• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Because youre definitely 100% town and town have no reason to doubt you? The rest of the game doesn't get a memo on whether you've been added to scum chat or not.
You've also been saying that the ones who want you dead are scum. I know that's not true, because I'm town, and I believe that's not true for the other people who want you dead either.
Because, regardless of my actual alignment, I am playing as Town. Self-defeating scum is in Town's best interests and in scum's worst interests, is it not?
Now, I do not expect, nor have I earned your blind trust. I've already asked Max to cop check me last night phase. I've requested it again this phase.
I don't care if I'm cop checked or not or if I'm policy lynched or not, either way will help whittle down the PoE. I'm blind as a bat, and I'll go down laughing no matter what happens.

And that depends on whether scum thinks that you're more beneficial in their camp or leaving you alone to stir up chaos
Caps, which do you think scum would prefer? An actual competent ally that has successfully won as scum all but one time he's ever played, and that was ridiculously early on in his career, or somebody fumbling around and potentially randomly killing one of their own?
Think logically. Especially if, literally, anybody from Bulba is in the mafia. Who is the first person they'd want to confirm is on their side?
I'm damn good at my job. You know it, everyone from Bulba knows it, and, heck, even funnier knows it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
That's a load of bull coming from someone who was willing to THUNDERDOME another townie and is doomcalling about how we can't afford to mislynch anymore
Wait, I don't even think I get your point. ME said we could lynch him during the next day if Town wasn't able to gather any info tonight.

Since he doesn't know his alignment, the chances of hitting a non-town by lynching him are exactly the same as if it was you, and him volunteering also stops scum from trying to manipulate the votes. He's pretty much volunteering to be the next lynch which is no different of me forcing a showdown.

If you target him with a copcheck and he turns out to be town we'll have to pick another target and scum will most likely find a way to spread the votes and tie them.

According to him, he is.
He literally just offered himself to be the next lynch, this is completely anti-scum if he's a self aware one.
Are you seriously considering a Jester?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
The ‘W’ stands for whiskey.
hey guys i really like ME as a person. can't put m'finger on why :bubsy: just a feelin~
We have someone who is willing to be our ally while he's unaware of his alignment, why risk getting a non-town check and turning him into an enemy?
you're assuming he's telling the truth about not knowing his alignment. we have no proof for or against his claim, and we'll never know for sure until endgame.
Please explain me why would a scum offer himself to die in the place of a Town or of another scum? This makes literally no sense if he really knows his alignment. And if he knows it can be seen as a play to buy more time to Town to gather more info. HE IS FINE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW.
to gain town points. does he actually expect to be lynched? idk if he does. although i agree that he's not our main concern at the present moment unless he comes up guilty to the cop, he hasn't exactly been playing anti-town.
He's pretty much volunteering to be the next lynch which is no different of me forcing a showdown.
the difference is that we can choose whether or not we want to lynch him. he is not actively forcing our hand. saying "go ahead and lynch me" does not guarantee a lynch must be there.

i won't tell cop what to do, you can make your own decision. if we have a vigilante that would be both good and cool although i wouldn't say i know what decision i'd make if it were me.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
that's an interesting question, actually. Everyone, if you were vigilante, who would you shoot?

for me personally it might be Capsfan. i cannot recall anything they've said, although i did skim the entire thread, but not standing out is a bad sign imo.
i wouldn't shoot someone with a town result regardless of how inactive they are (i'd @DekuNut but i doubt he'd show up anyway :^) ), hero could be scum but i haven't seen anything necessarily out of the ordinary, i haven't seen minish in a long time and i also don't recall anything she's said either but idk if she would be inactive as scum???? but that's some wine 4 me
i don't want to get rid of moe or sunfan (our most active players) without anything super solid against them. they're both acting a little weird but i doubt they're buds, and "a little weird" isn't nearly concrete enough to get rid of them without a wagon to analyze.
ME i guess i've talked about but although he's ****ing around, he's not exactly not doing anything. appreciated his recent reads post, wherever that was.
the rest are like, town or i've forgotten they exist.

anyway caps isn't necessarily my biggest suspicion but they've flown under the radar the whole game and i don't want to go back and read wherever they were on the wagons on the day we actually properly lynched. or they could be my biggest suspicion idk i haven't made a damn ass list. but i don't know if a wagon would give us as much info on caps as a vig target.

soz this game is low effort for me umu i just don't want to read 100 pages again

NOOOOO
The only thing we learned from the last two phases is that he's willing to sacrifice himself for town's sake. This proves that he believes he's Town.

in this game "he believes he is town" =/= "he is town"
fwiw I won't make a fuss about this because its a bastard game but in a normal game, Moe would be right, and ME's actions would be modkillable

its extremely annoying though

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What about Gravity Falls? D:

I'll get to it! I just want to get through Stranger Things quick so I don't get spoilers.

NOOOOO
The only thing we learned from the last two phases is that he's willing to sacrifice himself for town's sake. This proves that he believes he's Town.

We've had scum here who are willing to self vote. I've seen scum offer to be lynched the next day if they were 'wrong'. Heck, that just happened in funnier's champ game and that person went on to win. Thing is scum will do strange things. You shouldn't absolutely townread someone saying they'll sacrifice themselves especially if they claim to not even know their own alliance. If everyone thought that way, and we got to tomorrow with no info everyone could be like "well...I doubt scum would do that so we don't have to lynch him".

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Max, investigate whoever you want. I think by now ME would have been targeted and recruited by mafia if that were his alignment but his gameplay has been consistently very town from what I've seen and I want to keep him around. He could be third party but that's the only other option and I find it very unlikely imo.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
in this game "he believes he is town" =/= "he is town"
Yes, it's even better because he'd play against his own faction. I don't see why take the risk of turning him into an enemy with a cop check if we can just not prioritize him and reduce even further the list of possible active scum.

We've had scum here who are willing to self vote. I've seen scum offer to be lynched the next day if they were 'wrong'. Heck, that just happened in funnier's champ game and that person went on to win. Thing is scum will do strange things. You shouldn't absolutely townread someone saying they'll sacrifice themselves especially if they claim to not even know their own alliance. If everyone thought that way, and we got to tomorrow with no info everyone could be like "well...I doubt scum would do that so we don't have to lynch him".
...hmm, I guess? :suspicious:
But even these kind of actions have a purpose, right? Can you think of any reason for him to do that...?

What's your opinion on him tho?
Do you think he was just pretending to panic over me forcing us to gladiate once again?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
This isn’t a situation where I’m saying that I’m willing to be lynched “if I’m wrong.” This is a situation where I’m volunteering to be lynched, and I fully expect it to happen.
If Max doesn’t check me, it’s a smart and strategic move to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom