• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
FUUU, you posted before my EBWODP. Anyway, I said before the only person that knows my role is the mod. However, I've seen roles in the past where a person isn't part of the Mafia but once targeted is recruited into them. It usually happens with characters don't really have a solid allegiance, which is sort of true for greed. I am causing confusion but that's the only way to make this game interesting for me. Finally no matter how you look at it, I'm damaging the town no matter what you do now.

EBWODP

Fair enough, I assumed you played before since we don't usually get players that haven't in these games.

So let me get this straight. When we lynch you, you become Mafia, and the Mafia can choose to recruit you as well?

So let me get this straight. When we lynch you, you become Mafia, and the Mafia can choose to recruit you as well?

Nononono, if I said lynch instead of targeted then I'm sorry about that. The role I'm suggesting, the Judas role as Viral pointed out, means that if I was to be killed in the night by the mafia then I might be recruited into the Mafia. They have a good reason to test this theory and you guys have a good reason to let it be tested. They gain an extra member for a week assuming you lynch me next week and for the night the rest of the power roles in the town are safe. My character has the right sort of role in the actual series itself to be made into the Judas role, it's all dependant on whether or not Raindrop went down that route.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
How do you lynch someone and they become mafia? That makes no sense. Youre lynched you die, your dead you cant be mafia... right?

When a Judas is lynched, the town is just told that the lynch failed. During the night, the player (who has the Judas role) becomes a member of the mafia. His win-condition changes, etc etc.
There can be many explanations for a failed lynch such as a governor role, or un-lynchable townie, so people don't automatically assume Judas.
A Saulus role also exists. They start off as scum, but become town when lynched. It's even rarer than the Judas role (which I have never encountered in all my games).

Probably originated in a Bible Mafia game... >_____________>

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Nononono, if I said lynch instead of targeted then I'm sorry about that. The role I'm suggesting, the Judas role as Viral pointed out, means that if I was to be killed in the night by the mafia then I might be recruited into the Mafia. They have a good reason to test this theory and you guys have a good reason to let it be tested. They gain an extra member for a week assuming you lynch me next week and for the night the rest of the power roles in the town are safe. My character has the right sort of role in the actual series itself to be made into the Judas role, it's all dependant on whether or not Raindrop went down that route.

Im.... so..... lost. So lost that its not even funny. So if we TARGET you then you can change become mafia and if they NIGHT KILL you then you can become mafia too?

Capslock + italics for clarity because of the lynching confusion.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
EBDP: I think you said night-kill, Durion. I just brought up the Judas role which is normally associated with a lynch rather than a nightkill.
Same idea behind though.

Edit again: A nightkill would make more sense and is in keeping with the flavour of the series

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
EBWODP

When a Judas is lynched, the town is just told that the lynch failed. During the night, the player (who has the Judas role) becomes a member of the mafia. His win-condition changes, etc etc.
There can be many explanations for a failed lynch such as a governor role, or un-lynchable townie, so people don't automatically assume Judas.
A Saulus role also exists. They start off as scum, but become town when lynched. It's even rarer than the Judas role (which I have never encountered in all my games).

Probably originated in a Bible Mafia game... >_____________>

Mind=Blown..... my head officially hurts.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If Durion is a Judas, that sucks.

But I don't think he is. Viral seems to be playing along, and we already think Viral is scum. I think it's a big ploy to rally the mafia for one final blow. Good try guys.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
If Durion is a Judas, that sucks.

But I don't think he is. Viral seems to be playing along, and we already think Viral is scum. I think it's a big ploy to rally the mafia for one final blow. Good try guys.

I feel like you're really reaching here... I don't recall saying I think Durion is a judas.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Because I picked up on his softclaim? Or is it because I brought up the Judas role to corroborate his suspicions that he may be a secret-judas?

Because that is very scummy thing for me to do, yeah... Totally.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Actually, it is.

You had the most votes against you, and then suddenly Durion (who we've also had suspicions about but weren't pursuing) shows up, and tries to derail the entire thing. Not only that, but you're the only one who comes up with him maybe having a power role, and even seeming to suggest that you have one yourself.

Yes. It's extremely scummy.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I've read the manga, and seen the series. So it's not absurd for me to catch onto the 'betrayed my father' bit of his post especially when the main bad guy's name is Father...

And I didn't suggest I had a power role. You suggested I had one. I told you right away that I found Durion's softclaim.

Pen

The game is on!
Dude! I've also become really confused now by Durion's roleclaim. I think we should lynch him today to get rid of all the confusion, or at least try to lynch him (we'll see what happens when we do).

Unvote: Viral Maze

Vote: Durion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom