• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
nah that's just me being weird about methods, i barely ever shade with the opacity down and when i do you can see what happens lmao

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
All these words remind me I'm not cut out for this art thing lol
At least the term opacity has more to do with physics than arts.
Opacity is related to how much something lets light pass through/transparency.
like a sheet of metal is opaque, a sheet of paper is semi-opaque, and a sheet of glass is not opaque (clear).

In art they usually make parts that are a highlight/shade with a solid color in another layer and then mess with its opacity to kinda control how to blend it with the base color accordingly.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
In art they usually make parts that are a highlight/shade with a solid color in another layer and then mess with its opacity to kinda control how to blend it with the base color accordingly.
Yeah I just smeared bright purple everywhere then turned the opacity down a bit to make it lighter/see through

But I'll probably go back and shade normally cause apparently the opacity thing doesn't always translate well across devices

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
At least the term opacity has more to do with physics than arts.
Opacity is related to how much something lets light pass through/transparency.
like a sheet of metal is opaque, a sheet of paper is semi-opaque, and a sheet of glass is not opaque (clear).

I wasn't serious but ok.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
E_xAvZGXMAE1bx6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom