• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Comes First.

In one of the numerous interviews and comments they've given us now, somewhere I believe Miyamoto, although it might have been Aonuma said that the item the Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword, so this is the story of how the Master Sword was created. With that, it has to be at the beginning of the timeline, or at least very close.

Minish Cap is said to be the first, and I don't see any conflicts with it being the first game, although one of my theories is that the land below Skyloft or whatever is the un-united Hyrule and that the land hasn't been established as Hyrule yet, which would make it the very first, before Minish Cap, but for now, there's no information to go on.

But it has been confirmed that Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword which means it has to at least precede Ocarina of Time.

(Excuse this thread if it is a duplicate. I couldn't find another thread of the same topic, which surprised me)

Ooccoo Watcher

Some guy with a Clawshot.
Well, I would tend to agree with you. My theory is that you start the game out on skyloft. Then you get your regular sword and do the first 3 dungeons on somewhere on skyloft. You prove your worth somehow doing these three dungeons and get the skyward sword on skyloft. Then you go down to hyrule using the skyward sword and do 6 more dungeons, while doing sidequests that pertain like the light word/dark world hyrule like ALttP. Then at the end of the game the skyward sword somehow gets renamed the master sword and you go defeat :ganondorf: with it.

Minish Cap is said to be the first, and I don't see any conflicts with it being the first game, although one of my theories is that the land below Skyloft or whatever is the un-united Hyrule and that the land hasn't been established as Hyrule yet, which would make it the very first, before Minish Cap, but for now, there's no information to go on.

They actually did mention the land during the press conference and referred to it as Hyrule. They didn't make it a note to say "Oh yes, Hyrule is definitely in this game", but it was more or less like Miyamoto saying, "I want the player to feel as if they themself are adventuring through Hyrule". With that, I would say that its pretty safe to assume that the land is already established. And about the un-united Hyrule, that is possible. I believe, though, that the only time we have known Hyrule to be divided is during LoZ/AoL, in which most cases those come towards the end of the timeline.

But it has been confirmed that Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword which means it has to at least precede Ocarina of Time.

Correct, which means that in my opinion...

Then at the end of the game the skyward sword somehow gets renamed the master sword and you go defeat :ganondorf: with it.

This will not happen. Ganondorf is introduced in Ocarina of Time, so how could he be in a game pre-dating it? You might say that they can apparently live for a long time, however, if Ganondorf had done anything pre-OoT that was disastrous to Hyrule, there's no way that the King would have won his favor in OoT. That is the main reason why OoT stands as the first actual attempt that Ganondorf has made at taking over Hyrule.

Alternatively, you could subscribe to the theory that Ganon himself is an evil spirit that enhabits Ganondorf's body, as in the two are separate beings. However, this has never yet been proven and I don't consider it a very important thing to make my opinion just to wish that Ganon is in the game. I'll simply play it safe, go with what makes sense so far, and say that Ganon/dorf will be no where in Skyward Sword.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
if this is true, where do LoZ and AoL take part in the timeline. they have no real connection with the MS. the first game to like have it was alttp

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
I think LoZ and AOL come first cause you dont see any gorons or zoras and you dont get a master sword, then skyward sword comes its when skyloft and hyrule unite also that there is a master sword, then MC because in the begining i think it says a hero from the sky comes and defeats the monsters and stuff.

So LoZ>AoL>SS> and MC

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
minish cap is said to be the first, and i don't see any conflicts with it being the first game, although one of my theories is that the land below skyloft or whatever is the un-united hyrule and that the land hasn't been established as hyrule yet, which would make it the very first, before minish cap, but for now, there's no information to go on.
(excuse this thread if it is a duplicate. I couldn't find another thread of the same topic, which surprised me)

oh my gosh minish cap does not come 1st!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And your proof is where? I don't think MC comes 1st anyway, even before the SS stuff comes into play. OoT is first IMO, but I have no way to back it up, and I do recall reading somewhere that Aonuma confirmed it to be first (conflicting ideas OMG!). If SS is first, I'd like to see the Picori and the Light Force. If they don't appear, MC isn't 1st, or even SECOND in the timeline.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Try looking up The Split Timeline Theory (HD) by Ocarinahero10 on YouTube.
I know it has a couple flaws, but for the most part, it's pretty accurate.

M

masterswordlink

i agree with that this game will be first since we might learn origins of the master sword. Along with that we finally may learn why and how the master sword was sealed.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

Interestingly enough, the information given so far for Skyward Sword wouldn't affect those who place MC first at all. The knowledge that the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword places the game before OoT, but the Master Sword makes no appearance, reference, cameo and isn't given any reference to it in MC, thus MC is not affected at all by the knowledge that we have so far for Skyward Sword.

For those of you who do place MC first (like myself), you can rest easy knowing that so far, it's placement is not at all affected at the moment.

Z

ZodiacDragon101

I personally have watched ocarinahero's timeline video, and though I like and think that there is some truth to some of the stuff he says, I disagree with him about MC not being first in the timeline. He didn't seem to give proof that it wasn't first. He just placed it elsewhere and said that the Picori Sword and the Master Sword were the same, which I disagree with.

F

FierceDeityLink

Skyward Sword Would have to be first in the time line. Because it starts of with Link living in the clouds. Link going to Hyrule saving it. And everyone but the Ooccoos going down to Hyrule staying there and living there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom