• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ask Me Anything About the Skyward Sword Demo

what was your reaction to the shield meter and ive heard the scorpion is a mini boss corect?

I actually found myself using the shield pretty frequently, so the fact that you'll have to be careful about how much damage your shield takes will put a lot more pressure on players to defeat enemies quickly. Since enemies usually defend as well, defeating enemies is going to be tougher all around in terms of both offense and defense.

As for the scorpion: I have no idea where or even if it will appear in the final game. It didn't show up in this demo.

Everything I know about the plot:

Link begins the game as a student of a boarding school in Skyloft. He is a birdrider, a special handler of Loftbirds, a main method of transportation up in the clouds. His friend, Zelda, is captured and sucked down to a mysterious surface world when a giant tornado appears, and Link, who receives the magical Skyward Sword, must travel down to the surface and rescue her.

Link explores the mysterious Sky Temple and confronts the Demon Lord Ghirahim, the ruler of the world below, but is unable to rescue Zelda. The rest of the game will follow Link's exploration of the surface as he attempts to unravel the mystery behind this strange new world, rescue his friend, and confront Ghirahim.

We didn't see or hear much that you couldn't have already gleaned from the demo, except that Ghirahim is not the only major villain and there seems to be a romance between Link and Zelda (they say this for pretty much every game, but there actually looks to be a concrete story surrounding this this time).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We didn't see or hear much that you couldn't have already gleaned from the demo, except that Ghirahim is not the only major villain and there seems to be a romance between Link and Zelda (they say this for pretty much every game, but there actually looks to be a concrete story surrounding this this time).

Oh, there's definitely no way Ghirahim's the only villain. He's probably just the front-liner of sorts. As far as Link and Zelda, though, I'd say they're just friends, as a love interest would cause Link to be royalty later, and I just don't see that happening. That's just my opinion.

The Skulltula. Getting it onto its back is kind of a challenge if you don't know what you're doing. Nothing wrong with it, naturally, just kinda tedious in comparison to the rest of them which were more intutive.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I thought I'd get a second question in before you tire of this, so:

SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):(:):(:):(:):(:):(

(I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE SPOILER BOX THING)

It's very heavily hinted that the Hylian Shield, itself, is special. It doesn't take damage from direct attacks and I think it was stated by a rep to you and Zelda Universe dude (Jason?) that you get it later in the game. Any ideas as to what the significance of it could be? It does have the Triforce on it with Link's bird underneath, do you think that means Link will obtain or forge it after knowing of the Triforce or something? I dunno, this is more speculation than a question of the demo (I understand if you'd like to push this question aside).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Did you get to hear any of the music in the game or was the area too noisy to hear anything. If you did happen to hear some of the music what do you think was the best piece that you heard?

have you fought a stalfos yet?

Yes! It was probably the most fun fight of the whole dungeon demo! (Naturally; it was the hardest/longest fight in the demo.)

It's very heavily hinted that the Hylian Shield, itself, is special. It doesn't take damage from direct attacks and I think it was stated by a rep to you and Zelda Universe dude (Jason?) that you get it later in the game. Any ideas as to what the significance of it could be? It does have the Triforce on it with Link's bird underneath, do you think that means Link will obtain or forge it after knowing of the Triforce or something? I dunno, this is more speculation than a question of the demo (I understand if you'd like to push this question aside).

I'm assuming it's just the shield that can absorb everything but magic. Hard to say whether there'll be anything special about it story-wise. I doubt it, since it wasn't all that special in other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom