• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker HD - All Known Changes

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Source: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/t...st-details-fps-mode-hero-mode-screenshots-and
Well here are all teh known changes, found from this years' Gamescom or something like that. In the spoilers
The definitive version of The Wind Waker
5 Triforce Shards grabbed directly (no charts required)
Remaining 3 Triforce Shards will require translated charts
Sepia tint added to Hyrule Castle
In Hero Mode, enemies hit harder
In Hero Mode, health is only regained through potions
Hero Mode can be selected right away, no completion of the game required
Picto Box can take pictures of villagers and be posted on Miiverse
Picto Box now saves up to twelve photos
Link can take self-photos
You can change Link's facial expression in the photos from happy, sad, and surprised
Swift Sail can be attained at the auction house after the first dungeon
No alerts will be given that the sail exists; players must "read this post" or discover it for themselves!
Can't skip Tingle's Island - it has been added into the main quest
You can go into a full First-Person mode and shoot arrows like in an FPS
Yes, you can move while in First-Person mode
You can't, however, swing a sword or throw bombs in FP mode. This isn't "Skyrim", folks
GamePad is apparently a beautiful tool for first person gun/arrow play
GamePad in FP mode uses relative center - so the center of the combat becomes where you were holding the pad at that time
You can adjust his view point by moving Link with the left stick and using the right stick and GamePad
This increased versatility makes standard dual-stick FPS controls feel clumsy

So...how do these changes feel to you? Have they changed your opinion of TWWHD? I personally am really excited to grab this game now. I mean, I'm still shooting for used/cheap copy (or free), but it is a much more worthy purchase with these changes listed. Especially the Hero Mode shizzle, even though it technically isn't a harder mode since enemies already hit you very rarely.

Also check out The Clay Waker boss battle at this link: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/21/legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-helmaroc-boss-fight-gamescom-2013

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh ****, I did NOT read "Hero Mode can be selected right away". That is freaking glorious. Now I really want the game...still for a lower price, but even so it's better than panning it for being a remake of that game. :P

And for the record, I'm playing HM first.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Alright, I'm changing my vote to getting this. This looks like a game worth having.

Nintendo- crank out some more HD remakes to strengthen the Wii U.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Remaining 3 Triforce Shards will require translated charts

Damn it, why?

Swift Sail can be attained at the auction house after the first dungeon

Auction house?! Urgh...that sounds like such a pain in the ***.

Can't skip Tingle's Island - it has been added into the main quest

Why?! ...*sigh* I wish they just removed Tingle.

GamePad in FP mode uses relative center - so the center of the combat becomes where you were holding the pad at that time
You can adjust his view point by moving Link with the left stick and using the right stick and GamePad

That sounds...very awkward.

The rest sounds cool though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Awesome list. Loving all those changes. Wouldn't think of going to the auction house of all places for the swift sail, but whatever works. Now I know. :bleh:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
As soon as i read that article i know it would shut all the haters up! Literally everything the old WW fans were *****ing about has been changed, everything from the Lighting being toned down, the gamepad use is very welcome IMO. no more paying tingle out the *** to decipher those stupid maps which was a waste of time and nothing but a rupee dump.

I think i will be getting a WiiU a lil sooner than i though, but its gotta wait till January cuz im getting my 3DS this next friday!

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
5 Triforce Shards grabbed directly (no charts required)
This makes Triforce Quest definetely not faithful to the original. Isn't better to keep all eight charts, but with an easier way to decipher them, like the ability to call Tingle in any place instead of sailing to Tingle Island every time after finding a chart?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This makes Triforce Quest definetely not faithful to the original. Isn't better to keep all eight charts, but with an easier way to decipher them, like the ability to call Tingle in any place instead of sailing to Tingle Island every time after finding a chart?

I agree and disagree. On one hand, it's more convenient (being able to call Tingle at any moment). On the other, the bother for me came in gathering rupees, not necessarily riding all the way to Tingle. There's no reason why I had to pay 398 rupees per chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom