• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Path of Radiance Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I can't really emphasize how stupid the wagon against me is more than I already have:

I would like to reiterate that over half of the players in this game have voiced suspicions of me and none have defended me, which is very much not what any reasonable person would suspect if I were scum. Moreover, most of those who suspected me have given no reason whatsoever for doing so (besides vague "feels off," "don't like him" type reasoning), and of those that have voted for me, their suspicions are based entirely on 1. a fairly innocuous question in the first few pages, and 2. a vote that is entirely in keeping with my playstyle, and which two other people have also placed. It doesn't take a genius to see how terribly founded and obviously suspicious the bandwagon against me is.

Considering it's not based on reason or evidence in the first place, there's little more I can say to defend myself.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I can't really emphasize how stupid the wagon against me is more than I already have:

Considering it's not based on reason or evidence in the first place, there's little more I can say to defend myself.
That's D1 wagons in a nutshell p much. It's not like Doc's wagon is much better, since it's in large part a policy lynch.

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
if you don't get an avatar you should be lynched asap to ensure the aesthetic integrity of the game

I'm boring I guess, just reused an old avatar.

I originally thought it would be funny to just leave the default on but ah well.

funnier6

Courage~
Alright, because you said you didn't want to talk to me at the end of yesterday, and then just never quoted me again. Thought there was some bad blood, so I wanted to clear the air so that we can work together as much as mafia players can work together.
You misunderstood

I said if you make it personal I won’t reply anymore

but if you’re cool I’m cool

I like yelling at people

Just ask Ex

Alao I love how this game is interfering with eating and showering and homework and I don’t even care

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

Kirino

Tatakae
That's D1 wagons in a nutshell p much. It's not like Doc's wagon is much better, since it's in large part a policy lynch.

Except I'm more active and experienced and might be a meaningful PR, whereas Doc's roleclaim (if true) is pretty weak.

you're voting for an equally stupid wagon

Actually I'm not.

In addition, part of my reasoning is that I know I'm town, and many people are currently voting for me for the sole purpose of defending Doc and saving him from a lynch, which makes me suspect him. Although obviously that reasoning doesn't apply to others who don't know my alignment.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@Kirino Looking back, you had suspicion on Johnny, who is now replaced by LG. Ultimately, why did you decide to go with a random lynch on an inactive player rather than voting for a viable read? You said earlier that you didn't have many reads you trusted but this isn't the case.

Poyzin

I dislike how, in his response to my post asking if he was scum, Johnny hinted at his role:

It's a minor hint, but it always annoys me when people jump to revealing information about their role unprompted and under no or minimal pressure: as Rubik said, it rarely helps the town. I don't really know what to make of it as far as alignment goes, because while it's defensive on his part, I doubt Mafia would have thought of fakeclaims to the point that they'd post information about their role so early on. Unless they were provided with fakeclaims to begin with.

Anyway, I'm probably keeping my vote on Doc until he posts something substantive.

@funnier6: Now that Rubik's answered you, why bring up SMS and Johnny in particular? Was it random, or did/do you have actual reads on them?
I think we’ve officially entered the Serious™ part of the game at this point, so I’m going to expect that people start meaningfully contributing now.

I have a town read on funnier for the same reason that Minish does. He has a very genuine and aggressive approach as town that’s difficult to fake as scum, and he seems to be displaying it now. In one game I played in which he was scum, he was noticeably more aloof. Then again, in another game I played where he was scum, he was more similar to his town playstyle in a way that made me suspect him, and I assume he’s improved since. So I’m hesitant to make too much of his behavior at this point.

I’m slightly suspicious of Johnny for reasons already mentioned, and especially now that two people (including him) have pointed to Sun as someone likely to give mafia fake claims. His hint as to his role seems unnecessarily defensive and perhaps a way to establish a potential fake claim early so that it’s more believable when the time comes. It’s a weak read, though.

Rubik is difficult to read, as usual. I’m getting slight town vibes from him, mostly due to his flippancy, although this is a very weak read.

If I had to lynch someone right now, it’d be either Doc or Johnny. The former because he hasn’t contributed yet and is known for lurking, although it’s obviously still very early and I expect him to do so later in the day. Also, because multiple people have voted for him, which would help in promoting discussion in the event that he flips. I’d like to see him say something, in addition, of course, to the others who have yet to contribute or post.

Hmm. Nothing too scummy from Kirino so far. I think their early game push for the game to enter serious mode is a bit artificial, but I don't think that this really means anything about their alignment than it does that I'm more suspicious of their intentions. Seems to me like a case of "Look at me progressing the game" to appear town, but I can't say for sure.

Poyzin

It's not so much that we'll look to your read list as a reliable guide for potential lynch targets if you flip town, since town can easily be wrong. Your reads provide information to debate and discuss right now, and especially if you flip town, would help in interpreting any votes on you, or otherwise figure out why you would be NK'd.

It'd be even better if you made your avatar a cute anime girl

Continuing through Kirino's posts, seems to be in favor of an ExLight lynch for information? Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I don't recall there being a sizable wagon on ExLight at this time, so it seems odd why Kirino is making plans to use ExLight's reads list upon their flip of scum or town, you know? Like our goal should be to lynch scum and try to make as few mislynches as possible, but maybe that's just me not usually being in favor of purposeful info lynches of null slots. Difference in mafia philosophy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom