• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline of Startimer (draft)

^Shall I post the screenshot of your sig a few weeks ago before you deleted it? It definitly gives that same feel (you said that I suck at life...)

Sign of Justice, I am going to anhilate your argument simply this way:

Holodrum and Labrynna are NOT part of Hyrule, and there is no way you can prove that it is.
Also, Ganon never left the room where he was reanimated in OoX, how could that mindless pig attack Hyrule?
...are you serious? You can't be... I addressed that.... I addressed the same thing in the other thread, too. You haven't read my post. I guarantee that. If you'd read my post you'd know that I wasn't trying to show that Holodrum and Labrynna are part of Hyrule. I stated the facts we have. You denied those facts.

I hate this place. I really do. Tuf Pic (people from ZU will know who I'm talking about) was better than ANYONE on this place. And that is saying A LOT.
these are the
mark of the hero
who is fated to
appear when
peace crumbles
in Hyrule.
That's pretty clear. She talks about the mark of the hero, and that the hero is fated to appear when peace crumbles in Hyrule, then later says that Link has restored peace.

I'm sorry, but denying that is just stupid.
The only problem with that is that Link has been alive for however old he is. Does that mean peace in Hyrule has been crumbling ever since Link was born? Does that mean if LA is a direct sequel peace is still crumbling in Hyrule? Good questions to be thinking about since those questions make no sense to either OoX or LA.
Proof that the mark has been around since birth?

Why would she mention that Link is supposed to appear when peace crumbles in Hyrule, but in fact peace hasn't crumbled in Hyrule? Doesn't that make it kinda pointless to say?

Give me one piece of proof that says that Hyrule is in a golden age of peace (or anything similar to that).
Once again, did Link stop Ganon? Yes. Did Ganon go to Hyrule and destroy everything? No. The fact that none of that happened means Hyrule was not in danger.
Did Ganon in LttP go to Hyrule and destroy everything? No.

You're telling me that when Zelda says that peace in Hyrule has crumbled, and that when Ganon is defeated peace is returned, that it doesn't fit the LA BS that only says that Link defeated Ganon to return peace to Hyrule?

I might just quote Impossible soon (one of his "that's completely ridiculous" rants with lots of swearing :P).

This is the EXACT **** I'm talking about. You flame for NO reason because we disagree on polocies. We're here to HELP you.

There was no flaming there. He said basically the same thing you said in your last post when you made the remark about everyone who doesn't agree with you being biased and not open minded.

Hmmm. Wow funny, I don't seem to recall where I put that giant *** map proving that Holodum and Labrynna were part of Hyrule...where did I put that? Hmmm.....

Labrynna and Holodrum are not a part of Hyrule. I could just as well post the map of Termina and probably related its areas to some locations from a Hyrule map, but that doesn't make it a part of Hyrule. If Labrynna and Holodrum were part of Hyrule, they would have just called it Hyrule. Labrynna and Holodrum aren't even near each other apparently. Their maps don't connect when you put them beside each other.

Specualtion is not based on an entire game and based on SoJ's prvided quotes and the fact that Ganon would have destoryed Hyrule untill Link apeared like in LoZ you're going to have to give proof to DISPROVE the theory.

Could you elaborate on that a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

Pinecove

Last Chance
If that's what you call flaming then you do realize that you flamed me too, right?

I'm not flaming at you, I'm flaming in general. BIG difference.

Thanks for posting something that helps my argument. Everyone who is arguing against me is focusing on ONE QUOTE. As you just said, the games don't focus around ONE THEORY (or quote in this instance). Thanks for saying something useful for me.

They don't focus around one theory, but one theory focuses around certain quotes of the game. Having the game back you up without quotes and saying you have the entire game to back you up is kindof...well you get the point. I'm not supporting you. No offence.

You aimed that quote towards Skull Kid, not me.

This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen. If somebody posts Japanese translations in a thread then someone asks for the Jap translations, but doesn't want to use the good ones because they're adressed to someone else then they're idiots.

Point is that OoS and OoS take place in Hyrule. Try denying it.

Once again, did Link stop Ganon? Yes. Did Ganon go to Hyrule and destroy everything? No. The fact that none of that happened means Hyrule was not in danger. A burglar could come in my room right now and rob me and kill me. It happens all the time all over the world. Just because it happens often doesn't mean that I am in any danger and does not mean that I am not peaceful. You are using a "what if" scenario. That's bad theorizing.

Ah but he stopped Ganon in LoZ/AoL aswell but he still had that mark. ;)

You mean SoJs quote, not quotes, right? Because he did use only one quote, which, according to you, is not good theorizing.

You misunderstood me.

Edit:
Labrynna and Holodrum are not a part of Hyrule. I could just as well post the map of Termina and probably related its areas to some locations from a Hyrule map, but that doesn't make it a part of Hyrule. If Labrynna and Holodrum were part of Hyrule, they would have just called it Hyrule. Labrynna and Holodrum aren't even near each other apparently. Their maps don't connect when you put them beside each other.

What? Where in those comparisons are Labrynna and Holodrum beside eachother? You say you can make those comparisons with Termina and Hyrule? Do it. I dare you. I've lined up graveyards, islands, deserts and other stuff.

****, PH's Gorons island matches up with OoS's Goron island, and Cresent island in TWW lines up with cresent island in OoA.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Give me one piece of proof that says that Hyrule is in a golden age of peace (or anything similar to that).

Give me one piece of proof that says that peace in Hyrule has crumbled. You have a quote that talks about Link's marking on his hand and the fact that Zelda thinks he is a hero fated to save Hyrule. No where does it say that peace is in fact unpeaceful.

Did Ganon in LttP go to Hyrule and destroy everything? No.[/QUOTE]

No, but he sure sent a lot of monsters and a powerful wizard to go there and terrorize the place for him.

You're telling me that when Zelda says that peace in Hyrule has crumbled, and that when Ganon is defeated peace is returned, that it doesn't fit the LA BS that only says that Link defeated Ganon to return peace to Hyrule?
[/QUOTE]

She never once says peace has returned to Hyrule. After Link defeats in Veran/Onox/Ganon IN HOLODRUM/LABRYNNA she says that Link has returned peace. Anyone with half a brain knows that she is referring to him returning peace to Labrynna/Holodrum since those were the places under attack. Oh and now you are changing the quote too, Zelda never says that peace has crumbled in Hyrule. That is just speculation based off of a quote.

Ah but he stopped Ganon in LoZ/AoL aswell but he still had that mark. ;)

Oh I love it when people think they have won the argument. You do realize that is another thing that helps my argument, right? You basically just told me that after Link has stopped Ganon, he still had the mark. You just proved that Link can still have the mark when peace in Hyrule has been restored, or when Hyrule has peace in general. Thank you.

Pinecove

Last Chance
She never once says peace has returned to Hyrule.

You are the true Hero...
I believe that you will return
peace to this land again.

Ganon is waiting inside of his
tower to pass through the
gate linking the two worlds.
Once Ganon enters the Light
World, it is unlikely that
anyone can stop him.
But if he stays in the closed
space of this world, you can
find him wherever he runs.
Now, go to the Tower Of
Ganon! We will use our
combined powers to break the
barrier. Let's return peace to
the country without fail...

Ganon is waiting inside of his
tower to pass through the
gate linking the two worlds.
Once Ganon enters the Light
World, it is unlikely that
anyone can stop him.
But if he stays in the closed
space of this world, you can
find him wherever he runs.
Some maidens still need your
help, though. Once you rescue
them all, go to Ganon's Tower.
We who are of the blood-line of
the wise men will then use our
power to break
Ganon's barrier!
Link... You must return
peace to this country

source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588436/20233

You are the most pathetic excuse for a theorist that I've even seen.

IIRC they said that Link wasn't from Hyrule proper in TP even though it's part of Hyrule (as the map says so). Although I'm not completely sure on this. I don't have great knowledge of TP.
Could you elaborate on that a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.
He's saying that you need to give proof to disprove something, not opinions. ALL Zemen has given is opinions. I proved that earlier in the thread by quoting every single thing he'd said in the thread. He has yet to give a single bit of proof.
She never once says peace has returned to Hyrule. After Link defeats in Veran/Onox/Ganon IN HOLODRUM/LABRYNNA she says that Link has returned peace. Anyone with half a brain knows that she is referring to him returning peace to Labrynna/Holodrum since those were the places under attack. Oh and now you are changing the quote too, Zelda never says that peace has crumbled in Hyrule. That is just speculation based off of a quote.
Zelda never says that peace has crumbled in Hyrule?
these are the
mark of the hero
who is fated to
appear when
peace crumbles
in Hyrule.
If Link has the mark, is the hero, and has appeared, then peace has crumbled in Hyrule. And if peace hadn't crumbled in Hyrule the whole mentioning of peace crumbling in Hyrule would be completely pointless.
Give me one piece of proof that says that peace in Hyrule has crumbled. You have a quote that talks about Link's marking on his hand and the fact that Zelda thinks he is a hero fated to save Hyrule. No where does it say that peace is in fact unpeaceful.
Well Zelda talks about a mark of a hero who is fateed to appear when peace crumbles in Hyrule. Link is the hero, with the mark, and HAS APPEARED, then peace has surely crumbled in Hyrule. That's all the proof I need.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588436/20233

You are the most pathetic excuse for a theorist that I've even seen.

See, now that is flaming.

You do realize that all of those quotes refer to being peace brought to "this land" and the land that they are in when those quotes are given are Labrynna/Holodrum.

"You are the true Hero...
I believe that you will return
peace to this land again."

Quote is said in Labrynna/Holodrum so it obviously refers to those lands.

"Let's return peace to
the country without fail... "

Quote is said in Labrynna/Holodrum so it obviously refers to those countries.

"Link... You must return
peace to this country "

Quote said in Labrynna/Holodrum so it obviously refers to those countries.

Unless you took those quotes from other games, they obviously refer to Labrynna/Holodrum as the entire game is in those 2 countries.

And @SoJ, I have been using the fact that OoX is not at all about Hyrule as my evidence. I don't see how that isn't proof. It's fact that the game is not about Hyrule. Pine did a great job of proving that Link can have the mark on his hand when Hyrule is not under attack.

I hate this place. I really do. Tuf Pic (people from ZU will know who I'm talking about) was better than ANYONE on this place. And that is saying A LOT.

Hmm... Because people disagree with your ideas or something? I mean, the only two people who have came from another site to defend your ideas have done just that; Defend your ideas. I don't see why you would hate this place, but if you hate it so much and love all these other places so much, then why bother yourself with posting here?

Why would she mention that Link is supposed to appear when peace crumbles in Hyrule, but in fact peace hasn't crumbled in Hyrule? Doesn't that make it kinda pointless to say?

Possibly because it is a legend??? Impa says that the mark on Link's hand means that he is a Hylian Hero. Zelda makes the remark about him appearing when peace crumbles in Hyrule. This could all be relevance. Impa and Zelda are from Hyrule. They don't know Link, but they know the legend. They know that the symbol on his hand appears when peace has crumbled in Hyrule. That's why they say it. It doesn't have to mean that peace HAS crumbled in Hyrule; Just that it has always meant that in the past, according to what they know. And in the past, pretty much all times that Link had the Triforce symbol on his hand, Hyrule had lost peace.

Ganon sent a pawn to do that for him. He kidnapped the maidens, kidnapped Zelda, and killed the king. That's a hell of a lot more than he did in OoX.

What? Where in those comparisons are Labrynna and Holodrum beside eachother? You say you can make those comparisons with Termina and Hyrule? Do it. I dare you. I've lined up graveyards, islands, deserts and other stuff.

****, PH's Gorons island matches up with OoS's Goron island, and Cresent island in TWW lines up with cresent island in OoA.

That is still just relativity. Most the maps have graveyards and deserts, mountains, lakes. Whatever. They all pretty much have the same things in them. That doesn't make them the same. Again, if it were Hyrule, they would have called it Hyrule instead of making up some random other two names for it.

OoX started out as a remake of the original LoZ. So its not unlikely that you will see relativity in some of the areas. Heck they even still used many of the bosses from LoZ. Look at the Gnarled Root Dungeon. It looks exactly like Level 1 in LoZ. This isn't because its Hyrule; Its because it started out as Hyrule.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
DUDE THIS TEXT DUMP IS ALTTP!!!

HAHAHA that has nothing to do with this argument then. We are talking about OoX, not ALTTP..

You just helped prove that peace had crumbled in Hyrule during ALTTP thus fitting in perfectly with LA BS as a direct sequel which is where I think it goes.

They are trying to argue that OoX fits the BS of LA better. Do you even know what's going on?

And @SoJ, I have been using the fact that OoX is not at all about Hyrule as my evidence. I don't see how that isn't proof. It's fact that the game is not about Hyrule. Pine did a great job of proving that Link can have the mark on his hand when Hyrule is not under attack.
The OoX quote never says that Hyrule has to be under attack. It just says that the mark means that peace in Hyrule has crumbled.

The story of AoL shows that Hyrule is most definitely not doing well and could easily not have much peace.
Hmm... Because people disagree with your ideas or something? I mean, the only two people who have came from another site to defend your ideas have done just that; Defend your ideas. I don't see why you would hate this place, but if you hate it so much and love all these other places so much, then why bother yourself with posting here?
Not because people disagree with my ideas. As you know I don't have it OoX/LA in my personal timeline.

The 2 other people (Pinecove and Viral) who came here from ZU saw how horrible and stupid this place was being, and they came to try and correct the stupidity.

If someone is being so utterly wrong and fallacious, it's hard NOT to reply. Have you ever seen those terrible YouTube timelines? Those people are horrible, but you might still reply, even though they are terrible.
Possibly because it is a legend??? Impa says that the mark on Link's hand means that he is a Hylian Hero. Zelda makes the remark about him appearing when peace crumbles in Hyrule. This could all be relevance. Impa and Zelda are from Hyrule. They don't know Link, but they know the legend. They know that the symbol on his hand appears when peace has crumbled in Hyrule. That's why they say it. It doesn't have to mean that peace HAS crumbled in Hyrule; Just that it has always meant that in the past, according to what they know. And in the past, pretty much all times that Link had the Triforce symbol on his hand, Hyrule had lost peace.
If the legend is wrong and Hyrule has a lot of peace, then why ever actually mention the legend?

If the legend is incorrect then the legend mentioned would be completely irrelevant. Why mention something so completely irrelevant, without ever actually noting it to be wrong?
HAHAHA that has nothing to do with this argument then. We are talking about OoX, not ALTTP..
He gave you a source... and you thought that the quote was from OoX? Now I have to choose what I'll post as my "Dumb Zemen Post of the Day" for ZU... it's been rather easy so far choosing, as there is almost never 2 choices to choose from. But today... ugh I'm gonna have to try and choose which one is funnier.

Pinecove

Last Chance
We're not trying to prove OoX's BS works better with it, we're trying to prove that it CAN work with it.

Yes I was mistaken with that. I thought you were trying to prove peace doesn't return to Hyrule in ALttP for some reason...

Oh I love it when people think they have won the argument. You do realize that is another thing that helps my argument, right? You basically just told me that after Link has stopped Ganon, he still had the mark. You just proved that Link can still have the mark when peace in Hyrule has been restored, or when Hyrule has peace in general. Thank you.

What the hell? He has the mark after OoX too. And he has it BEFORE peace starts to crumble in AoL. Peace never does crumble though does it? Link saves the day before it can.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If the legend is incorrect then the legend mentioned would be completely irrelevant. Why mention something so completely irrelevant, without ever actually noting it to be wrong?

Let's say Brett Favre is trying to save Minnesota from a threat. He is originally from Wisconsin and has saved them from many threats. When I (from Wisconsin) talk to him, even though it is completely irrelevant to Minnesota, I would still bring up great deeds that he is legendary for in Wisconsin.

Link is trying to save Labrynna/Holodrum from a threat. He is originally from Hyrule where previous Links have stopped previous threats. When Zelda (who is from Hyrule) talks to him and notices that he bears the mark of past heroes who have saved her land, she is going to bring it up even though it is irrelevant to the current situation. Maybe she brought it up because that was her way of showing how hopeful she was. "Past heroes with that same mark have saved Hyrule. Maybe this means you have a good chance of saving this place."

What the hell? He has the mark after OoX too. And he has it BEFORE peace starts to crumble in AoL. Peace never does crumble though does it? Link saves the day before it can.

You help me out again! I love you. So we have proved that Link can have the mark when peace in Hyrule is not crumbling. That was SoJ's main point to this whole argument and someone who is arguing with him just disproved it. Thank you.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Um...yeah but she specifically says that when peace in Hyrule crumbles the one with the symbol will apear.

Please stop bending/twisting the quote to make it fit your own context. If need be I'll get Japanese translations for this.

Its not completely irrelevant. It would be like, okay take Spider-Man for example. He usually shows up when bad things are going down in New York, right?

Well, say he gets word that somewhere way off in China, something is going down, and they need Spider-Man to go there. So he would go there, fix the problem, and be a hero. Someone in China, visiting from New York, might notice him, and say "Hey, your that guy who suddenly shows up when a bad guy is around in New York!" It would be the same concept.

Spider-Man is well known in New York for showing up when bad stuff is hapening there. People from NY recognize him. The same goes for Link. There are legends of him showing up when things go down in Hyrule. Its not unlikely that Zelda and Impa, two people from Hyrule who are closely tied with the legends and secrets of the place, would recognize Link as a hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom