and as much as I don't want to play that card it's also true and I'd like to get a decent way through the game.
Three: Just imagine how boring this game would be without me. Isn't that the point, to make this game fun and interesting?(If it's not I'll gladly leave right now. Just give me the word.)
This will probably be my last post before twilight. So...I guess that's it I'll either make it or get lynched.
I'd also like to point out that I said combed instead of combined in my previous post so I guess I'm the first one to figure out what was wrong. Twist.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

*ahem*

You do realize that there are 7 votes against you. Sure there isn't a majority if 11, but if I am not mistaken, Keeseman said he will lynch the one with the most votes.

• Any ties will result in a no-lynch. If no majority is reached, I will go with the highest vote.

So yeah. Good luck. You never know. Everyone might change their minds.

This is exactly what Heroine did in Legacy. I highly doubt chris is mafia, but after this post I highly believe ALIT is.

You sir. Are scum. I can just feel it radiating from your posts. My vote stands. I'm willing to bet some money that you're scum.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Alit, your vote is established on the basic desire to eliminate something that you'd deem as a nuisance, without even considering the consequences. Do bear in mind that, regardless of any previous cause for vexation, we could be dealing with a power role here.

Unvote

For some reason, I have a feeling that Christ might be softclaiming. Therefore...

[...] I am indeed smarter than every one here (individually) and I meant to put you'd all have to be mentally handicapped after all of you combed.

Excuse me for messing with a statement addressed to somebody else, but why exactly do you think you're smarter than the rest of us? Individually, that is. I've never seen this used as a justification to not be lynched--at least, not in these exact words. Usually it's phrased like, "You need me because of my experience", or something to that effect. Intelligence and prowess both come into play and serve to constitute a healthy strategy, which in turn incorporates victory for yourself and the Town, or the domination of the Mafia's ideals. These qualities are garnered through experience, so the main issue I have with your remark above is that you claim to be more experienced than each of us. But I fail to see how with your inconsistent points, yet that all leads me to believe that you have some other motive for this claim. What that might be, I don't know. We'll like find out by tonight.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just clarifying.

Hmm, I'm just curious, usually when you have a bandwagon (well an influx of votes), usually if a player decided so to oppose the bandwagon then they need to provide a good reason as to do so. That way, you need to convince that your suspicion is the better candidate, at this stage it seems like your voting for voting's sake. Now I'm not condemning this, you do what you want, but in terms of of Mafia I find this quite a suspicious move.

To me right now, you are either saving yourself from being a possible suspect if Chris turns out Town - a scum-like move in my eyes. On the other hand, you could just have a genuine suspicion, which is why I'm curious about your voting. Essentially, why is Fused the more lynch worthy candidate than Chris? This basically goes put for knot people who have voted otherwise too, it would be nice to get a range of different opinions in which to go off.

Wait, so Alit comes in and simply states what the majority have been saying? How is that scummy? Well even if it is scummy, Alit knows better than to make that sort of predictable move. Alit generally skips day one, and with good reason, day one generally sucks, nothing of related interest happens and we take part in several bandwagons which usually lead to a mismatch. In my eyes, it's actually better for the Mafia to take part in Day One and try to initiate a mislynch - based off of this, Alit is definitely not worth vote worthy as of yet.

Why would Fused and Thar pick up so quickly on this, it doesn't make sense in my eyes, surely they would have thought of a better reason... The only possible reasons as to why I'm think they did so is to take the heat off Chris and onto Alit - this could be be a wise Town move or a sneaky Mafia move, I'm thinking the latter.

IGMEO:

Thareous
and Fused

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Hmm, I'm just curious, usually when you have a bandwagon (well an influx of votes), usually if a player decided so to oppose the bandwagon then they need to provide a good reason as to do so. That way, you need to convince that your suspicion is the better candidate, at this stage it seems like your voting for voting's sake. Now I'm not condemning this, you do what you want, but in terms of of Mafia I find this quite a suspicious move.

To me right now, you are either saving yourself from being a possible suspect if Chris turns out Town - a scum-like move in my eyes. On the other hand, you could just have a genuine suspicion, which is why I'm curious about your voting. Essentially, why is Fused the more lynch worthy candidate than Chris? This basically goes put for knot people who have voted otherwise too, it would be nice to get a range of different opinions in which to go off.

I do agree. Looking back at that post, it does seem rather suspicious. Plus my flip-flop voting, yeah. I understand your suspicions. Although I have no solid evidence showing fused being scum, again, my vote stands. I'm completely sure of myself. Heck, if he isn't scum, lynch me. I'll even vote myself.

Now... If he isn't scum... Then I'll look like a complete idiot lol.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Wait, so Alit comes in and simply states what the majority have been saying? How is that scummy? Well even if it is scummy, Alit knows better than to make that sort of predictable move. Alit generally skips day one, and with good reason, day one generally sucks, nothing of related interest happens and we take part in several bandwagons which usually lead to a mismatch. In my eyes, it's actually better for the Mafia to take part in Day One and try to initiate a mislynch - based off of this, Alit is definitely not worth vote worthy as of yet.

Why would Fused and Thar pick up so quickly on this, it doesn't make sense in my eyes, surely they would have thought of a better reason... The only possible reasons as to why I'm think they did so is to take the heat off Chris and onto Alit - this could be be a wise Town move or a sneaky Mafia move, I'm thinking the latter.

IGMEO:

Thareous
and Fused

I agree with the part of your quote that I bolded, but I disagree with your argument regarding ALIT. His vote is completely unjustified; he is not voting because he thinks chris is scum. He is voting because he doesn't like chris' attitude. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN LEGACY! People only voted for M107 because he was being annoying, (although I was a part of that, my main goal there was avoiding a lynch of myself, not getting a lynch of M107) and look how that turned out. We lynched the Jack-of-all-Trades, the most essential role the town had in that game. I do not want the same thing to happen here.

ALIT played in Legacy, and he saw everything that happened during Day 1. Why then would he blantantly join the wagon, knowing what could happen? It's not smart town behaviour, that's for sure.

As I've stated before, I find everyone who's serious about this lynch scummy.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think we should lynch christweks, at least not yet. It's best to leave those kind of players to the nightkills. And right now, we have actual discussions going on, as well as other suspects. Like fused said, this is pretty much a duplicate of the M107 lynch. We're lynching him for being annoying, not scummy.

fused said:
Town should never risk losing a PR just because they want to be part of a wagon.

It happens all the time though. Just look at iDOLM@FIA, Legacy, and Mafia D:.

This is exactly what Heroine did in Legacy.

Yeah, and she was town.

And if you're going to keep using the M107 bandwagon in Legacy as anecdotal evidence to support your point, only one of the three scum members were on the M107 bandwagon by the end. So that doesn't really help you; actually kind of hurts the point you're trying to make.

Also, in iDOLM@FIA, the first day resulted in Lord Death's lynch, who was random bandwagoned in like the first 7 pages for no reason whatsoever. And out of the 5 scum that there were, only 1 of them hopped on the wagon. All the rest were town. I think that this and Legacy both show how clear it is that town will absolutely risk lynching a PR on Day 1 just to be part of a bandwagon. If anything, scum won't typically hop on wagons like these so that when the player is lynched and flips town, they look good and get town cred for not being on or being against the bandwagon. I don't see where your reasoning is coming from, especially concerning your vote for ALIT.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I agree with the part of your quote that I bolded, but I disagree with your argument regarding ALIT. His vote is completely unjustified; he is not voting because he thinks chris is scum. He is voting because he doesn't like chris' attitude. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN LEGACY! People only voted for M107 because he was being annoying, (although I was a part of that, my main goal there was avoiding a lynch of myself, not getting a lynch of M107) and look how that turned out. We lynched the Jack-of-all-Trades, the most essential role the town had in that game. I do not want the same thing to happen here.

ALIT played in Legacy, and he saw everything that happened during Day 1. Why then would he blantantly join the wagon, knowing what could happen? It's not smart town behaviour, that's for sure.

As I've stated before, I find everyone who's serious about this lynch scummy.
I can't even remember why I originally voted, I think I was just playing around, but his overall attitude is off putting - but obviously if it's a similar or same scenario to M107 then we are doing the wrong thing.

On that basis, I'm going to Unvote, simply because I don't think Chris is scum - in fact he seems to be implying that he has some sort of power role - could his attitude be based off an important role? Who knows anyway, right now I'm not sure who to vote, I'll see what happens slightly later, I'd prefer a No-lynch at this stage.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I don't think we should lynch christweks, at least not yet. It's best to leave those kind of players to the nightkills. And right now, we have actual discussions going on, as well as other suspects. Like fused said, this is pretty much a duplicate of the M107 lynch. We're lynching him for being annoying, not scummy.

It happens all the time though. Just look at iDOLM@FIA, Legacy, and Mafia D:.

Yeah, and she was town.

And if you're going to keep using the M107 bandwagon in Legacy as anecdotal evidence to support your point, only one of the three scum members were on the M107 bandwagon by the end. So that doesn't really help you; actually kind of hurts the point you're trying to make.

Also, in iDOLM@FIA, the first day resulted in Lord Death's lynch, who was random bandwagoned in like the first 7 pages for no reason whatsoever. And out of the 5 scum that there were, only 1 of them hopped on the wagon. All the rest were town. I think that this and Legacy both show how clear it is that town will absolutely risk lynching a PR on Day 1 just to be part of a bandwagon. If anything, scum won't typically hop on wagons like these so that when the player is lynched and flips town, they look good and get town cred for not being on or being against the bandwagon. I don't see where your reasoning is coming from, especially concerning your vote for ALIT.

Alright, I understand. My vote still stands, although not because I want him to be lynched, but because I want to show where my suspicions lie. ;)

pkfroce

Skelepuns
You guys sound like a case in Phoenix Wright.... The M107 iNcident.

SL-9 Incident. It sounds like something unresolved. You'll only get this reference if you've played the game.

Alright, I understand. My vote still stands, although not because I want him to be lynched, but because I want to show where my suspicions lie. ;)

Well, why would you vote for someone without wanting the person in question lynched?
If you want to "show" your suspicions, why not just tell them without risking anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom