• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If he isn't today but he could be tomorrow is it better to off him or let him be? I want to know where his allegiance lies because we can't afford to be adding to the scum population now can we...

If he isn't lying, the mafia might NK and take him anyway. Of course, this could save us a day for NK, but we'd have to use a lynch on him after that anyway, right? And he stated his allegiance - he has none. He doesn't really care.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I seriously doubt he is a judas character, to be honest.
Personally, I believe Durion is an asset (or could have been) to the town, but since he expressed obvious disinterest in the game, and because he isn't town, I don't really care if we lynch him today or not.
In a perfect world he'd want to play and want to help the town.

Hmm. My bad. There are still three mafia members left-whoever is Father, Pride, and Envy.

Garo and Pendio are 80% scum on my radar. GWAF is 60%. I continue to believe you entered into a misunderstanding with her, Draco, and both of you are town. But I could be wrong.

I find it weird that you went "GWAF isn't scum" to "GWAF is 60% scum" after Draco asked why. But yet still maintain that she is town...

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
If he isn't lying, the mafia might NK and take him anyway. Of course, this could save us a day for NK, but we'd have to use a lynch on him after that anyway, right? And he stated his allegiance - he has none. He doesn't really care.

If he doesnt care is that good or bad? Does he have a choice whether he wants to be mafia or not? Or does he HAVE to be when they tell him to?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
And at last the day must come to an end.

Current Vote tally:

4 - Durion (Darknut_Hunter, Furie, A Link In Time, GirlWithAFairy, Pendio)
2 - Dracomajora (Durion)
1 - GaroXicon (A Link In Time)

As the day came to twilight, the town’s people argued about who would have to be lynched that day. So far they’d been lucky these past few days, only being able to lynch the mafia that has invaded their town. Durion looked suspicious, and they all roused up against him. When the arguing came to a close they decided that Durion was their target.

The girl came, and they all fell silent as she prepared the ropes. But there was no struggle from Durion, as he willingly came forward.

“Have you any last words, Durion?” The girl asked as she slid the rope around his neck.

“None that you’d like to hear.” He said with an unsettling smirk.

The girl was silent and stone faced, as she tightened the rope around his neck, and readied the board to be loosened. She stepped down, and the entire town watched, awaiting the death of their elected foe. Quick as it came; the girl pushed the board from under his feet, and let him dangle in the air. Everyone was silent for a time, as if he wasn’t quite dead yet.

Finally the girl spoke up, “That’s just as I thought.”

She smiled at the dangling man, but the rest of the town was confused.

“What is it miss?”

“You don’t have to play dead Greed,” the girl said, pulling out her dagger that she had used to kill Lust.

“Oh, now don’t spoil all the fun in this.” Greed said, cutting the ropes and landing on the ground.

“Hey, he’s not dead!” Pendio called out.

“No I’m not. And I’m not going to either.”

“That’s what you say.” The girl said, smirking.

And as quick as lightning Greed was on top of her, slashing with his hands that had formed into rock. The girl was quick though, and blocked every blow with the glowing dagger that had been a murder weapon on the occasion the day before. Greed had only his arms covered with the rocky skin, and the girl found an opening in his chest.

As soon as she had the moment, she stabbed him right there, where the stone lay inside him, keeping him alive. It shattered into a million pieces, and Greed turned to dust, blowing away with the wind. She recovered her weapon, and brushed it off from the fight. The town looked with awe at the woman, but no one spoke.

“He was not your foe, my dear town’s people. He was merely a man after what men are always after. Wealth, women, the world. But he was homunculi, for sure. You knew him as Durion, but his real name was Greed. Now go back to your homes, you’ll want to hurry through this night.”

The girl simply left them there. And after a time they all went hurrying home, not able to sleep.

Durion was Greed, a Third Party member

Please send me your PMs, those with roles, and we can get the next day up and running. ;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Father sat in his room, with Pride staring endlessly at him. He was more than furious now, far more. Pride dared not say anything to him, for fear of something happening to him. Finally Father stood.

“Father, where are you going?” Pride asked, worry taking over him.

“I’m going out. To end this girl’s life once and for all.” He saimply said, keeping his tone neutral. “She’s caused nothing but trouble, and I want her eliminated. At once!”

Pride took a step back, realizing that if he got in the way then something would for sure happen to him. Father roughly grabbed his coat off the hanger and pulled it on. Pride then knew he was going out, by himself.

“You can’t. Father, it’s too dangerous-”

“It’s dangerous to stay here! We’re being picked at like flowers! I will not stand for this! Never!”

“Sheesh, calm down pops. It’s not the end yet.” Envy stood up then, in his usual female garb.

“I don’t need that from you!”

“Alright, just don’t go making irrational decisions okay?”

“Father, if you’re going out there to kill her, you might want to take us with you.” Pride suggested.

“I suppose your right. Come, let us end this now.”

Envy and Pride followed Father as he rushed out the door. They were outside soon enough, and out there they began their journey. Father had observed where the girl was going each night, when she left them. And he headed in that direction to see if he could find any trace of her.

“Find anything yet?”

Father stopped and whirled around. There stood a military man, leaning against one of the house’s walls. He had short black hair and white gloves with a transmutation symbol on each. Next to him stood two other’s in the same uniform. Both were female however, one of them with long blond hair, and the other with the same short hair as the man. Father stood up straight and faced them fully.

“What are you doing out here?” Father asked, with Pride and Envy beside him.

“What Edward Elric was doing the night you sent someone to kill him,” Olivier Armstrong replied in a rough tone.

“Well I can tell you that you’ll not get any more than he got,” Envy said with a laugh.

“And why is that?” Roy Mustang asked.

“Because you will evidently meet the same fate,” Father smiled maliciously.

“We’ll see,” Maria Ross said with a smirk.

Roy Mustang was quick to light a fire in Father’s face, Olivier pulled out her sword and began slashing at Envy, and Maria pulled out her gun to shoot at Pride. But Father wasn’t like the other homunculi. He blocked Roy’s attacks with his own force field. He was shocked, but he wasn’t thrown off for more than a second. Roy sent more fire at Father, but only with the same result.

Olivier was having a hard time blocking and slashing at Envy, whilst he continuously kicked and punched. She had no time to attack, only defend. It was getting her nowhere, and every chance she got she quickly looked around for something to hit Envy with. She made a mistake then, and was knocked off her feet by one of Envy’s powerful blows.

Envy then jumped up and landed right on top of Olivier, breaking some of her ribs inside. Blood was seeping through her clothes, and she gave a cry of agony. Envy smiled, and beat her to death.

Maria was shooting at Pride, but it seemed to have no effect. Pride was a shadow, and everything that hit him he absorbed. He lashed at her then, sending a spike through her gut. Blood came pouring out, and she dropped her gun. She fell to the floor, gripping her wound with her eyes closed tight. Pride came over and finished her off, by sending another spike through her head.

Father then rushed at Roy with all his might and brought him down. Roy fell, leaving blood to come out of his mouth. But that didn’t stop him. He sent more fire at Father, each hitting its mark, but all never touching Father.

“Why don’t you fight like a man?” Roy shouted at him.

“Because I’m not a man!”

Father went for one last blow to Roy, watching him fly through the air. Roy landed with a thud, and a broken arm. Father stepped closer, slowly, creating tension. When he bent down to Roy, he smiled.

“You’re sick, you know that?” Roy said, gasping for air in his lungs.

“Am I? We’ll see about that.”

Father stood up and pulled out a sword from the ground. Roy looked up with wide eyes, and realized his death was nigh. Father raised the blade, and brought it down into Roy’s gut, leaving a fountain of blood pouring from the wound.

He pulled out the blade, and let it fade as the alchemy was wearing. He turned to his homunculus, but was confronted by a man. He had a scar on his face, in the shape of an X. Lust had told him of this man, and he assumed that he was the cause of most of his homunculi deaths.

“So, decided to come after me too eh?” Father said with a wry smile.

“I’ve decided to pass judgment on those who commit crimes.”

“Well then, you’ll have to find a better man. You’ll have a hard time passing judgment on me.”

“We’ll see old man.”

The scar faced man was quicker than Father, and he was unable to procure a field before the man grabbed him arm. It exploded as the alchemy surged through his right arm. The man jumped back, and Father gave out a groan. He held his arm, as it formed back into place. Envy and Pride were running to Father’s help then, but not fast enough.

“You have made a mistake, scar man-”

The scarred man was at him again, this time grasping his stomach. The philosopher’s stone inside, surged with energy. He used his alchemy on his right arm then, destroying the stone that held Father together.

Father looked shocked, and fell to his knees.

“No,” He said. “No. This, this can’t be. Y-you mortals can’t…”

“May God have mercy on your soul,” The scare faced man said, leaving Father to die in the dirt.

Father fell to the ground, his body disintegrating. He looked forward, at Roy’s body. The man he’d killed before he died. Roy was still conscious, enough to turn to Father and manage a smile. They both died then, Father’s remains blowing away with the wind.

Envy and Pride looked on in horror. The scarred man was gone, apparently only after Father tonight. They both gave each other scared looks. Suddenly they heard something behind them. They turned to see a little girl bent down to the bodies of those they’d killed.

She looked to be about ten, and had a weird cat thing on her shoulder. She looked up at them, looking angry and sad.

“You did this!” She cried, pointing at them.

“Look little girl, we don’t want more of a mess here. So run along before we have to kill you too,” Envy said, waving her away.

Suddenly there were knifes circled around them. The girl had her hands on the ground in a circle of the same knife formation, except smaller. It glowed for a second, then Envy and Pride were flung into the air and the earth turned against them and shot them sky high.

They landed hard. Envy stood up wearily, red sparks appearing here and there on his body.

“That’s it little girl, you’ve done it.”

Envy ran at her, but not fast enough as she did another bit of alchemy and shot spikes through his skin. He gave out a cry of pain. Pride got up then, and ran at the girl. She barely had enough time to think, and formed a dome around the boy.

Then she walked closer to Envy, with a satisfied look about her.

“Why did you do that?” She asked.

“For fun really,” Envy replied, managing a malicious smile.

“You’ll pay, you’ll all pay!”

“Hmm, we’ll see.”

Envy suddenly broke free of his bond and grabbed the girl’s throat. He squeezed tight, as she groped at his arms, trying to free herself.

“Pathetic.”

Envy tossed down her body, and broke a hole through Pride’s prison. Pride walked out and looked about. He saw the girl’s body, and the rest of them.

“We’d better get out of here.”

“Yeah, we’ll try and make a plan tomorrow,” Envy said, walking back to the inn they’d been staying in.

In the morning when the town got out of their homes, they saw all the bodies. There were three military bodies and a body of a little girl. When the wounded girl appeared again they all stepped back.

“They’ve struck again,” She said, examining them.

“But, this time there’s no dust,” Furie said, shaking with fear.

“No, it blew away,” She stood up. “Have you noticed your numbers? There are only eleven of you?”

They stayed silent.

“I’ll be back at dusk.”

And the girl left them once more, as was her ritual now for them.

GaroXicon was Father, the Mafia Godfather
Darknut_Hunter was Roy Mustang, a Special Vote Townie
Rachel was Maria Ross, a Vanilla Townie
zelda_geek was Olivier Armstrong, a Vanilla Townie
PK Flash was May Chang, a Vanilla Townie

The Living(10):

Dracomajora
A Link In Time
Furie
Atticus
Lord Death
Durion
Pendio
PokaLink
Viral Maze
GirlWithAFairy

The dead:

Axle the Beast - Sloth_mafia member [Lynched day 1]
Kybyrian - Ling Yao_vanilla townie [Night-killed night 1]
Jedizora - Gluttony_mafia Strongman [Night-killed night 1]
MonkeyFightSquad - Lust_mafia member [Lynched day 2]
Thareous - Edward Elric_Town Hero [Night-killed night 2]
TheMasterSword - Wrath_mafia member [Night-killed night 2]
Durion – Greed_Third Party member [Lynched day 3]
Darknut_Hunter - Roy Mustang_Special Vote Townie [Night-killed night 3]
Rachel - Maria Ross_Vanilla Townie [Night-killed night 3]
zelda_geek - Olivier Armstrong_Vanilla Townie [Night-killed night 3]
GaroXicon – Father_Mafia Godfather [Night-killed night 3]
PK Flash - May Chang_Vanilla Townie [Night-killed night 3]

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for a majority lynch.

Day ends on 1/10/2013 at 11:00PM ET.

Atticus has taken Fig’s place, and Lord Death has taken Linkdude74’s place. PK Flash, Zelda_geek and Rachel have all been mod-killed.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
FoS Pendio

I plan on doing some select-post reading later seeing as Garo flipped scum (even though I was closely following him for the past 2 days). I am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins for the umpteenth time... brb!

EBDP: Also Raindrop, MFS is dead. He's still listed as alive (and dead, both at the same time).

GaroXicon was very fishy from the start choosing to lurk in the shadows rather than actually contribute to the game.

The nail in the coffin for him was trying to frame me. When I saw that long post casting a finger of suspicion on me, I knew he was scum. Too bad for him, no one joined his cause save for a few lingering doubts because the day was approaching its end.

Now we have two Mafia members left to exterminate-whoever is Envy and Lust.

Also, only nine players remain since Raindrop accidentally listed Durion and MFS as living.

The Godfather targeted me with several long-winded posts. If that doesn't rule me out as scum, then I don't know what does. There's a 25% chance the other players are Mafia. I still think either Viral or Draco are scum but for now I'll agree with my former adversary.

FoS: Pendio

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Hey there guys! Like Rainy said, I'll be the one taking Fig's place. I've been reading as many pages as a could, and I think I'm somewhat caught up on what's happening. But I do want to address one thing I saw most recently that caught my eye:

A Link In Time said:
Hmm. My bad. There are still three mafia members left-whoever is Father, Pride, and Envy.

Garo and Pendio are 80% scum on my radar. GWAF is 60%. I continue to believe you entered into a misunderstanding with her, Draco, and both of you are town. But I could be wrong.

It's perfectly fine to be suspicious of someone, I mean that's the point of the game, but you said this before....

GWAF isn't scum. I'm almost certain of that.

You're almost certain, but then you quickly change that by saying she's 60% scum. Although I'm well aware 60% is not even close to 100%, you're still saying that her possibility of being scum is higher than a 50/50 chance. Why are you so quick to change your answers? I'm just curious.

Wait, what?

Why are we addressing my fickle voting again?

So even after I vote Garo and tell the vigilante to kill him my posts are being scrutinized?

I understand you're reasoning somewhat though. With nine players remaining and two of them scum it's best to be suspicious of everyone. That said, you have least reason to be suspicious of me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wait, what?

Why are we addressing my fickle voting again?

So even after I vote Garo and tell the vigilante to kill him my posts are being scrutinized?

I understand you're reasoning somewhat though. With nine players remaining and two of them scum it's best to be suspicious of everyone. That said, you have least reason to be suspicious of me.

Two things.

1.) "Fickle Voting", as you put it, is a nooby move. Sorry, but it is. Your votes should be based on the evidence that you, yourself, gather.

2.) Just because you voted for someone who turned out to be the Godfather, and also informed the Vig to kill him, does not make you the hero of this game. There are still two mafia members at large and everyone should be considered a suspect. The nooby mistakes I listed above are things that will get you lynched, especially with only nine players remaining.

Uhm, also, Rainy I think you counted the votes wrong.
Raindrop14 said:
4 - Durion (Darknut_Hunter, Furie, A Link In Time, GirlWithAFairy, Pendio)
2 - Dracomajora (Durion)
1 - GaroXicon (A Link In Time)

I don't think players can vote twice.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Hey everyone. I hope I read everything right and am properly caught up...

I haven't been here the whole game so I currently don't have any strong convictions, but I find it interesting that DH was the one killed. So I went back and carefully read over all his stuff, and it's pretty obvious who he was targeting as mafia.

Darknut_Hunter said:
Dracomajora said:
As for Pendio, he seems like a perfectly average player. He doesn't seem very suspicious to me, but should be watched.

And that's why I'm suspicious of him. He seems too average. Most of us have really gotten down into the debate. I'm not saying he didn't, but I noticed his input increased consideralbley so when MFS was on the chopping block, as if he was in trying to decide whether to cast dispersions elsewhere, or just cut ties off with a member of the mafia who was acting very erratically.

He went as far as saying:

Darknut_Hunter said:
Not only that but I'm venturing out to say that either Pendio or Durion are Godfather.

And then he really didn't pursue this inkling as much, but he still said it...

Darknut_Hunter said:
1) Garo has some good posts, but I still have this gut feeling that he's more than meets the eye, and that bothers me because if he is using his opinions to sway people, we're in trouble.

Well now we know that Garo was indeed Mafia, the Godfather even. If we entertain the idea that Pendio is also mafia, it's reasonable to assume that he would have pushed for DH's NK, and Garo would have agreed.

So for now... FoS Pendio

Kirino

Tatakae
I had some suspicions against Garo. His whole strategy was rather scummy, but I had little evidence to back up my gut feeling, so I remained silent. Great to see that he was the Godfather. Anyways, there are 10 players left. 2 of them are scum. I don't really see what's suspicious about Pendio, but i'll go back and re-read.

Atticus said:
Just because you voted for someone who turned out to be the Godfather, and also informed the Vig to kill him, does not make you the hero of this game. There are still two mafia members at large and everyone should be considered a suspect. The nooby mistakes I listed above are things that will get you lynched, especially with only nine players remaining.

I just wanted to clarify that after three or so mafia games, I'm no longer a noob and developed a coherent strategy for this game which involved not voting rashly but rather to pressure opponents especially when the vote count was close. This was applied to Axle and DH on the first day and Draco and Viral yesterday.

Also, I'm not proclaiming myself the "hero" of this game as you dub it but rather pointing out that I led the charge on Garo after he laid a finger of suspicion on me. You note that this late in the game everyone is scum but would Garo have risked lynching his fellow scum member so late in the game? You have to realize that no one suspected Garo at that point and any doubts others had about me were not well founded. Garo then emerged from the shadows-out of nowhere-accusing me and I knew he was up to no good laying a finger of suspicion on him myself. That said, I continued to pressure Viral believing him to be scum and went for Durion after he derailed the game. I was in general agreement with the possibility of Pendio being scum but keeping my own townie role in mind instantly raised Garo's rating on my scum meter. I'm glad the vigilante heard me out.

I'm not bashing your strategy because I think it's great-playing as aggressively and assertively as possible. If you have any lingering doubts concerning me, I'm obliged to explain. I hope you understand though why I should be low on your priority list for mafia members.

Interesting find, Lord Death. DH was playing at his best this entire game suspecting Axle early on, then Garo as well as the neutral but nonetheless potentially hazardous Durion. As with Kybyrian's intuition list early in the game though we shouldn't be completely trustful of lucky breaks no matter how much evidence they have stacked in their favor.

I'm not going to cast an eye or finger upon Atticus or Lord Death but I'd like more info on how the replacements were chosen. I assume that Atticus and Lord Death merely expressed interest in serving as replacements and did not ask to replace someone in particular but Rainy likely chose Fig and Linkdude74 to replace because they are either townies with special powers or scum. I'm inclined to believe the former.

I haven't detected a scummy vibe from Furie and contend Pokalink is nooby although he could be mafia playing a haphazard strategy similar to MFS early in the game. I'm still somewhat suspicious of Viral but less so than Pendio and PokaLink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom