• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I already addressed that your read of me D1 was implicitly meta, you msy not have said it, but it was clesrly the underlying factor in your reasoning for suspecting me. You can deny it all you want.
You have literally no basis for thinking this though, which is the part that bothers me. It's a baseless assumption. I clearly explained what it was that I found scummy about you. You can think what you want but you literally have no reason to.

Anyway here's the post in which I addressed it.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 3 (Ragnarokio, Kirino, Funnygurl555)
DekuNut - 1 (Mellow Ezlo)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Morbid Minish, Jinjo, Rubik)
Rubik - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)
Poyzin - 2 (CynicalSquid, MixMasterLar)

Not voting - Spiritual Mask Salesman, DekuNut, Poyzin, Silverfish

Extension - 1 (Rubik)

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, June 17th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You have literally no basis for thinking this though, which is the part that bothers me. It's a baseless assumption. I clearly explained what it was that I found scummy about you. You can think what you want but you literally have no reason to.

Anyway here's the post in which I addressed it.
I don't see how it's so hard to see where I'm coming from on this. You found my barebones reads lackluster, and why did you think they were lackluster? Because: "I know you can do more than this." I.e., it's scummy from me considering it was in your opinion a barebones D1 reads list from me, and you felt from me I could do better. There were some people who were active and had no reads at that time, some active players had reads and had less reads than me, Rag even admitted that at some point D1. You singled me out for some reason. Reading into it leads me to the conclusion that it was a meta read on me, with all that considered. It's not baseless, it's a perfectly natural deduction.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Every time I try to retire from mafia people keep coming back and pressuring me to play again. I love the game, but I can't focus on it any more... especially not in a game this active.
Sorry @Pen . I'd love to play, but SMS is right. This game needs a more active player than me.

Pen

The game is on!
Every time I try to retire from mafia people keep coming back and pressuring me to play again. I love the game, but I can't focus on it any more... especially not in a game this active.
Sorry @Pen . I'd love to play, but SMS is right. This game needs a more active player than me.

I understand. I will start looking for a replacement right away! If anybody know anyone who might be interested in joining, please send them my way! It can be pretty hard to find replacements by myself sometimes. :sweat:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't see how it's so hard to see where I'm coming from on this. You found my barebones reads lackluster, and why did you think they were lackluster? Because: "I know you can do more than this." I.e., it's scummy from me considering it was in your opinion a barebones D1 reads list from me, and you felt from me I could do better. There were some people who were active and had no reads at that time, some active players had reads and had less reads than me, Rag even admitted that at some point D1. You singled me out for some reason. Reading into it leads me to the conclusion that it was a meta read on me, with all that considered. It's not baseless, it's a perfectly natural deduction.
I've explained this. You went through the effort of posting a reads list but your reads were incredibly mediocre. Just looked at the time like you were trying to come up with some kind of way to look like you're contributing. I'm not even the only one that saw it that way. I've said several times it looked fake, it wasn't just the fact that you didn't have many reads.

Stop with this nonsense, I've made it damn clear that my read on you was not based on meta. It baffles me that you continue to exercise this with no real reason to, and it's annoying.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Anyway SMS if you continue to think that way I'm going to stop responding to that point, it's clearly getting nowhere and you're being too stubborn to listen and instead are just sticking with your baseless accusation.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've explained this. You went through the effort of posting a reads list but your reads were incredibly mediocre. Just looked at the time like you were trying to come up with some kind of way to look like you're contributing. I'm not even the only one that saw it that way. I've said several times it looked fake, it wasn't just the fact that you didn't have many reads.

Stop with this nonsense, I've made it damn clear that my read on you was not based on meta. It baffles me that you continue to exercise this with no real reason to, and it's annoying.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe you didn't intend it to be meta but it it looks that way.

Anyway SMS if you continue to think that way I'm going to stop responding to that point, it's clearly getting nowhere and you're being too stubborn to listen and instead are just sticking with your baseless accusation.
This is for the best.

funnier6

Courage~
I know I said I probably wouldn't care about whatever reasons you had to clear him but we're at the point where I would really appriciate it if you walked me step by step through the process of you clearing him
I pretty much always read him as guilty until proven innocent since he's extremely slick as scum. 9/10 you're just never going to have any sort of evidence against him because he likes to be so blasted reasonable. Anyway, he was there because I didnt like how all his posts were one liners talking about mechanics and basic mafia strategy instead of literally anything remotely helpfu
All right lets try to do this

First of all I havent cleared him, there's a possibility that he's scum, it's just super low for me.

I'm just gonna lay it out as best I can but as you expected it's a lot of stuff that has meaning to me and pretty much definitely not you but why not.

You're right, Rubik is generally a really good player reliable, on top of things, DOING THINGS but this is not always the case. Sometimes it has to do with his role, like if he's survivor or cop he generally tries to stay under the radar for survival reasons. Or he could be Innocent Child and do DIDDLY SQUAT all game because thats just how he felt that day. There are multiple games where Rube underachieved as town but really only one scum game where I can say he was pretty ineffectual and posted a lot of fluff and that was during the the crossover last year where literally no one knew their alignment the entire first day. I havent glanced at that one in a long time but he didnt try very hard. Normally what I tend to expect from scum Rube is more logical sensible pushes and a focus on mechanics. Like when he's scum he likes to talk about mechanics cause its easy and use them to make his pushes like when he tried his best to get Pen the PGO lynched in TIDKAM. Playing badly isnt in his scum wheelhouse, he doesnt like taking risks, he doesn't get lynched, and he's always chill. Idk where this is gonna take me but I'm just giving the long version.

The way he's played has looked a lot more like town paranoid as all heck Rubik. Rubik who thinks he sees scum tells in the behavior of sun and yourself and makes a lot of mental notes about it but doesnt want to push it today. And lemme break from that and tell you this boi does not know how to get the lynches he wants. THIS DUDE has sat on a red check all day and NEVER SAID ANYTHING just kept voting there all day wondering why he's not getting them lynched. (the dude he didnt get lynched was sunfan btw) Thats a rather extreme example which I imagine (hope) would never happen again but the point is dude never thinks he can lynch anybody, its not lack of charisma so much as lack of moxie to rally people to vote there with him. If he was actually scum I see no reason why he would blatantly scum read two strong nigh unlynchable players (RIP sunfan) for no concrete reason to get absolutely nothing in return.

I may be wrong, but I cant remember Rube ever once softing ANYTHING as scum before, he may have in Moe's game which I'm not counting cause I was scum with him and prolly influenced him. Him coming in here and saying "I'm mechanically confirmed town" would be the most tableflip moment in history if he was scum cause that goes against basically everything I know about him. He would have to be berserking for me to believe he would ever do that as scum, its so risky its so uncalculated its so haha I randomly decided to this oops now what that no that never happens thats not true.

I cant recall further at present but please present the rest of your case if I missed anything and I will launch my counter

Next up: 10k words on why lynching sms is stupid

funnier6

Courage~
I'd be pretty impressed with myself if I were scum this game.
Okay but like, why
I'm not, afaik.

Vote: Extension
And why extension...
funnier switches his vote to me and I started thinking scum started out with the most votes early in day 1. funnier's vote switch to me sheeping Rag made me think scum are trying to coordinate votes
Okay but like, why would we care about coordinating votes
This is an easy target to lynch for scum to save funnier from getting lynched.
Idk why you seem to think I was a viable candidate to be lynched. Minish was voting me for pressure at the very worst since she never plans to lynch me day one and I know Trist put a pressure vote there for a bit but I think you're greatly overestimating things if you thought that meant I needed to be saved. No one really had any intent to lynch me

Welp it do be late somehow and I have not posted nearly the amount that I would've liked but there's still tomorrow I guess

Super annoying when I already feel like I'm putting a ton of work into being here 24/7 and it just isn't enough

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Funnier going full Saint Peter with the 3s

All right lets try to do this

First of all I havent cleared him, there's a possibility that he's scum, it's just super low for me.

I'm just gonna lay it out as best I can but as you expected it's a lot of stuff that has meaning to me and pretty much definitely not you but why not.

You're right, Rubik is generally a really good player reliable, on top of things, DOING THINGS but this is not always the case. Sometimes it has to do with his role, like if he's survivor or cop he generally tries to stay under the radar for survival reasons. Or he could be Innocent Child and do DIDDLY SQUAT all game because thats just how he felt that day. There are multiple games where Rube underachieved as town but really only one scum game where I can say he was pretty ineffectual and posted a lot of fluff and that was during the the crossover last year where literally no one knew their alignment the entire first day. I havent glanced at that one in a long time but he didnt try very hard. Normally what I tend to expect from scum Rube is more logical sensible pushes and a focus on mechanics. Like when he's scum he likes to talk about mechanics cause its easy and use them to make his pushes like when he tried his best to get Pen the PGO lynched in TIDKAM. Playing badly isnt in his scum wheelhouse, he doesnt like taking risks, he doesn't get lynched, and he's always chill. Idk where this is gonna take me but I'm just giving the long version.

The way he's played has looked a lot more like town paranoid as all heck Rubik. Rubik who thinks he sees scum tells in the behavior of sun and yourself and makes a lot of mental notes about it but doesnt want to push it today. And lemme break from that and tell you this boi does not know how to get the lynches he wants. THIS DUDE has sat on a red check all day and NEVER SAID ANYTHING just kept voting there all day wondering why he's not getting them lynched. (the dude he didnt get lynched was sunfan btw) Thats a rather extreme example which I imagine (hope) would never happen again but the point is dude never thinks he can lynch anybody, its not lack of charisma so much as lack of moxie to rally people to vote there with him. If he was actually scum I see no reason why he would blatantly scum read two strong nigh unlynchable players (RIP sunfan) for no concrete reason to get absolutely nothing in return.

I may be wrong, but I cant remember Rube ever once softing ANYTHING as scum before, he may have in Moe's game which I'm not counting cause I was scum with him and prolly influenced him. Him coming in here and saying "I'm mechanically confirmed town" would be the most tableflip moment in history if he was scum cause that goes against basically everything I know about him. He would have to be berserking for me to believe he would ever do that as scum, its so risky its so uncalculated its so haha I randomly decided to this oops now what that no that never happens thats not true.

I cant recall further at present but please present the rest of your case if I missed anything and I will launch my counter

Next up: 10k words on why lynching sms is stupid

My case on him has been laid out and could fairly be summed up as "isn't even attempting to play pro-town or striving to reach understandings"

You're explanations don't make his play better, but I can relate to trustes meta reads on players who unashamedly flip town when by all rights they've been playing horrible all game and I'll buy into that you believe it, which is honestly what I wanted to figure out anyway.

Am done to read 10K words about SMS lynch being bad. I think I don't ever vote him this phase ever just because of obvious reasons but I'd feel wickedly better about that with more reasons to. Any wolf can say I'm locked clear (they know who's not a wolf, after all) but i think with other options on the table it's just a bad lynch right now.

Hate that we're getting yet another replacement. Our other two ain't caught up even and we're basically throwing someone fresh in at what is likely about to be 100 pages of dense game. There's a part of me that wants to vote Deku just because I rather solve the slot then have a replacement at this point although I guess that's not super fair.

As for frequently cited wagons I'd probably trend Rag down because of responses to pressure and trend Jinjo and funnier up.

I don't think wolf Kirino really has the same d1 EoD that we seq so for this phase I leave 'em off the table.

I'm still at peace leaving my vote on Poyzin. I hear ya about how asking to sheep reads is almost too derp to be from wolf but poyzin is barely playing, not impressing me when they do, and we have too many replacements as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom