• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats Missing from Majora's Mask? Ocarina of Time?

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum,
The Seventh Hierarch here,
We all know that MM and Oot revolutionized zelda's gameplay and reset the standards for gaming, but whats missing? What would you have liked the game makers to add that they didn't?

:triforce: Don't forget to post!!! :P :triforce:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, in Ocarina, they could've made Morpha the miniboss, and Dark Link the boss-boss of the Water Temple. That is more editing than adding, though. What they could have added was a bit more music, I think. And maybe a LITTLE bit more difficulty in the Spirit Temple.

In Majora's Mask, they could've added more dungeons, and maybe made some of the sidequests turn into quest-quests, if that makes sense.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
In Majoras Mask, they could've eased up on the side-quests, and the Masks. I mean, usually if you are going to collect a mask, It should have some part in the game. But 2/4 of the masks were useless and you never used it. :shake:

Edit; I am not talking about the Boss Masks.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I agree, It would have been really neat if they incorporated the boss masks as real usable ones for something, or the medallions as c- button spells, definatly would have given another element to the games.

:triforce: Thanks for commenting! :triforce:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Oh definatly, like in the plot developement, at first I didn't even expect them to look like what they did, the game very vaguely described the giants, however, it did keep them very mysterious on the other hand.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I definatly agree, on too few dungeons, however, link being turned into a Deku, I think was pure cool.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierach :triforce:

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Majora's Mask lacked the story depth that Ocarina of Time had, however Ocarina of Time had less actual gameplay and side quests than MM.

Both are amazing games, but for some reason, they seem to capitalize on the others' weaknesses.

OoT lacks the characters that MM had. The characters were way better in MM, mainly in development and actual use. OoT also doesn't have the difficulty that MM had, despite the fact that there were way more dungeons in OoT. Same could be said for sidequests really, but that depends on whether or not you think sidequests in trade for main quest is good or not.

MM's story wasn't as compelling as OoT's, since OoT focused on the main stream characters, ans was overall deeper than what I thought MM had (definitely not as emotional, though). Length is also an issue I think, with dungeons being sacrificed for sidequests. And even though the masks were all ultimately useful, I think that if technology had been better, they all could've been used better.

But all of this is completely minor. Both are still AAA titles, with almost nothing wrong with either of them.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, there's a lot of stuff missing from both games. This doesn't mean I hate either one, they're both amazing games, but there's a lot of stuff that could've made the games better.​

Ocarina of Time

Difficulty, plain and simple. OoT was a joke in terms of difficulty if you ask me. The only way to die on an enemy or boss is to actually try to die. Not to mention, not only are fairies the ultimate way to break the game (one bottled fairy revives you if you die, not that you'd even need it, and with full hearts) AND they're a dime a dozen. Also, the puzzles were creative, but surprisingly easy. After all, who can argue that the twisting corridors of the Forest Temple were uncreative? Were they easy? Heck yes.​

Also, the story lacked compelling characters. Even the main characters of the game, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link were uncompelling. Zelda was just a princess that you only saw a few times who, admittedly, disguised herself as Shiek and that was a big shocker, but that's the most compelling they get. Not to mention, Ganondorf was as cliche'd as you can get with villains. He wants to rule the world, but there's no real motive which sucks. At least they changed that in WW and actually did him right, but that's getting off topic. And Link was just Link. The only interesting thing about him was his origins, which admittedly were pretty shocking and cool.​

Exploration too. Exploration was missing in OoT and really that's my biggest gripe for the game. Exploration is what Zelda is supposed to be all about, finding secrets and stuff along the way to your main destination. That's one of the funnest things about the original LoZ, finding secrets along the way of your main quest. But no, OoT completely removed the exploration and made the entire overworld a hub, and that's the biggest thing OoT did that I hate.​

Majora's Mask

Exploration for the same reasons as in OoT.​

Difficulty. MM was a little harder than OoT, but not by much. The dungeons were a little more challenging, but still absolutely pathetic. One exception being the Stone Tower Temple (God that place was tough). The bosses were also a tiny bit tougher, but they were still pathetic. Odalwa was just time consuming, not hard, Goht was time consuming, not hard, Gyorg was just plain pathetic, and Twinmold was just plain time consuming. Even the final boss was a joke (not to say that Ganondorf and Ganon from OoT were jokes either). Majora's Mask was plain easy, just spin attack him as he comes near you, shoot him with a Light Arrow, repeat until the remains masks come off the wall and start attacking you, and then kill those. And Majora's Incarnation... let me just say, I've swatted flies harder to kill than that guy (okay, maybe I was exaggerating a little). But he didn't hit me once, heck I don't even know if he was programmed with any form of attack in that stage. And Majora's Wrath didn't hit me once.​

A more in depth main plot. While the main plot of MM is decent, and had a very shocking twist near the end *spoilers* with the Skull Kid being friends of the Giants *spoilers* but they really could've done the main plot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom