• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Just a heads up, I was dealing with a very sick cat the other night and had to wait til the vet opened the next morning. Unfortunately she didn't pull through, so I probably won't be as active for the first part of this day. I'll try to put it more effort later. If anyone has any questions for me specifically feel free to ask. I'm still around and keeping up with things. Just hard to focus at the moment.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
they prolly already know that because they prolly tried to target me tonight.
And why are you assuming they'd've targeted you last night? :suspicious:
...I can smell the bull**** a mile away.

You ask me why I assume that scum targeted me last night, after saying that scum probably tried to target you last night.

Ex, if anyone from Bulba is scum, I'm the first person they'd have targeted, because they'd want to know for sure if I was an ally or an enemy before taking me out. Furthermore, since scum already knows that a) I intend to play as Town until such time as my alignment is revealed to be scum and b) I have no intention of guessing my alignment, the only way for them to know for sure what faction I'm on, and to avoid a potential teammate screwing them over would have been to target me.
How does scum know this? Because I said so in-thread.

Now, why on Earth do you think scum would have targeted you last night?

Also, don't rule out killing roles just yet, my friend. If AE targeted you, and you tried to kill yourself, then AE would have died, which is what happened.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Well, the odds of them actually guessing bodyguard as a role are pretty low now that i think about it
I isod them and didn't find any reads anyway, not that I expected to since reads would have been useless yesterday

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
t a) I intend to play as Town until such time as my alignment is revealed to be scum and b) I have no intention of guessing my alignment, the only way for them to know for sure what faction I'm on, and to avoid a potential teammate screwing them over would have been to target me.
Woha there, it's because you said you would go blindly that they'd prolly avoid you.

That would be a waste of a Night Action if you're not going to cooperate since it would cloud their results.
Imagine that they use a Role on you, I'd have to remind you that they don't know what their actions do, so they would have to rely on your reaction to find out what the role is capable of.

So, per example, if the Mafia Roleblocker had used their role on you without knowing their role, since you're going blindly and not going to guess your role, which, at least to me also implies that you're not going to try using them, they wouldn't find out if you were successfully roleblocked because you wouldn't have any indication of it, they would only know that their role went through.

While this is a great Town play to waste their non-killing Roles, I don't think they'd fall for that.

Now, why on Earth do you think scum would have targeted you last night?
a) Because yall kept making a ruckus affirming I had a Dragonball, which is why contrainer prolly got killed, so they might be going after whoever they suspect they have one.
b) Because I'm getting in the way of both teams, so both kinda want to either get rid of me or to have me as an ally so I stop doing that to at least one of them.
c) Cuz there's the remote chance that I got roleblocked, that's why my self-targeted action failed. Which in this case would also prove that I'm town.

Mikey the Moblin

Well, good news, everyone, since I have not been added to the scumchat, it looks like I'm Town...or at least not scum.
Hooray!

Now then, on to business:

D1: ExLight clearly indicates that learning one's faction is a priority and more important than learning one's role, claiming that you'd learn your faction by phase end, which, at the very least, everyone should have been able to determine whether or not they were mafia if they followed my simple plan.

N1: ExLight claims to have not even bothered guessing his alignment, because the hammer was rushed. The phase lasted over 14 hours, and ExLight was around and active for a lot of that phase. There is, literally, no excuse for him to have not submitted an alignment guess, especially in light of how important he seemed to think it was, and the fact that he also submitted a role guess. It doesn't take much longer to submit a factional guess at the same time.

Also N1: ExLight inquires about how mafia factional kills work, and has some sort of vague plan to either catch scum or discover a scumbuddy.

Hypothesis: ExLight did in fact submit an alignment guess, turned out to be scum, and didn't realize that he should have just claimed Town, instead cobbling together this ridiculous plan in order to try to clear himself.
Problem: If you're claiming to not know your alignment, why would you need to clear yourself?

I will Vote: ExLight
Exlight also made it clear that they wanted to see a votecount to get a hint of potential vote altering roles
So with that in mind, having an actual reason to wait makes me believe they're telling the truth as far as not knowing alignment until now

Mikey the Moblin

Woha there, it's because you said you would go blindly that they'd prolly avoid you.

That would be a waste of a Night Action if you're not going to cooperate since it would cloud their results.
Imagine that they use a Role on you, I'd have to remind you that they don't know what their actions do, so they would have to rely on your reaction to find out what the role is capable of.

So, per example, if the Mafia Roleblocker had used their role on you without knowing their role, since you're going blindly and not going to guess your role, which, at least to me also implies that you're not going to try using them, they wouldn't find out if you were successfully roleblocked because you wouldn't have any indication of it, they would only know that their role went through.

While this is a great Town play to waste their non-killing Roles, I don't think they'd fall for that.

a) Because yall kept making a ruckus affirming I had a Dragonball, which is why contrainer prolly got killed, so they might be going after whoever they suspect they have one.
b) Because I'm getting in the way of both teams, so both kinda want to either get rid of me or to have me as an ally so I stop doing that to at least one of them.
c) Cuz there's the remote chance that I got roleblocked, that's why my self-targeted action failed. Which in this case would also prove that I'm town.
Dude eevee also had a dragon ball

+1 that's probably the right read

If you have dragon balls don't claim them and maybe pass them to someone you think is town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom