• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VEM 1: Police Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
ALIT was an obvious scum-target Yesterday because he tried to set up a system...and quite possibly got close to the sole mafioso. He would have been my investigation target tonight, but something told me to go for somebody else. Guess I was right to do so, or else it would have gone to waste.

So, I investigated Darknut_Hunter as well, and once again an innocent result turned up. That strikes two innocents on my list [for reference, Kybyrian was the first], which can only mean [purportedly] that my sanity is naive. I'm thinking that because I investigated two of the more experienced players out of this game and I was of the impression that one of them might be the clear choice for Goon. But because my investigations keep coming up positively, I can't contribute much (assuming that I'm not mistaken about my sanity).

Kybyrian

Thareous said:
That strikes two innocents on my list [for reference, Kybyrian was the first], which can only mean [purportedly] that my sanity is naive.

Or you are sane (or lying, see below). Why does everyone keep forgetting this?

I investigated Darknut_Hunter last night. I got guilty. Night 0 I investigated Thareous and got innocent. This means I am either sane or insane, and either Thareous or Darknut_Hunter is scum. There's no logic in lynching anyone else today but one of those two and then retrying the next day if we don't hit; we've got our men, boys (and girls).

Vote: Darknut_Hunter

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Welp, I investigated DH and got guilty, but I also got another guilty. Assuming I'm insane, it's not DH, but I could also be paranoid.

So combined with Kybyrian's logic of it being DH or Thar, I'm going with Vote: Thareous

Kybyrian

LittleGumball said:
Welp, I investigated DH and got guilty, but I also got another guilty. Assuming I'm insane, it's not DH, but I could also be paranoid.

So combined with Kybyrian's logic of it being DH or Thar, I'm going with Vote: Thareous

Unvote
Vote: Thareous

Reasoning should be self-explanatory, but since from my investigation we know for sure that LittleGumball is not scum, we can trust his results are accurate. If he is insane then we can confirm that DH is not scum. If he is paranoid we can't tell. Either way, there is a higher probability that Thareous is scum than Darknut_Hunter when taking this into account.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Unvote

Reasoning should be self-explanatory, but since from my investigation we know for sure that LittleGumball is not scum, we can trust his results are accurate. If he is insane then we can confirm that DH is not scum. If he is paranoid we can't tell. Either way, there is a higher probability that Thareous is scum than Darknut_Hunter when taking this into account.

I'm a she, by the way :3

Kybyrian

!!!

I'm so sorry! Should really look at those little gender symbols that I even specifically added myself.

..I was so confused for a moment... Okay, Gumball is female, life is good.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Both me and Gumball had similar investigations against Darknut, and I'm thinking he's innocent, too. I just hope I'm not paranoid.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Usually Kybyrian is pretty dead-on about targeting scum, but he seriously seems to be off this game. First it was Musicfan, and now it's me. I wonder what could be up with his scum-sensing skills; either they've gone haywire or he's the Goon himself. If the latter is true, then I know for sure that I was a Naive Cop in this round.

By the way, Monolith and Gumball [and DH, if indeed you are Town], if I end up dying Today, then lynch Kybyrian no matter what the readings are. This is the first time you've played with him, but he's typically good at pinpointing Mafia members. And remember: true Town attempt to coordinate with each other, even when their unidentified comrades turn against them. I might die after saying this, but at least I had made my suspicions known.

And Ky, I think it's ironic that you go after the two most experienced players right after I'd mentioned you and DH. You sure there's no ulterior fear there? After all, multiple sources had admitted that I was innocent; you being one of them.

EBWOPD

Whatever the case, good luck to both sides!

Actually, I thought I started the musicfan thing, just to get a lynch done. Kyby has been repeating the things that I've said for a while(in fact, everyone has :I). I think I'll wait until more investigation results come in. Four votes to the lynch[right?]... it's dangerous terrain we walk.

Unvote

Kybyrian

Actually, I thought I started the musicfan thing, just to get a lynch done. Kyby has been repeating the things that I've said for a while(in fact, everyone has :I). I think I'll wait until more investigation results come in. Four votes to the lynch[right?]... it's dangerous terrain we walk.

Unvote

You can't unvote... we already reached majority :/ It's 3 votes for the lynch

Thareous said:
And Ky, I think it's ironic that you go after the two most experienced players right after I'd mentioned you and DH. You sure there's no ulterior fear there? After all, multiple sources had admitted that I was innocent; you being one of them.

There's a difference between stating that my investigation result was innocent and admitting that you're innocent. In fact, there is a 75% chance that I could get an erroneous result if you are scum (50% now that I know I'm not naive or paranoid). My result does not affect my thoughts in any way. I could just as easily be insane as sane. My post concerns the two most experienced players because the two most experienced players are the ones I investigated because they could inevitably be the most dangerous; does that not make sense?

Thareous said:
Usually Kybyrian is pretty dead-on about targeting scum, but he seriously seems to be off this game. First it was Musicfan, and now it's me.

You know as well as I do that the musicfan lynch had nothing to do with thinking about scum or not. He offered himself up, I'm pretty sure that's a tell-tale sign that he wasn't scum. The main purpose in the entire lynch was to help determine sanities; it was a viable tactic and we had to end the day with a random vote no matter how you think about it. As for my scum-sensing skills, it's hard on a brutha when you've only got a 14% chance with no evidence, you know? It's easier to predict who could be scum and what mixes there are when you know of a mod that would godmod in such a way, but Viral doesn't godmod and there's nothing to go off of. I've got a 50% chance now, though.

Thareous said:
By the way, Monolith and Gumball [and DH, if indeed you are Town], if I end up dying Today, then lynch Kybyrian no matter what the readings are. This is the first time you've played with him, but he's typically good at pinpointing Mafia members. And remember: true Town attempt to coordinate with each other, even when their unidentified comrades turn against them. I might die after saying this, but at least I had made my suspicions known.

That would be one of the most foolish moves we could make, and even if you are town, you should be able to know that; I'm truly questioning your ability for rational thought in mafia. My investigation results have narrowed it down to a 50% chance that you or DH are scum, and you even said [ilquote=Thareous][and DH, if indeed you are Town][/ilquote], stating you could be off about that too. That's implying that it doesn't matter whether I'm town or not just because of the chance that I couldn't be. However, with the lynch today and the nightkill tonight, if you are not the goon, that leaves us with three town. Lynching me tomorrow would mean the mafia win. I've got it narrowed down to 50/50, there is absolutely no room for "lynch him just in case", the game will be lost.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote Tally

Thareous: 3 (LittleGumball, Kybyrian, Hylian_Monolith)
No Vote Cast: Thareous, Darknut_Hunter

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Thats a Lynch.

Do you guys want flavoured death scenes? Like "The villagers raided ____ house and found etc etc", or are these short brief posts fine? Feel free to chime in during the night, but only answer the question; don't post anything off-topic.

---

You guys lynched Thareous. Turns out he was cop. ****.

The Living: 4
Hylian_Monolith
Kybryrian
LittleGumball
Darknut_Hunter

The Dead: 3
Musicfan - Town Cop (Lynched Day 1)
ALIT - Town Cop (Killed Night 1)
Thareous - Town Cop (Lynched Day 2)

Night 2 Begins
Night 2 will end ~48 hours from this post.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom