• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Give me 4 to 5 Hours to get home and Settle, and you can all hear my Tin Hat Theory, get my reads List, and my plan to combat Mafia

I do think those are good points, and if Storm is stuck dying doing it sooner is likely better than later, as others have said; having the triple kill be used

In light of Storm's lack of response, I'd like to bring talk about some of the reactions to their lynch.

The lynch wasn't a great one, because they weren't around much, so we wouldn't learn much from it. But it wasn't a bad one either. Some people seem to have taken Storm surviving as indication that they're not mafia, though.

Storm is not a confirmed pinata. They are not a confirmed town. They are just a person who survived being lynched.

So here's what Storm had to say.

Essentially, dying is bad because it gives the mafia and SKs 3 kills apiece.
But they will die eventually. The question is just how soon.

But they respond to that with a strange, defeatist attitude. They revealed all the details of how they would die, in order to stop anyone from accidentally killing them, but gave up because they could be intentionally killed. They revealed how they would die, but refuse to reveal information about possible benefits of their death. They focus on a triple mafia kill, but refused to answer whether it would also triple cops. This is really suspicious to me.

Some of the responses to their lynch are strange, too.

These are examples of good analysis. They don't assume Storm's alignment, just discuss what possible outcomes of this information would be.

This feels like a weird position to take. It's oddly defensive of storm and seems to assume that they are town. Nothing Storm has done indicates that.

This is, again, very pro-Storm. Not because of anything they did to indicate that, but because they're worried about the consequences.

I don't think the role is alignment indicative, because killing a team-member for a triple kill action is pretty good for mafia. It means they can win at Majority-2 instead of at Majority, so long as their sacrificial lamb.

I'm not going to back off of Storm just because they survived or revealed their role. If they're giving up, we can make use of the triple actions and get a better read on the people that responded to their lynch.
I think this is all pretty good points; I do think they are most likely telling the truth about what their role is, simply because it makes the most sense, but you're right about the role not necessarily being AI.

The defeatist attitude kinda had me feeling like they were most likely town, and it might've been what lead others to the same assumption. But its something that can be faked so you make a really good point about people (myself included) being too charitable to Storm.

If they are telling the truth, I don't think they should be the main lynch for today. We can vote them four times throughout the day, and if that doesn't kill them then they'll be a proven liar (not sure if health damage would occur as soon as vote happens or not, so I'd wait till EoD to assume this); if it does, then we can focus on try to kill someone else to get more info out of the Day. I definitely agree with you and others that town will benefit from sooner rather than later; giving Mafia the triple kill while the most possible people are alive minimizes damage, and we get to make the most use of it as well.

I agree its weird he hasn't responded about how interacts with the cop, but to be fair, his PM might not specify whether it affects the items bought from the market. He should still be able to ask and confirm, but I don't think that's the worst thing all game.

Not scum: Dawning, PK, Cin Min, Rag, Storm, and Mint

Neutral: Jinjo, Numbers, Soul, Echo

Scum: Seanzie

Of those in the neutral pile, I'm willing to move my waifu up to town due to how they've approached me thus far in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that one of Soul, Echo, or Jinjo is scum. Gun to my head -- probably Jinjo.

Seanzie can and will be hard scum though.

Vote: Seanzie

My vote will live on you, Seanzie. Day will come and go, and I will pursue your lynch throughout all of it. May everyone else have mercy on you because I won't.

I am, more or less, aware of the topics at hand that have been discussed.

PK, despite his plan to hoard, doesn't strike me as scum. I'm willing to die on that hill.

Despite the interactions between the two, not only are PK/Cin Min never mafia together, they're both town. Both are being upfront and genuine in their posts as far as I am concerned after reading through them.

I am more prone to reading Numbers as town because why not? How Numbers reacts to me after will help calibrate my read of him as I've had a series of instances with him that have left me in the dust when Numbers has been mafia and sused me (although I guess one of them was 3p over on Wintreath, but still).

I know there was a clash Seanzie had with several people (Numbers being one) and that was noteworthy. Noteworthy in the sense that Seanzie, for his talk about suboptimal game play, sure knows how to call the pot black despite being a kettle.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This is, again, very pro-Storm. Not because of anything they did to indicate that, but because they're worried about the consequences.

I don't think the role is alignment indicative, because killing a team-member for a triple kill action is pretty good for mafia. It means they can win at Majority-2 instead of at Majority, so long as their sacrificial lamb.

How was that pro-Storm and not anti you? I even admitted that Storm could be mafia, but that it would suck for them to have that role on their team. Which it would, because if we assume that Storm is telling the truth about being a 3x multiplier, and we assume that applies to everything, then that can out scum just as easy with all of the town roles. So it could negate 3 kills.

I said your plan of them dying that night was bad because in the case that Storm is town then it kills two townies at night, and then the next lynch could also be town. Whereas we could just kill Storm today and that lessens one possible town death.

I think this is all pretty good points; I do think they are most likely telling the truth about what their role is, simply because it makes the most sense, but you're right about the role not necessarily being AI.

Tbh, Storm lies a lot about things he doesn't need to or just for no reason some times. That's why he's such a wildcard to play with.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It's kind of insulting that Seanzie said that if Numbers and I are town then town deserves to lose, and that he's just going to treat us like we don't exist. Maybe if you didn't have such a narrow, tunneled worldview you could see how the plan isn't anti-town. "Oh I want to lynch the host because I want to have fun with the game, but someone saying they're going to use a cop shot on the host who is targetable? That's the worst play I've ever seen and the people who disagree are so bad at the game that I'm just going to pretend they don't exist." Sounds real fun, huh?

This is a role madness game. And on top of that we can even buy extra roles. Acting like it's the end of the world to use a cop shot on the host who you were pushing to lynch without knowing the consequences when there are plenty of other investigative roles is so dramatic. Almost makes me think it's a play to try to look townie.

Storm

STORM'S LIST OF BADASS F*CKITUDE
  • Numbers-kind of laying low in my opinion
  • DawningWinds-The Merchant (i believe them to be third party as they seem impartial to the whole wealth thing and may well have another wincon)
  • Echolight-fell off the face of the earth, or perhaps thought night posts were not a thing
  • Jinjo-seems to be poking DW about being potential scum, I do not feel DW is scum
  • KoD-Seems to be out for blood according to our only real back and forth earlier in the day when KoD bought the things. a, did they use the thing, and b, what did they find?
  • Laurentus-Synesthete (color watcher)
  • Minish- floating out of view. typical Min Scumtell. keep a close eye
  • Mintish-like what's your deal? do you really want 48 hour nights, 120 hour days, and no hammer rules? they are DLC, and Exlight Arts is seeling it for 7 votes for it
  • PK-more of a neutral lean in my eyes
  • Rag-trying to incriminate me by going "dont touch my boy because you'll be next
  • Seanzie-I bet you have the Lost Woulds theme so you cant see that youre being a bit much
  • Soul-fell off the face of the earth
  • Storm-Pinata (Dirty Whore [thats what Im calling it if it is the opposite of a Princess])

PK said:
They focus on a triple mafia kill, but refused to answer whether it would also triple cops. This is really suspicious to me
just so we are clear, with my death the next night will allow
  • Triple Mafia Night Kill
  • Triple Serial Killer Kill
  • Triple Cop
  • Triple Watcher
  • Triple Commuter
  • Triple Doctor
  • Triple Vigilante Kill
  • Triple Investigation
  • Triple Janitor
  • Triple Vanillizer
  • Triple Buck
  • Triple Fruit Vendor
  • Triple Bodyguard
  • Triple Cult Recruitment
  • Triple JOAT
  • Triple Poisoner
  • Triple Roleblock
  • Triple Bartender
PK said:
I know you're upset about being voted on yesterday, but what is your plan as a pinata? When do you think would be the best time for you to triple all actions? I lean towards sooner rather than later, so we have more helpful actions to use, but I'm curious to know what you think.

I mean... I could commit seppuku now. I think the day would end and then you'd get to triple whatever you got

my plan is to try to survive long enough to make easy work of scum.

and it's 6HP
only 3 votes to kill me. all game. literally on 1 and a half hearts. and i do not know if a Health Potion is in the cards, or part of DW's Catalog

How was that pro-Storm and not anti you? I even admitted that Storm could be mafia, but that it would suck for them to have that role on their team. Which it would, because if we assume that Storm is telling the truth about being a 3x multiplier, and we assume that applies to everything, then that can out scum just as easy with all of the town roles. So it could negate 3 kills.

I said your plan of them dying that night was bad because in the case that Storm is town then it kills two townies at night, and then the next lynch could also be town. Whereas we could just kill Storm today and that lessens one possible town death.
Oh, I see. I misread that entirely. You weren't assuming Storm's alignment. Them dying during the day slows down the rate at which people die, which is probably a good thing. My apologies.

STORM'S LIST OF BADASS F*CKITUDE
  • Numbers-kind of laying low in my opinion
  • DawningWinds-The Merchant (i believe them to be third party as they seem impartial to the whole wealth thing and may well have another wincon)
  • Echolight-fell off the face of the earth, or perhaps thought night posts were not a thing
  • Jinjo-seems to be poking DW about being potential scum, I do not feel DW is scum
  • KoD-Seems to be out for blood according to our only real back and forth earlier in the day when KoD bought the things. a, did they use the thing, and b, what did they find?
  • Laurentus-Synesthete (color watcher)
  • Minish- floating out of view. typical Min Scumtell. keep a close eye
  • Mintish-like what's your deal? do you really want 48 hour nights, 120 hour days, and no hammer rules? they are DLC, and Exlight Arts is seeling it for 7 votes for it
  • PK-more of a neutral lean in my eyes
  • Rag-trying to incriminate me by going "dont touch my boy because you'll be next
  • Seanzie-I bet you have the Lost Woulds theme so you cant see that youre being a bit much
  • Soul-fell off the face of the earth
  • Storm-Pinata (Dirty Whore [thats what Im calling it if it is the opposite of a Princess])

just so we are clear, with my death the next night will allow
  • Triple Mafia Night Kill
  • Triple Serial Killer Kill
  • Triple Cop
  • Triple Watcher
  • Triple Commuter
  • Triple Doctor
  • Triple Vigilante Kill
  • Triple Investigation
  • Triple Janitor
  • Triple Vanillizer
  • Triple Buck
  • Triple Fruit Vendor
  • Triple Bodyguard
  • Triple Cult Recruitment
  • Triple JOAT
  • Triple Poisoner
  • Triple Roleblock
  • Triple Bartender

I mean... I could commit seppuku now. I think the day would end and then you'd get to triple whatever you got

my plan is to try to survive long enough to make easy work of scum.

and it's 6HP
only 3 votes to kill me. all game. literally on 1 and a half hearts. and i do not know if a Health Potion is in the cards, or part of DW's Catalog
Ah, thank you very much! I appreciate the clarification on which roles will be impacted. I think items will be affected too, since they have the same ability names, but do you know for sure if that's correct?

What do you mean by, "to try to survive long enough to make easy work of scum?" And at what point do you think town would be best served by your power? Because I can see an argument for town collecting useful items and using them all when you die, but we don't really know who will end up with those items, so it could backfire if mafia is quick to buy things. Could you elaborate on that?

Storm

What do you mean by, "to try to survive long enough to make easy work of scum?" And at what point do you think town would be best served by your power?
i mean if scum was outed, we could lynch the godfather, then any killing roles can triple kill the mafia. but we dont have any scum out in the open right now

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Also, just so everyone is aware, Storm's list of roles should not be taken at face value. It includes The Buck, which is a role that Storm made and uses for all of his mafia games. You can check this fact by looking at any of the games he has hosted here.

Roles in this game may not be alignment indicative, the puppeteer could easily be either.

Ahh, ok.

That makes things a bit harder...

Does that mean it's ok for me to say who I think it is? Or would it be bad to give Mafia the info in case they are Town?

First it was "crazy, but smart" and now its "ugly"? Can you please explain why you shifted your stance on that play?

I did indicate prior to that that I'd prefer a PK lynch over a Storm lynch. So Numbers voting PK and making that an actual option is why I moved; its not my fault Numbers' PK vote happened so closed to the EoD.

Yes ^_^.

Crazy but smart for you but it's ugly because it's a stealthy move. I believe that you are villager who I do not blame for wanting money to win in case Mafia get the advantage near the end. It matches with who you claim to be so it makes sense that you would act that way.

If we don't trust Numbers (which I don't), having the whole game input on telling them to use their role on a specific person is the best way to force them to help town. They lie about who they target? Well there's a tracker for sale tomorrow that could well catch them, might not wanna do that (relatedly, I don't think whoever buys the tracker tomorrow should out until they've used it; WIFOM Numbers and anyone else who might be planning to lie about where they go into telling the truth and not give Mafia as much chance to use any of their presumably tripled nightkills on the tracker buyer). They lie about their results? If we mislynch as a result of it, that'll out them as scum; if they lie about their teammate being town it'll be harder to prove, but a town result from someone people don't really trust should generally be taken to not indicate much unless we get proof of Numbers' towniness later, at which point they stop being someone we don't trust so...

Well... I thought this went without saying ^^;, but a revealing role can also be used on the individual's eyes of who the most suspicious person is. This is why I don't like Sneazie saying that it has to be used on somebody who is close to majority votes... I do not believe there is written rule that it is the best rule, which is what made me think what Sneazie said is very bossy.

Hope this answers your questions too @Sneazie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom