• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 6: Castlevania

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I am pro-RVS is because it will reveal things about people. Their role, as I mentioned, but also how they react.

Unless I'm missing something in your posts, I wish to know in what why the RVS will reveal someone's role. It's hard enough for such a weak tactic to reveal a players alignment, never mind their specific role.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Durion said:
Unless I'm missing something in your posts, I wish to know in what why the RVS will reveal someone's role. It's hard enough for such a weak tactic to reveal a players alignment, never mind their specific role.

I apologize, I didn't explain that quite right. What I meant was not *just* RVS'ing, but getting an actual lynch at the end of the day, whether by RVS or because you find that person to be actually scummy.

I see why that was confusing. I did mean lynching at the end of the day. Info gathered from lynches is really important, as I explained earlier.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Eh, where to start here? The reason I feel all first day votes are RVS'ish in a sense is because no one knows anyone else's roles. You may say "Oh, this person looks scummy because their posts are [insert reason here]." However, it's still just a guess. The only sound evidence comes from lynches or nightkills. When someone is killed/lynched, their role is revealed. Even if they're townie, you can look back and gather info from that, like who pushed hard for their lynch, or who didn't want to vote, etc.

The reason I am pro-RVS is because it will reveal things about people. Their role, as I mentioned, but also how they react.
... this sounds as if you are fishing for our power roles :/ While things might look like slip-ups some of it isn't any real real evidence. Any suspicions are in fact never 100%. You are right that the real facts come out only until a lynch/kill is competed and the truth is revealed about the role. An RVS can't reveal anything concrete, you can catch mafia in slip-ups, (and as I said before town role can get caught up too) a little too defensive or dismissive etc. The only roles we really want revealed are scum, other wise we could start losing our best roles to the mafia at night. It's rare for more then one protective role in these game... they can't save everyone.

And... what was up with you kinda turning on the RVS and random votes, when you keep saying you're for them? :/

Nicole

luke is my wife
Keyshe said:
And... what was up with you kinda turning on the RVS and random votes, when you keep saying you're for them? :/

Do you mean that I said I wasn't voting yet? I'm just not ready to vote. I am for RVS'ing, but I don't think that's necessary right now, in this particular situation. Perhaps 2 or 3 posts down, I will feel it is necessary.

Secondly, what is with this?

Keyshe said:
... this sounds as if you are fishing for our power roles :/

Keyshe said:
Trying too hard to look neutral and town?

From the looks of this, you're trying to pin "Mafia" on me. Or push other people on me.

IGMEOY: Keyshe

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
:huh: that is really random. If you really think so why not switch your vote to one of us, eh?

You valiantly came to Elfen's defense (about his RVS/NoLynch post), trying to defuse whatever negative meaning his post may have had.
The scum buddies part was sarcasm, I just wanted to point out the fact that you tried to help him.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Meh. 5 pages already?! Good thing I found a computer. I'mma go read back in a bit but I see no point arguing over RVSing because it could end up in false accusations, depending on each person's view of RVS. So yeah. *Goes to read*

Kybyrian

Thanks to Jo's influence I started taking some notes this round so I can actually try to help the town instead of just standing on the sidelines. :P

Starting with Durion, I want to say that his general attitude thus far has been causing me to raise and eyebrow towards him during my reading. He expresses a plain dislike for RVS and says we need to force mistakes out of people. I don't know if he's dozing off at the part where we plainly explain to him that's what we intend to do with RVS, but thus far he has failed to provide us with a better alternative or actually do anything to prove that we don't need to RVS.

Hero of Music likes to state that, as experienced players, we don't have to resort to using RVS. He acts as if RVS is a tactic commonly reserved for inexperienced players, when in reality, as we have seen, it helps to generate conversation and even point out some oddities among people (e.g. jedizora). Also, why is he trying to pass off this carefree attitude so hard?

THP has this dislike for RVS that we see among the previous two, as well. She states that only inexperienced scum will crack under the pressure, but fails to acknowledge that even that can be beneficial to the town. It's better than doing nothing to get discussion sparked, and if we have a chance at lynching any Mafia at all, why not go for it?

I think that Elfen's actions can mostly be contributed to inexperience, but he still has as much of a chance as being Mafia as all of us do.

Jedizora, which is who my vote went to, seems to not care one way or another about where the lynch goes, as long as he isn't opposed too much. I don't have much to say about this right now considering it's only a little bit into the day, but it's better to note. He seems to have a reaction to my vote but then seems to try to shrug it off. I told you don't have much experience with RVS, Jedi.

It looks like Soldier of Link is just wording things funny... I can't fully grasp what she's trying to say, but I think I get the general idea. The whole "fishing for power roles" thing doesn't really make any sense to me, Keyshe. She's talking about how a role will be revealed after a person dies. While I dunno exactly why she mentions it, I don't see it as anything scummy.

Gonzo seems a little odd to me, the way he's clearly reading but still kind of just sits out there.

It's not much, but it's what I've gathered so far. I've been trying to read the thread a little more carefully than I have in the past. And, like I said, I'm starting to take notes thanks to Jo's influence. :P Feel free to point out anything I may be missing.

Jedizora

:right:
. I told you don't have much experience with RVS, Jedi.

I would like to know when you said that I had little experience with RVS. At the point of that posting, I had already been in two maifa games where the first 5 or so pages were devoted to exactly that: RVS-ing.

Kybyrian

I would like to know when you said that I had little experience with RVS. At the point of that posting, I had already been in two maifa games where the first 5 or so pages were devoted to exactly that: RVS-ing.

Sorry, little typo there. It should have been, "I told you I don't have much experience with RVS."

Starting with Durion, I want to say that his general attitude thus far has been causing me to raise and eyebrow towards him during my reading. He expresses a plain dislike for RVS and says we need to force mistakes out of people. I don't know if he's dozing off at the part where we plainly explain to him that's what we intend to do with RVS, but thus far he has failed to provide us with a better alternative or actually do anything to prove that we don't need to RVS.

No where in this game does it say provide your own alternative when refusing to do something. If you want an alternative, do what Jo does and use nothing to get someone lynched (which you're doing that by implying that resisting the RVS is scummy). And I don't know if you also dozed off, but I know what you intend with a tactic like RVS, but it doesn't work. As I pointed out before, everyone that has had a vote against their name hasn't reacted. In fact, I don't think the RVS has ever lead to any of us catching any mafia on this site, ever. It's like walking up to an army with a pistol that has one bullet in it, and they know that. As I've already pointed out, they won't crack either. You need to bandwagon to get anyone to crack, which isn't really randomly voting.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
RVS isn't for catching scum on Day 1...
RVS alone doesn't make people crack.
RVS is an apple. You use this apple to make apple pie, but you also need an oven, and other baking material. The apple itself isn't the pie.
If you can make an apple pie, sweet. If you can't, well then that sucks.

We should really just make a discussion thread for the merits of RVS. >_>

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
It looks like Soldier of Link is just wording things funny... I can't fully grasp what she's trying to say, but I think I get the general idea. The whole "fishing for power roles" thing doesn't really make any sense to me, Keyshe. She's talking about how a role will be revealed after a person dies. While I dunno exactly why she mentions it, I don't see it as anything scummy.
I started making my post before she clarified to Durion. I can see clearly that she mean after the death of players + the information gathered from RVS reveals roles and where to go from there. It was a misunderstanding on my part of her meaning that would have been cleared up if I waited longer to post. :/
By the way I'm am liking your new investigation tactics. I do hope you are town from what I'm see you are one of our best players right now.

You valiantly came to Elfen's defense (about his RVS/NoLynch post), trying to defuse whatever negative meaning his post may have had.
The scum buddies part was sarcasm, I just wanted to point out the fact that you tried to help him.
A quote would have been very help full. I didn't defend Elfen, but ask for him to clarify and made it clear I agreed his no lynch wasn't any good to the town. I wasn't one of the posters saying he was looked innocent.

Do you mean that I said I wasn't voting yet? I'm just not ready to vote. I am for RVS'ing, but I don't think that's necessary right now, in this particular situation. Perhaps 2 or 3 posts down, I will feel it is necessary.
No, what I said had nothing to do with you not voting. But this part--
I think there's a bunch of rando voting going on. It doesn't seem like RVSing, but in essence, most votes on a Day 1 ARE RVS'es, unless someone has a really bad slip-up. Reason being is because no one has real evidence yet.
It look like out of the blue you had issues with RVS, when before you were pro.

I'm not trying to pin anything on you, but investigate and figure you out. I have outright said my thoughts so you could respond and counter them freely.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Keyshe said:
It look like out of the blue you had issues with RVS, when before you were pro.

I'm not trying to pin anything on you, but investigate and figure you out. I have outright said my thoughts so you could respond and counter them freely.

Alright, I see. Another poor choice of words on my part.

ME said:
I think there's a bunch of rando voting going on. It doesn't seem like RVSing, but in essence, most votes on a Day 1 ARE RVS'es, unless someone has a really bad slip-up. Reason being is because no one has real evidence yet.

What I meant here: The votes that have been placed are pretty much random. But because they may come with some sort of an explanation, it doesn't appear random. Get what I'm saying?

I apologize for my poor wording. o_O

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Yes I do now, thankies. It might not have been your all fault, reading some one words is different then hearing them in person. I could easily been my misunderstanding.

My I ask your opinion on this Durion/Kybyrian business? I personally not sure what to think yet. On Durions side, I can understand his view point, and he takes the time to logically state them. But the biggest thing is he is talking about RVS, but not doing any investigation on the side. As Kybyrian put it bringing up no alternative. If he is against RVS, I wont hold it against him to not use them. But wouldn't it be best to scum hunt his way to both help the town, and show a good example of playing how he think is better? There is also the possibility Kybyrian is scum, I can't forget that. Or both are town.

Anyway there are inactives and a few who haven't posted yet. From experience mafia don't like to call attention to themselves. I would like if some more people post, in the case that all us active people are towns just going after our own throats. If you ARE town please post more inactives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom