• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
When i say someone is my scumspect, i mean to communicate that relative to the other players in the game, I think they're more likely to be scum than those players, not that they are definitely scum. Being this early in the game, most of my scumreads are going to be weak and volatile.
Yeah, it's probably a cultural difference in terms of how we talk about how scummy or towny players are. Players from where Rag and I hail from are exceptionally paranoid and in the context of D1, I think most people would know that saying something is a scumspects is usually going to be based on weak feelings.

Also, I know I hate worlds but if Rag is scum, I could easily picture a team of all might, sunsun, and fg alongside rag because it would be rag bussing a teammate (which rag likes to do), sunsun telling rag in scumchst not to bus teammates (because he hates bussing), and then rag scum reading everyone who isn't the remaining teammates (because rag is the kind of person who might do that sort of thing). That said, currently rag is playing like townrag, imo, so this is nothing more than a fun hypothetical but it's a really amusing idea to me so I thought I'd share it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

does this link work?

I can buy that that is your genuine position on Ex. The reality though is that you criticising Ex's behaviours still puts him in a bad light in the public eye. Being able to do so without committing to reading him as scum essentially lets you attack him while absolving yourself of responsibility, which is beneficial to scum and not to town. Combined with your lack of otherwise consequential behaviour, I still find your interactions with Ex scummy.

When i say someone is my scumspect, i mean to communicate that relative to the other players in the game, I think they're more likely to be scum than those players, not that they are definitely scum. Being this early in the game, most of my scumreads are going to be weak and volatile.
That link leads to a joke interaction back during rvs, lol.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
The Sun Fan - 1 (Rubik)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 2 (LittleGumball, The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
Laurentus - 1 (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, Morbid Minish)

Not voting - Laurentus, Silverfish, Calvin ツ, ExLight, HeroOfTime, Johnny Sooshi, All Might, Mellow Ezlo

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, August 30th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190830T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Spirit: So you don't think asking for meta is a scumtell? What was the "golden rule of mafia" alluding to?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I dismissed that part of All Might's post. Wow. Pardon me while I see if there are more breadcrumbs to confirm my suspicious.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Oops, I meant post #4. Got it confused with another one. Sorry if it seems like I'm leading you on a wild goose chase; basically I was breadcrumbing a couple of times about my role. If anyone picked up on it, then they haven't brought it to the forefront, but that's the gist of it.
So you're probably either a magical girl or deceptively cute evil utilitarian alien thing that only a cool, handsome person would use for their discord avatar, then? Cool. (:

funnier6

Courage~
That being said, I still feel like pressuring Doc is just a bit too easy. It happens so often now that I seriously doubt the "pressure" will really get to him at all as either alignment because he should just be expecting it by now.
Yeah I didnt really wanna start things off that way but since so many people here are unfamiliar with how we do day ones I thought doing something that usually helps would be better than trying something different. It isnt really about the pressure though, its mainly a yo Doc dont think you can skip out on day one thoughts please kinda thing. Might just @ him in the future since its getting so stale.
Holy ****, I'm getting flash backs to the MU game, that's how active this game is. And yet, it's predominantly fluff.
Yeah we haven't had an 18 player game in ages (since the original anime mafia lol) so we're a little hype.
There was one interesting tidbit which struck me as fairly out of character (granted, with a very limited meta): Funnier's declaration that there's not really a lot to respond to and engage with. I mean, it's true, but still. From my experience he would usually try to generate something to respond to.
I dont really know where youre getting this from? I dont remember saying anything like that, and I have been generating stuff to respond to. I'm not tryharding so much as champs of course but I haven't hit my stride yet either.
1: Funnier/Rubik Conspiracy
Really bad timing for third party neighborhood conspiracy theory I'm still in trauma no its not true the x's are kisses kill me please. </3

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Seems like the kind of thing Rag would do, yeah.

Thanks for this and also the explanation about how your all's home site plays. Feel better about leaning town for Rag now. Especially since she genuinely seems to be trying to solve even if I don't agree with some of what she's saying.

Her vote on me also feels weak because she doesn't offer anything other than "hm" (although I could say the same for Minish).

I thought the reason for my vote on you seemed a bit apparent in context of my post. Wanted to pressure someone where it wasn't just 1 vote. And thought you were a good one to put another one because there are certain things I look for from you d1 and I hadn't felt that yet.

My attack on you way a genuine d1 attack. It wasn't random or a joke, but—like most d1 cases—built on very little substance and the fact that you kept dismissing it as fully a joke did definitely ping me as scummy behavior.

Tbf, I also read your attack as a joke and it wasn't even on me. Probably because it was written in a way like your other jokes.

Oops, I meant post #4. Got it confused with another one. Sorry if it seems like I'm leading you on a wild goose chase; basically I was breadcrumbing a couple of times about my role. If anyone picked up on it, then they haven't brought it to the forefront, but that's the gist of it.

And this is actually what I was looking for from you and happened to not notice that softing.

Unvote

Vote: DekuNut

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@SMS: I'm guessing a number got cut off of rag's link which broke the link in a strange way, judging by the appearance of the links.

@Ex: There's nothing to be gained from looking into my breadcrumbing. If there was, I'd have been a lot more explicit. I don't like to beat around the bush for no reason.

@Funnier: I've probably had an above average number of substantial posts this game, it's all just tangled in a web of semi-substantial banter to try to get people talking and engaged. Are you worried because I was similarly talkative in the crossover, in which I was scum?

@DekuNut: I understand that you're still going through the thread, but while you're doing it can you occasionally find things that ping your attention and comment on them while in the middle of the process? Feel free to say what page of the game you're on to give your posts context. That will give additional context to your state of mind as you read the thread which could be useful as well as create interactions with other players sooner rather than later. You don't have to do this, but I'd appreciate it, even if you only do it sparsely. :)
Honestly my problem with fast moving games like this is that I move so fast in order to catch up that I don't think very deeply about those posts. I'm literally just reading to have read and to no how things have changed in my absence. I'll do some vote analysis when I'm finally caught up, since then i'll have the background of general trends to make educated(ish) points.
But that playstyle does leave me kind of dead in the water when it comes to helping during the catchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom