• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, but like I said, I didn't get an item during N2, the reason I mentioned that is because I should have gotten a random one by the hosts anyway

It's possible you were blocked. But I don't know if roleblocking would prevent you from receiving an item passively or not. It doesn't seem like it should, but I could also see that being the decision the hosts made.

Mikey is a decent town roleblock target if a town roleblocker doesn't have any scum leans or doesn't believe his miller claim. Though like I said, he did claim an upside to his role that we don't know if it is passive or not. I never took their claims as fact. I said in my post that they claimed to be those things so it's unlikely a town roleblocker would go for them. Which is true in a majority of cases. I don't have to accept that they are those roles as fact to believe that this early in the game a roleblocker would target elsewhere because of their claims.

If either of them are lying then they are claiming two of the more common passive roles, and such could easily be counter claimed if there are more passive roles in the game.

Yes, I detailed why a town claim of roleblocker to confirm blocked town wouldn't be a terrible thing. And if it's scumbuds covering for each other then they tie themselves together and thus if one is caught they both are. So catching two scum in one is still a positive.

You're completely ignoring that only town could take action N2. So since TRB cannot catch scum on their own without ignoring the existence of passive roles, TRB has no drive to target someone they scum read least they be wrong and interfere with town. A much better play for them is to holster so they don't interfere or target a passive so they can have an ability on record while also trying not to interfere. If their read is correct they aren't stopping an action anyways because that player cannot take action. This is valid for N2 and N2 alone.

If you feel miller is a common passive role what exactly do you feel is an uncommon passive role?

How are you going to catch them when you've already taken them out of your PoE by your own plan?

So I got the OK to give you more information about my role
I do have an alternative win con. To achieve it, I have to collect a total of 13 specific objects. I can my hands on these objects on multiple ways. I can target a player, I get a random one each night (or at least I should, I didn't get one N2), I get one if I'm fulfilling specific requirements while lynching and some get distributed by other actions that I can't influence (like Seanzie dying before D3).
If I get all these objects this will result in a game ending win! So far I have three items (this is based on the assumption that I already started with the one item related to my character), meaning there should be 10 left.
I am not actively working on achieving this wincon (tracker feel free to track me) but I thought you should be aware that this game basically has a timer

So you know definitively that you have 3? But I take it you don't know what they are since you're only assuming one was yours from the start?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I had a bit of a feeling this could be Raven's role, and good to see they said something about it. I'll try to post thoughts at lunch.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
You're completely ignoring that only town could take action N2. So since TRB cannot catch scum on their own without ignoring the existence of passive roles, TRB has no drive to target someone they scum read least they be wrong and interfere with town. A much better play for them is to holster so they don't interfere or target a passive so they can have an ability on record while also trying not to interfere. If their read is correct they aren't stopping an action anyways because that player cannot take action. This is valid for N2 and N2 alone.

If you feel miller is a common passive role what exactly do you feel is an uncommon passive role?

How are you going to catch them when you've already taken them out of your PoE by your own plan?

I'm not ignoring that. That was the whole basis behind the idea. A town roleblocker will target someone they scum read the next night anyways. If they're wrong about them it makes no difference if they target them n2 or the next night. Except for the fact it can possibly clear someone on n2. If their read is correct then they do no harm to town.

An uncommon passive role would be ascetic or vengeful.

Because there are other roles in the game who can possibly catch them in the lie. If two people are definitely tied together like that, then it's beneficial for certain roles to target one of them if they can find out if they were lying by doing so. A cop could check one, a tracker could follow one, if there was a watcher on one of them the same night they would know if they were lying or not. They wouldn't be out of PoE completely, but they could easily be confirmed by tying themselves together like that.

RavenRaziel98

Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!

So you know definitively that you have 3? But I take it you don't know what they are since you're only assuming one was yours from the start?
I assume that I have 3 because I assume that the hosts won't add my role/item to the pool just to have me target myself
I know what they are but I don't know who I got them from, except for Seanzies
Don't know if I'm allowed to specify the items via name or anything though

I have at least 2, that's 100% sure, but I assume that I have 3 for the reasons I just pointed out

RavenRaziel98

I want to correct something
I just read the chat with the host again and it actually was stated whose item I got besides Seanzies
And it could be a coincidence but it could've also been intended that I got CynicalSquids item

So for now I got the items of CynicalSquid, Seanzie and (probably) my own - I'll be able to answer that one for sure once I got a reply from the hosts

RavenRaziel98

so only of dead people?
This is the point I don't know yet, I don't wanna say yes until I know for sure, but given the hosts even told me that I can target/pillage corpses I don't wanna limit it to the items of the dead yet

RavenRaziel98

If it is tied to dead players that could at least explain why there hasn't been an item handed out during N2 I guess

a'lana

cotton candy
most to least suspicious

TGN -I feel like he gets treated more leniently than Libk does rn when I've felt that when TGN was here on D1 he was occasionally checking in but making no game related posts at all. I feel like Libk is now actually trying to contribute. I'm also inclined to listen to Neons meta read on him if she is the only person who knows him

Numbers -hasn't done much in terms of making reads today, only arguing about mech stuff with Minish

Libk -still in PoE but I'm glad he started solving

im having a hard time believing the scum team is just the three least active people though

Neon -I like her putting more focus on TGN but the 'one of Libk and TGN is scum' and one of Minish and exlight is scum'-post doesn't really say a lot. Why exactly ONE of TGN and libk? and why cant exlight and minish be TvT? Is she imply that Numbers is always scum?

Mikey -I thought his progression was weird re the saying he scumread Minish for EoD but then vanity wagoning me when Minish had one other vote against her but after his recent posts I no longer think it's scummy. He seems to care too little about how he is perceived in his reactions to me and others and think the 'oh I have what I need Minish you are no longer prime suspect-post seemed towny

Minish -I'm no longer as confident about my meta townread on her as I was on D1 but hasn't pinged me. I haven't agreed to all of her takes but this seems more like a difference in philosophy than it seems scummy

Exlight -want to townread the being first to bring items up and him denying a townread from asking host about kill

Killjoy -gut feeling says seems too unaware to be mafia

Raven -I'm against killing them, think claim is real and Raven has alraedy proven in a past game that they have an unselfish 3p helping town-meta

Ragnarokkio -self-explanatory. Not scum unless with exactly Neon and even that would be risky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom