• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

I'm well aware that Fext has been more vocal on Ex being hostile compared to Caps; however, that doesn't mean that Caps isn't scummy. If it was as easy as scum always being the more vocal ones, then scum would get nailed every time. Heaven forbid they, you know, play it safe or something unheard of like that.
Right. But. You said he'd been one of the loudest on the subject, which he literally hadn't been, and that his approach wasn't worth differentiating from Fext's, which even if the conclusion ends up unchanged, it really is. If you think Caps is scummy for how he's been "playing it safe" you should've just said that?

I just think not differentiating between two people's very different approaches is unfair.

You must not have read my posts despite noting which ones were mine for Fext. I'm well aware that I haven't differentiated (in detail) the discussions surrounding cult and Ex wrt to Fext and Caps. That's why I mentioned it; however, as mentioned, I am aware enough of Fext being more vocal. Caps not being as vocal isn't indicative of being scum or town. For my own philosophy though, I'd tend to assume scum would let town do all the work: ie. Caps can be scum.

But great look misrepresenting my context: That is, thanks for making it seem like I'm intentionally not differentiating and trying to be unfair. Good on you.

You must not have read my posts despite noting which ones were mine for Fext. I'm well aware that I haven't differentiated (in detail) the discussions surrounding cult and Ex wrt to Fext and Caps. That's why I mentioned it; however, as mentioned, I am aware enough of Fext being more vocal. Caps not being as vocal isn't indicative of being scum or town. For my own philosophy though, I'd tend to assume scum would let town do all the work: ie. Caps can be scum.
Okay, I maybe misinterpreted the "not differentiating thing".
But. You literally said in your initial post that Caps was scummy for being among the loudest. "Caps scummy for soft pushing this while letting town do all the work" is fine and reasonable (not my take but it makes sense how one got that) but that is very much not what you said.

Fext
Caps

------

Everyone else

"Fext and Caps are the loudest wrt to Ex."

I don't see how that is inaccurate except in the most absolute of terms (which is nitpicky at best).

And my acknowledging Fext being louder cements my pov wrt to Caps.

So are you just being obtuse or what?

I don't see how that is inaccurate except in the most absolute of terms (which is nitpicky at best).
You said he was one of the loudest. Then I pointed out that he wasn't and you turned around and said part of the reason he was scummy was that he wasn't the loudest. Even if you acknowledged that Fext was more vocal, you still called Caps one of the loudest which outright contradicts your point about Caps being scummy for laying down and letting town do all the work.

You pointed out something factual incorrect. Like, what part of you not recognizing that I don't acknowledge what you're spewing?

Being one of the loudest is factually correct. Loudest? Pretty sure I noted, again, that Fext was more gun ho.

So yeah, you are being obtuse. Intentionally so it seems.

Being one of the loudest is factually correct. Loudest? Pretty sure I noted, again, that Fext was more gun ho.
Not really? Numbers has been louder on the subject, vocally calling Ex uncultable scum and his interaction with Numbers was the initial time he even acknowledged the issue, and I believe he hadn't even talked about it again until his recent post saying Ex being a 3p that's wincon requires the cult dead, and if that's pushing the "hostile Ex" narrative than I've also been louder than him on that front. I don't think anyone else has really done anything I'd consider pushing narrative by any sense, so Caps is literally the third loudest out of three (or fourth out of four), and by a pretty significant margin. And either way, calling him one of the loudest before calling him scum for not being super vocal about it is just weird.

you still called Caps one of the loudest which outright contradicts your point about Caps being scummy for laying down and letting town do all the work.

You're literally working in absolutes here just to hard defend Caps.

Caps doesn't have to be the apex powerwolf. He doesn't have to be the absolute loudest to be a part of saying Ex may be hostile.

Caps can be more subtle about it without absolute statements. This doesn't automatically take him out of the circle of being among the loudest.

Like, do you need a Venn Diagram portraying how those who don't view Ex as hostile is separate from those thinking he is/maybe? Because while Fext may be the absolute loudest, Caps is still among that. Your insistence otherwise is laughable.

And, again, though I made mention about playing safe (which I do believe scum will generally do), Caps can still be "among the loudest" while playing safe. Simply let someone else be louder.

Yes really. That doesn't change my statement's factualness at all.

Throw JD in there and Caps is still among the loudest. Just not the loudest (still).

We can be pedantic about this all day. It's not going to change my perspective on the matter no matter how much you try to twist it.

Not really? Numbers has been louder on the subject, vocally calling Ex uncultable scum and his interaction with Numbers was the initial time he even acknowledged the issue, and I believe he hadn't even talked about it again until his recent post saying Ex being a 3p that's wincon requires the cult dead, and if that's pushing the "hostile Ex" narrative than I've also been louder than him on that front. I don't think anyone else has really done anything I'd consider pushing narrative by any sense, so Caps is literally the third loudest out of three (or fourth out of four), and by a pretty significant margin. And either way, calling him one of the loudest before calling him scum for not being super vocal about it is just weird.

if I'm understanding this correctly KoD's point is that I engaged in discussion about the thing, even though I didn't necessarily do the thing. his argument is that i'm scum for pushing a narrative that one of Ex/Minish is scum because they both have roles that have to do with cult things, and that could be scum!me pushing a false narrative without being directly involved (i.e. not drawing attention to oneself). makes sense to me. and i did indeed engage with that discussion - not because i'm scum trying to push a false narrative, mind you - but because i didn't understand what Numbers was saying at the time and wanted to get more context

whether or not i have been vocal in wanting to off Ex (i haven't) it doesn't take away from the fact i engaged with people who might want to, and looked hedgy on the matter in the process. being "third loudest" or whatever doesn't conflict with KoD's argument

it's wrong, ofc, but it makes sense at least, idk the problem here, and idk why you feel the need to defend me so hard??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom