• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

FYI for those eyeing that countdown clock nervously, unless Vote Count 3 winds up being a surprising hammer, I am probably going to be forced to extend the Day. Too much stuff happening behind the scenes for me to resolve things in a timely manner, and players deserve a chance to react to things I haven't resolved yet before the Day suddenly ends.

Just be aware that if Vote Count 3 is not a hammer, the Day will be extended by 24 hours.

Here's an updated countdown to reflect that (which will become redundant if Vote Count 3 was a hammer, but whatever).

Last edited:

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Can you provide some context as to how you came to this conclusion?
I do not wish to share the exact details. Some of it was social and some of it was mechanical. I will honestly share that unfortunately the final mechanical proof of the theory had to be refined through process of elimination, which I've been doing extensive work in over the past cycle.

I'm at least 90% certain that it's Doc, and that it can be no one other than Doc. By this time in the next phase, I will either be dead and/or the Green Goblin aka Doc will be in jail. Several have been complaining about the lack of energy the town at large has towards voting. Here's your chance. I advise that you take it. I may have been ineffectual over this game, but I'm not oblivious and I'm not dumb. I understand the risks, and I'm taking them.

As for why I'm not advocating the death of such a threat beyond my loss condition, I'm not convinced that killing Doc will necessarily end the threat, given that he has a cult. I don't know what will happen if he dies. I want to put the Green Goblin where I can see him.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I guess the odds of arresting KoD are probably pretty low at this point and this seems like a potentially high value play too.

Unvote, Vote: Doc
Unvote, Vote: Doc

sorry doc

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I do not wish to share the exact details. Some of it was social and some of it was mechanical. I will honestly share that unfortunately the final mechanical proof of the theory had to be refined through process of elimination, which I've been doing extensive work in over the past cycle.

I'm at least 90% certain that it's Doc, and that it can be no one other than Doc. By this time in the next phase, I will either be dead and/or the Green Goblin aka Doc will be in jail. Several have been complaining about the lack of energy the town at large has towards voting. Here's your chance. I advise that you take it. I may have been ineffectual over this game, but I'm not oblivious and I'm not dumb. I understand the risks, and I'm taking them.

As for why I'm not advocating the death of such a threat beyond my loss condition, I'm not convinced that killing Doc will necessarily end the threat, given that he has a cult. I don't know what will happen if he dies. I want to put the Green Goblin where I can see him.
Are you worried that it'll have any negative effect on Peter Parker to lynch Doc if they are indeed in the game and are Spiderman?

I think Doc's role seems less likely to be anti-town but anyone could have randomly gotten a formula and had it explode in their face.

I'm a bit worried that if it's not him, we'll simply be down a town player, so I'm willing to vote him potentially if mafia holsters their kills tonight and if he flips town we are allowed to lynch within the mafia pool.

@Doc what do you have to say for yourself?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
even if we arrest a town player we can bail him out

ideally it will say if he's the GG when he's arrested, but if not the bail should be telling, as the GG has killed at least one person and probably at least two, probably in addition to some other crimes. If its unclear we can wait a day or two to see if the GG shows any signs of activities. At the very least, the GG doesn't seem like they'll be able to daykill without posting in thread so if they stop posting to try ot implicate doc we've still stopped them from daykilling.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Are you worried that it'll have any negative effect on Peter Parker to lynch Doc if they are indeed in the game and are Spiderman?

I think Doc's role seems less likely to be anti-town but anyone could have randomly gotten a formula and had it explode in their face.

I'm a bit worried that if it's not him, we'll simply be down a town player, so I'm willing to vote him potentially if mafia holsters their kills tonight and if he flips town we are allowed to lynch within the mafia pool.

@Doc what do you have to say for yourself?
I don't think I should answer that. Anything most of you can do, I can do better.

I don't know how it happened. It is what it is though.

If we're down a town player, I'll bail him out myself, if I can. I doubt there was going to be enough consensus to lynch anyone else anyway.

Ragnarokio

I'm assuming the torch doesn't want to share his information-gathering methods because it will act as a detriment to their effectiveness down the line if they're revealed.

This comes at the downside of us being unable to personally determine how accurate/reliable the information is, but is potentially worthwhile overall, particularly if said information-gathering methods are as powerful as the torch is advertising.

@The Human Torch If doc is the GG, but we don't end up arresting him, will you still die?

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
You all are of course free to act on your own discretion. I have pretty good reasons for doing the things I do though. There shouldn't be room for doubt. Do it, or don't do it. Let me act as a Superhero. Mistakes will be my own.

Don't worry about me. Everything is calculated. If I die it will the result of my own stupidity.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
You all are of course free to act on your own discretion. I have pretty good reasons for doing the things I do though. There shouldn't be room for doubt. Do it, or don't do it. Let me act as a Superhero. Mistakes will be my own.

Don't worry about me. Everything is calculated. If I die it will the result of my own stupidity.
And hotheadedness, but we knew that already

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
even if we arrest a town player we can bail him out

ideally it will say if he's the GG when he's arrested, but if not the bail should be telling, as the GG has killed at least one person and probably at least two, probably in addition to some other crimes. If its unclear we can wait a day or two to see if the GG shows any signs of activities. At the very least, the GG doesn't seem like they'll be able to daykill without posting in thread so if they stop posting to try ot implicate doc we've still stopped them from daykilling.
That actually isn't necessarily true. Some players (Ex for example) die when their threshold is reached (some might be exiled in such a case as well).

Ragnarokio

ex sort of lied about that, but you're right that there is some risk

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
ex sort of lied about that, but you're right that there is some risk
Did he? My article on him said that he would have been killed had we gotten him to his threshold (we didn't fact check it, but it's probably mechanically true unless he had abilities that conceal the truth from investigation, like KoD and Turin both seemed to have)

I have witnessed nothing in this game that indicates KoD has the ability to conceal himself from the truth.

Also I will not be moving my vote for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom