• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Playing dumb, are we? You said in the sign up thread that you'd played before. >_>

Totes. I've never felt safe in a Mafia game while Baysiderulez is alive simply because she asks for essentially blind trust. I've always found this extremely dangerous. She's already shown that several people are already devoted to keeping her in the game, or at least they've somehow subconsciously deciding that she's town: a dangerous assumption to make.
Very true, her defender are almost proof. Someone might be scum, but there is a good chance at lest one of them are town. Axle is almost the same, both I worry about. Great players to have as town, but mafia they are hard to keep up with. How about myself last game, I was the Serial Killer, and some really trusted me and didn't want to vote for me. If Meego hadn't been the cop I might have passed by Day3 with little problem. The key word here is not to trust anyone 100%.

On this Zenox/Bay thing I'm trying to keep an open mind, as it's the first day. Zenox looks bad in his reaction, but Bay is acting just as she would as mafia or town. And she is good enough to use a town against themselves when they get flustered. I'm not sure he would as mafia try to take her out in a word battle... might be why he's backing off and acting agreeable with her. Right now it could go either way though.

@Bayside. I see, it was to Stallord. Jokes are fine with me :), though they can be misinterpreted. It helps poor literal Keyshe if its said so some times. I'll make a habit of asking when it doubt.

@Bayside. I see, it was to Stallord. Jokes are fine with me :), though they can be misinterpreted. It helps poor literal Keyshe if its said so some times. I'll make a habit of asking when it doubt.

Okay, obv I missed something. Someone explain, plz. It was very clearly about Illmatic and DracoMajora ... or at least from my perspective of things ... wha-?

EBWODP: OHHH! Damn, Jo. You really need to learn to start to quote people. You are very, very confusing.

Baysiderulez said:
I mean I know i'm Innocent, wouldn't it be wise of the mafia to protect me? In my death it would make them appear clean. The same tactic I used in Mafia 3 when I was the godmother... Just something to think about.

Simple. I think they are scum. If I died... and those 3 defended me. It would place them in the clear, why you guys went after those who voted for my lynching. It is the same tactic (as I've now said twice) that Kybyrian used in game 2 when he was the godfather (he protected me from all harm, warded off suspicion and when I was lynched it made him appear clean), and the tactic I used in Mafia 3 when I was the godmother (I was an avid defender of Linksbro, and every other townie that the town attempted to Lynch). It has proven to work, in game after game, because our minds aren't programed to think that those who may defend the innocent can be scum. Just like some of the greatest "scum hunters' can be mafia, even if they successfully give up one of their own to help us (hence MK9's tactic in Mafia 2 that ultimately gave him away to me). These activities give us something called pseudo-trust. We trust them because they have led us in the right direction, but they are only doing so to confuse us, and ultimately betray us.
While I do agree with your theory of mafia members defending people to make themselves look innocent, I don't think it applies here. I think you are jumping the gun. Zenox FoS'd you based only on this one sentence of yours:

So far Zenox and TheGreen seem super eager to get this game on the roll, could this be a scum tell? Its a little early to decide anything for sure... But I've got mine eyes on you two... (and the rest of ya'll for that matter).
And I thought his reasoning was dumb, as did many people. If he had made a good post full of analysis about why you are scum, and people started agreeing with him and there was a lot of heat on you, then it would make sense that mafia members would come to your defense to make themselves look innocent when you flipped town. This happens in every game. I did it in Round 2 when I was a member of the mafia, I would almost never bandwagon and would vote for someone I knew wouldn't get lynched. (The vigilante eventually caught on and nightkilled me) But in this case there wasn't even a vote cast for you, it was only Zenox who was suspicious of you, and not a single person agreed with him. So while I do agree with your theory about mafia members defending to make themselves look innocent, I don't think it applies in this situation.

Okay, obv I missed something. Someone explain, plz. It was very clearly about Illmatic and DracoMajora ... or at least from my perspective of things ... wha-?

EBWODP: OHHH! Damn, Jo. You really need to learn to start to quote people. You are very, very confusing.

I knew you'd get it ;) good job

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I knew you'd get it ;) good job

When you and Kesh both play mafia, there's a lot to get. You both confuse me deeply. It seems here people are throwing quotes back and forth, getting confused and putting words in people's mouth. XD I don't know where to go from here apart from I shall keep watching everyone.

The size of this game is making things a bit complicated. Not that I'm complaining, but there is even more information to consider then there usually would be. For the time being it seems to me that Zenox is playing a bit foolishly. I haven't time at the moment to quote him as I'm just going out, but he seems to be all over the place, and his arguments against Bay are quite foolish. Maybe he finds Bay suspicious but hasn't found anything stable to grab on to. Or perhaps his intentions are more sinister. Just so you know mate, I'm keeping an eye on you at the moment.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
The size of this game is making things a bit complicated. Not that I'm complaining, but there is even more information to consider then there usually would be. For the time being it seems to me that Zenox is playing a bit foolishly. I haven't time at the moment to quote him as I'm just going out, but he seems to be all over the place, and his arguments against Bay are quite foolish. Maybe he finds Bay suspicious but hasn't found anything stable to grab on to. Or perhaps his intentions are more sinister. Just so you know mate, I'm keeping an eye on you at the moment.

jdenicholls is right. The size is large and there's a lot to take in. In like one period of time I didn't post almost 2 pages had been generated and I found it really hard to catch up. I just have my eye on everyone really.

Don't let the size of the game deter you from voting when it becomes time... I honestly do think thats something people get hung up on here at ZD. "you cant vote unless you have hardcore evidence" well the only hardcore evidence you could possibly have is their role PM which happens to be illegal to use. So you are left using tidbits of intel you gather from here, that is easily misinterpreted or otherwise twisted to push for a lynch.

I need to re-read the OP, do we need a majority to lynch, or will the person with the most votes be lynched instead?

EBWODP: Just read it... If no majority is reached by the deadline, we will go into a no-lynch. Which means we need to make sure we know that that's what we want, or we need to get our act in gear to do what it takes to make sure it doesn't occur.

At the moment the most suspicious player to me is Zenox. He's all over the place with his accusations and analysis, and from reading the posts its obvious he has played the game before and even knows some of the players well. I gather he's been away for a bit which perhaps explains some of his mistakes, but even with that in mind some of his logic doesn't add up.

Zenox said:
You know, Jo. I really didn't think much of this list, but I think I'll bring it up.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?..._Finding_Mafia

Rule number 6: Mafia generally have more information than other players, so whoever picks up on tells/hints easiest is more likely to be mafia.

You seem very eager to jump at people to acuse them, and you instantly seemed to assume TheGreen and I had a tell, which would lead me to assume you have inside information = Mafia.

With that FOS: Baysiderulez

EBWODP: In addition, to remain neutral, you quickly say "It's too early to tell" to try and take the blame away from you, my guess. Just some more facts for the table.

Axle said:
Uh... huh... As empty as her statement about eagerness is, yours is equally empty. In what way does her statement imply having more information? Furthermore, how does it even count as picking up a tell, since for reasons stated above eagerness isn't a tell at all? You also cut out half the quote:

There are some notable exceptions. Experience and skill should be taken into consideration.

^ Which is obviously applicable to Jo given how many games she's played...

Zenox said:
Wow, I thought it was plainly obvious she was being eager, but I'd be happy to explain. First post of the game and has already acused two people. I wasn't really suprised that I was being acused, I expected that, but I really didn't get the impression that TheGreen was being eager at all, and more than certainly that doesn't make him scum. She seems quick to acuse, almost like she knows something we don't, but Axle brings up the very valid point that the article also brought up, so.

I'm just going to lower all suspicions of Jo for awhile until I have some real evidence, I guess.

Zenox said:
I knew that was there, but hadn't really thought it applicable, so considered it useless information. Now that Axle brings up the fact that you do indeed fall under that branch, I figured that he was right, so backed out. I had already said that, by the way. Backing out I don't think should be a good reason to think someone Mafia, unless they didn't back out with good reason.

So wait...you had to have Axle remind you that Bay is an experienced player? You have played with her in mafia, yes? If not then perhaps you have an excuse, but if you have (which I get the impression is the case), you are behaving in a very scummy manner indeed. You also flick attention on Ky for tenuous reasons and then seem to suggest that Bay is chief mafia. Which is...bizarre.

I suspect, given some of your other posts, that you will accuse me of misinterpretation. But I've pretty much just read it straight, that's the impression given off by it if you go back and follow the posts throughout. There are others who I have my suspicions of, but you are the most suspicious at the moment.

Also people, enough with the advice already :P. This ain't no beginners mafia

Kirino

Tatakae
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Baysiderulez
Personally I'm waiting... for a reply from Illmatic and DracoMajora.

Then perhaps it will be time to ready the gallows.[QUOTE/]

First of all, I wasn't defending you, I was being suspicious of Zenox, as I stated in my post. Second of alll, I was being suspicious of Zenox, because I though his accusations against you didn't make any sense.

Kybyrian

Alright... Minecraft has taken over my life at the moment. I've read through the posts but honestly I'm having trouble finding squat. Right now all that I see is Zenox, Jo, and various other people being stupid, especially Zenox. I don't want to jump and say Zenox is Mafia because Zenox is generally stupid. After all, I used him as a puppet in Mafia 2. The problem with Zenox is that he's quick to put trust in people and quick to turn around and start saying other crap.

Regardless,

IGMEOY

Also I guess the same for the rest of you people being stupid.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Wow. There's definitely been a lot of posting since the last time I was on. I don't really trust either Zenox or Bay yet, I'm not quite sure who I trust less. They both seem like they're acting weird, but it could just be Bay was trying to root out the Mafia with her early accusations, and Zenox took them literally. Nobody really jumps out as overly suspicious yet, so I'm going to withhold my accusations for the moment. I've pretty much got my eye on everybody at this stage.

I just realized I haven't posted in a few days >.> As of right now, Zenox is acting very strange. I've never played with him before so I'm not sure if that's how he generally plays or not. So I don't know if this is scumtell or a personality; either way it's something to watch on.

IGMEOY: Zenox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom