• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf?

Should there be ganondorf in Skyward sword or are we ready for a change?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Cameronx49

Should there be ganondorf in Skyward sword or are we ready for a change?

Rofang

Person
No, and I'm not even sure how much more time has to elapse before I'd want to see him again. I think he's been run into the ground.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I really hope not.
And he better not make a surprise guest appearance half way through the game like in TP. >__> That was slightly infuriating and unnecessary.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Not as we know him. I wouldn't mind the current Gerudo king being named Ganondorf or even if he's the leader of the evil forces, as long as they don't mention Ganon at all. But I'd prefer it if they created a new villain.

This will not happen. Ganondorf is introduced in Ocarina of Time, so how could he be in a game pre-dating it? You might say that they can apparently live for a long time, however, if Ganondorf had done anything pre-OoT that was disastrous to Hyrule, there's no way that the King would have won his favor in OoT. That is the main reason why OoT stands as the first actual attempt that Ganondorf has made at taking over Hyrule.

Alternatively, you could subscribe to the theory that Ganon himself is an evil spirit that enhabits Ganondorf's body, as in the two are separate beings. However, this has never yet been proven and I don't consider it a very important thing to make my opinion just to wish that Ganon is in the game. I'll simply play it safe, go with what makes sense so far, and say that Ganon/dorf will be no where in Skyward Sword.

I like to think this as correct. Not only do I not want Ganondorf to return in this title, but I also highly doubt he will. If he does, it will make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

S

ScottyMcGee

Supposedly if this story takes place really early, he should not be there. I'm interested in any other villain ideas Nintendo has conjured up. Neither do I want Vaati. It would be cool though to reference him or prophecize something that takes place in another game.

D

dsp2000

I say yes. Ganondorf is like Bowser to me. Bowser is the bad guy in nearly 95% of the Mario games but do I get sick of him, NOPE. I mean I expect Bowser to be the bad guy, and even when he isn't the bad guy I like that he plays a part in the game in most instances. I want Ganondorf to be in the game, whether or not he's the main bad guy or not. I think it might be cool to see how Ganondorf comes to be, even if that means he doesn't end up as the final boss. If Ganondorf doesn't appear in the game, I want him to at least be mentioned (although i don't know how they coudl accopmlish that). My worry is that we'll get a new boss that will be lame or something, at least with Ganondorf we know what to expect.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
at least with Ganondorf we know what to expect.

That's my worry. I don't want to know how the final battle with Ganondorf is going to be, or how to kill him. I don't want to know that he captures Princess Zelda (AGAIN) and I have to go and save her from him. I want a completely new and unexpected villain who is a total badass. Ganondorf has been overused, in my opinion. Adding him into SS would make the game feel stale and repetitive, and that factor alone would probably make me hate the game. Ganon needs to sit it out on this one and let somebody else step up to the plate (along with an oh so nice visit from Dark Link :3 he should be in the game too).

C

Cameronx49

That's my worry. I don't want to know how the final battle with Ganondorf is going to be, or how to kill him. I don't want to know that he captures Princess Zelda (AGAIN) and I have to go and save her from him. I want a completely new and unexpected villain who is a total badass. Ganondorf has been overused, in my opinion. Adding him into SS would make the game feel stale and repetitive, and that factor alone would probably make me hate the game. Ganon needs to sit it out on this one and let somebody else step up to the plate (along with an oh so nice visit from Dark Link :3 he should be in the game too).

Exactly im the same, with ganondorf its too repetative we, need a new villain

Z

Zenu

I want a new villain that is more evil than Ganondorf. Somebody that uses many different items but none of the ones Link has except a sword and uses them in an insane manner like throwing a double bitted axe with a chain attached.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I want a new villain that is more evil than Ganondorf. Somebody that uses many different items but none of the ones Link has except a sword and uses them in an insane manner like throwing a double bitted axe with a chain attached.

That sounds totally awesome! :D

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
heh, hes been in 3 games already, give the old guy a break (plus if theories are correct, he wont have even been born yet in SS)

D

dsp2000

But I think thats something that can easily be fixed. I mean if this is truly going to be an origin's story, maybe we can see the "origin" of Ganondorf. Also, all the developers have to do is change the battle style of Ganondorf. I mean, I agree the battle with him is almost always the same in any game. But if they could just come up with a new way that he fights. Also, just give him in another plot in the story other than capturing Zelda. To me, Zelda-Link-Ganondorf MAKE the game. They've all played an integral part in the series. Thats why I want Ganondorf to be in the game, even if he isn't the main boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom