• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ask Me Anything About the Skyward Sword Demo

I got hit A LOT MORE than I've been hit in any of the 3D Zelda games in a long time. I believe the first time I tried out the dungeon and boss battles I had to use one potion for each, but I don't remember for certain.

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
Did you get to hear any of the music in the game or was the area too noisy to hear anything. If you did happen to hear some of the music what do you think was the best piece that you heard?
You can hear some of the music in this video: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...elda-skyward-sword-swinging-by-gameplay-movie

Also, do you think's Stamina Meter will be applied to other things, and what? Also, do you think they might actually make an upgrade to his stamina?

Did you get to hear any of the music in the game or was the area too noisy to hear anything. If you did happen to hear some of the music what do you think was the best piece that you heard?

All the music from the demo can be heard in the video embedded here: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...words-music-without-any-background-noise.html

Agent Spaghetti said:
Also, do you think's Stamina Meter will be applied to other things, and what? Also, do you think they might actually make an upgrade to his stamina?

There might be one or two other things it gets tied to, but I doubt there'll be upgrades. Some items like strength bracelets and Pegasus Boots or something might make it deplete slower while pushing/climbing or dashing (assuming items like this even show up), but... yeah, I don't think the meter itself will or even should have upgrades. It's there to provide limitations, since in other games Link tends to be terribly overpowered.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There might be one or two other things it gets tied to, but I doubt there'll be upgrades. Some items like strength bracelets and Pegasus Boots or something might make it deplete slower while pushing/climbing or dashing (assuming items like this even show up), but... yeah, I don't think the meter itself will or even should have upgrades. It's there to provide limitations, since in other games Link tends to be terribly overpowered.

Pegasus Boots in a 3D Zelda? I highly doubt that will ever happen. Just my opinion.

Pegasus Boots in a 3D Zelda? I highly doubt that will ever happen. Just my opinion.

Eh, they've already practically included it by putting in a dashing mechanic in the first place. Pegasus Boots would be an upgrade to the dashing if anything, either letting you run faster or for a longer period of time without tiring.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Eh, they've already practically included it by putting in a dashing mechanic in the first place. Pegasus Boots would be an upgrade to the dashing if anything, either letting you run faster or for a longer period of time without tiring.

Exactly about the dashing already in it. But with using them just to not get tired as fast... That seems quite redundant.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
So in the Bird Riding Session of the Demo, on the left side there is an indicator showing a sun, your bird and a cloud on bottom.how does this work? or what does it indicate? is it like icarus?Flying towards the suns makes you overheated or smthing? :P Thanks in advance!

Exactly about the dashing already in it. But with using them just to not get tired as fast... That seems quite redundant.

How so? They're putting the dash mechanic in there for a reason. More than likely not tiring out as quickly will help at some point, especially during the stealth portions where you'll need to make sure you steer clear of enemies.

Rinku said:
So in the Bird Riding Session of the Demo, on the left side there is an indicator showing a sun, your bird and a cloud on bottom.how does this work? or what does it indicate? is it like icarus?Flying towards the suns makes you overheated or smthing? Thanks in advance!

As far as I can tell, it's just a height meter, with the top indicating the highest you can fly and the bottom indicating the lowest. I didn't try to see what happens if you go too high or too low, though.

Shake the Nunchuk while dashing (hold A while running to dash), and Link will roll. I believe this consumes slightly more stamina than just dashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom