• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I think thats a bit far fetched to say it's scummy because I dismissed his attacks, which I genuinely took as a joke because in fairness Rubik just came accross as a fluffposting person so I really didn't know how to react, except see it as a joke.

I also wouldn't say i've been that active, mostly due to work or exam resits, after my shift today, that finishes at 11.30 BST, I will be more active.

In regards to your no substance claim I can't really disagree with that, i'll just attempt to make more of an effort once i'm finished at work.

you gave me the impression of being one of the more active posters in the game in terms of amount and frequency of posts, probably top third, but its not like a crunched the numbers. I don't think its far-fetched to think dismissing attacks is scummy. Even if you thought they were jokes, it would have been more pro-town to treat them as attacks. Saying your unsure how to react is indictive of a scum train of thought, since it suggests you seriously thought about how to respond to the attacks and then decided to dismiss them as jokes.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
why is this convenient?
Because it's omitting information while tunneling on one "serious" post. *twirls wand around*

Funnygurl and Sun both put hard reads out into the open, afaicr, is why i like them.
These are all the posts that Funnygurl made.

As you can see, she hasn't made any scumreading attempts and her posts are lack anything substantial. Her vote on me also feels weak because she doesn't offer anything other than "hm" (although I could say the same for Minish).

Now, release me so I can focus on hunting actual scum and then have some cake!

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
He's prolly town-reading her because she sheeped her vote into AM, but that sounds quite lazy compared to all the other elaborated reads. :suspicious:

Hey, Rag, what do you think about Rubik confirming to be softbreadcrumbing something? Do you think this makes your conspiracy theory stronger or weaker?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Because it's omitting information while tunneling on one "serious" post. *twirls wand around*

omitting inconsequential information is inconsequential. You not making jokes has nothing to do with my case on you.

These are all the posts that Funnygurl made.

As you can see, she hasn't made any scumreading attempts and her posts are lack anything substantial. Her vote on me also feels weak because she doesn't offer anything other than "hm" (although I could say the same for Minish).

Now, release me so I can focus on hunting actual scum and then have some cake!

Your link doesn't work for me. The post i liked by funnygurl was her attacking people who were "opportunistically attacking" exlight. That said, you're right that she's done a lot less than was my impression of her.

You're free to hunt scum and defend yourself at the same time. I didn't see you doing any scumhunting before i attacked you so don't try to use me as an excuse for your lack of contribution.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Spiritual Mask Salesman:
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184028
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-118403

SMS makes two attacks early in the game which seem like they could be attempts to break RVS, but they make no attempt to follow up on them. As a town player, if you have even a slight reason to believe someone is scum early in the game, i think its beneficial to properly attack them for it, for the purposes of building an actual conversation which could then generate more reads. Spiritual Mask Salesman seems to have a genuine reason to scumread people early, but instead of using it as a basis to launch an attack, keeps it on the level of a joke.

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184235

This post of SMS' also bothers me. At this point in the game SMS has contributed nothing of substance, and is criticising ExLight of essentially not contributing anything of substance despite RVS being over. Since then they've been occasionally half-heartedly attacking ExLight, the easiest target in the game for people to jump on. If they were town they should be doing it harder. SMS has consistently been active but has said little of substance. SMS is one of my top scumspects for today.
I need to catch up on the thread, but I'm going to take time to address this. On Day 1 you have people who seem off, right, but you can't definitely say someone is scum, you just don't know (unless you do know o_O). Anyway, the first vote you linked was a joke vote during rvs, it wasn't an attack on funnier, it's an ongoing joke we have. Your second link leads to a signup thread from 2010!!! This is odd!

Anyway, I didn't follow through on voting Ex because I realize his behavior is NAI, I've played with him before, I was just trying to explain to him why people think his statements look bad.

Ragnarokio

He's prolly town-reading her because she sheeped her vote into AM, but that sounds quite lazy compared to all the other elaborated reads. :suspicious:

Hey, Rag, what do you think about Rubik confirming to be softbreadcrumbing something? Do you think this makes your conspiracy theory stronger or weaker?

neither.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@SMS: I'm guessing a number got cut off of rag's link which broke the link in a strange way, judging by the appearance of the links.

@Ex: There's nothing to be gained from looking into my breadcrumbing. If there was, I'd have been a lot more explicit. I don't like to beat around the bush for no reason.

@Funnier: I've probably had an above average number of substantial posts this game, it's all just tangled in a web of semi-substantial banter to try to get people talking and engaged. Are you worried because I was similarly talkative in the crossover, in which I was scum?

@DekuNut: I understand that you're still going through the thread, but while you're doing it can you occasionally find things that ping your attention and comment on them while in the middle of the process? Feel free to say what page of the game you're on to give your posts context. That will give additional context to your state of mind as you read the thread which could be useful as well as create interactions with other players sooner rather than later. You don't have to do this, but I'd appreciate it, even if you only do it sparsely. :)

Ragnarokio

I need to catch up on the thread, but I'm going to take time to address this. On Day 1 you have people who seem off, right, but you can't definitely say someone is scum, you just don't know (unless you do know o_O). Anyway, the first vote you linked was a joke vote during rvs, it wasn't an attack on funnier, it's an ongoing joke we have. Your second link leads to a signup thread from 2010!!! This is odd!

Anyway, I didn't follow through on voting Ex because I realize his behavior is NAI, I've played with him before, I was just trying to explain to him why people think his statements look bad.

does this link work?

I can buy that that is your genuine position on Ex. The reality though is that you criticising Ex's behaviours still puts him in a bad light in the public eye. Being able to do so without committing to reading him as scum essentially lets you attack him while absolving yourself of responsibility, which is beneficial to scum and not to town. Combined with your lack of otherwise consequential behaviour, I still find your interactions with Ex scummy.

When i say someone is my scumspect, i mean to communicate that relative to the other players in the game, I think they're more likely to be scum than those players, not that they are definitely scum. Being this early in the game, most of my scumreads are going to be weak and volatile.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Honestly don't remember playing much with him, I host more than I play and in my most recent game he just played a somewhat questionable performance of an indep. Sorry Ex.

I think thats a bit far fetched to say it's scummy because I dismissed his attacks, which I genuinely took as a joke because in fairness Rubik just came accross as a fluffposting person so I really didn't know how to react, except see it as a joke.

I also wouldn't say i've been that active, mostly due to work or exam resits, after my shift today, that finishes at 11.30 BST, I will be more active.

In regards to your no substance claim I can't really disagree with that, i'll just attempt to make more of an effort once i'm finished at work.
My attack on you way a genuine d1 attack. It wasn't random or a joke, but—like most d1 cases—built on very little substance and the fact that you kept dismissing it as fully a joke did definitely ping me as scummy behavior.

That said, I'm trying to get information on a bunch of players today, not just tunnel on the first person who did something sightly scummy all day

Ragnarokio

aso @Spirit: What does the "golden rule of mafia" refer to?

Idr see how you’re town reading Rubik but I’m too jokey to get a read on. Maybe I’m overestimating my posts so far but I would’ve expected that to go in the opposite direction. Especially since Rubik has been way too jokey for me to get a read on. Since a ton of you are new here, it’s good to keep in mind that Rubik is extremely hard to read and pin down as both alignments. Literally the easiest way to read him is take your read of me and reverse it because we’ve never been the same alignment once. Can you elaborate some more on these?
Problem is that I don't have a solid, or liquid for that matter, read on you. I admit my reasoning's aren't based on much right now, but who's are?
I will admit that my perceptions of All Might are a bit scummy based on recent events.
Calvin seems like he wasn't taking it seriously, which could be scummy?

Completely unrelated note: Is there a off forum game advertising thread anywhere around here?

Ragnarokio

aso @Spirit: What does the "golden rule of mafia" refer to?

PBPA:

#1: joke post
#2: the first serious post of the game, the one which i attacked you for.
#3: joke post
#4: your post asking doc for his opinion on rubik, which i commented on.
#5: You respond to my vote on you, essentially saying you don't see the connection between tryharding and you being scum. You also unvote doc because he explained himself somewhat. You also ask sun a question here which i admittedly missed.

These are the posts you make before i make my case on you. Which of these has information which discredits my case?

Ragnarokio

woops i quoted myself, that was meant to be a response to all might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom