• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Ribbit.

MHA6.png

A roleblock doesn't prevent a nightkill, if he were a stalker or something, you'd prevent that, but not a kill.

Vote: Axle the Beast

I was between Axle and Rubik from the start, but Libk's consistent absence bothers me. Taking down Axle, then you Libk. I haven't seen Deku die yet, and until one of you can prove he's you, I'm betting on SMS.

If that sounded confusing, SMS is town in my eyes until either of you two can prove without a doubt that you are town. I gave my soft hints, SMS gave his, and I think I understood Libk, but he's been deceitful before. Axle has not proven anything at all from the start, what better choice than him? Role claim or die, my vote won't leave you.

The game is still on, so it's 3v1.

Going to sleep, killing me is a scum win and the entire game more or less clears me. I think I know who both SMS and Libk are, but as I said above, we know nothing about Axle. Keep that in mind.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Going to sleep, killing me is a scum win and the entire game more or less clears me. I think I know who both SMS and Libk are, but as I said above, we know nothing about Axle. Keep that in mind.
Libk I don't think ever outright claimed. As far as my roleblick not working, it should have worked if I targeted the last Mafioso, and as far as I'm aware the Godfather isn't roleblock immune or anything. So this actually bumps up Axle's town cred. The remaining Mafioso is either you Krow, or Libk.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
So Libk's results are accurate. However, the idea the Mafia has a roleblocker is false. One RB was mine, the other was ALiT's Mod RB.

Hi, All for One.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Nope, I'm a town backup turned roleblocker. We shouldn't do the Mafia's work for them again.

This quote was in direct response to me saying this

Actually got confirmation that it was not the mod roleblock.

And my role is called Night stalker.

I didn't see a doc

There is def a mafia roleblocker and now my bets are on SMS being scum.

However I don't want to put him in hammer range quite yet.

He seemed quite sure there was no scum roleblocker, and even tried to use the mod roleblock to hide the fact. While the thought was something I brought up, I later stated that the mod confirmed to me that his roleblock was not part of my result. I think this was an attempt to keep Bok's role secret and try to move on as the "Town Backup", however something had been bothering me about that claim. Now what I'm saying might seem crazy, but I think it's the only explanation, I think SMS is all might and was able to steal Music's quirk. That's what All for one does. He steals quirks. The only other character that it could possibly be that I could think of is from a different class than the main cast of heroes in the show. And he's only able to copy the quirks of those he touches for 5 minutes. I believe SMS when he says he's now a role blocker but I don't believe town.

@Krow , Thematically it doesn't make sense, to me at least, that Deku would be a backup. That's not Deku's power. If he could backup anyone it would only be All Might's backup, not Todoroki or the other heroes.

Lastly I offer this.

I didn't RB Hero, it must have been Bok's last RB. I actually set up to Lynch Axle with 1 vote, I'm pretty sure he is the last scum. So if it's possible to get 2 lynches also, let's all vote Hero since he is the SK almost certainly, and only keep 1 vote on @Axle the Beast

But I won't lie, I'm wondering if we do have a SK? All Might was a strongman, so Idk why we didn't see 3 Night kills? All Might(Pl;ayer) should have got off a NK Night 2, plus Minish's Vig kill, and the faction Mafia kill, correct?
Unless Night 1 one NK was a SK kill by Hero, the other by the Mafia as a faction, and intetestingly, I Roleblocked Axle Night 1. If he was the Godfather maybe that screwed up All Might's(Player) strongman ability?

This post came after it was common knowledge that Minish didn't kill on night one. Additionally SMS should know that blocking the godfather wouldn't stop the strongman. You'd have to stop the strongman so It's not likely that you blocking Axle did anything night one.

Really it's just odd to me that SMS speculated against an SK when 1. We knew Storma investigated Pendio night one so no chance of the JOAT doing an NK, and 2 We know minish didn't shoot on night one. I guess basically I'm wondering what your thought process was here because there's no way blocking the possible Godfather would have resulted in blocking the strongman kill and you should know that. And now that we're at a point where we can be sure we've had no doctors, it would make sense that a roleblock could stop a NK.

TBH I think you're trying to use "I role blocked Axle but there was still a kill" as an easy way to try and put sus on me and get me lynched.

Libk I don't think ever outright claimed. As far as my roleblick not working, it should have worked if I targeted the last Mafioso, and as far as I'm aware the Godfather isn't roleblock immune or anything. So this actually bumps up Axle's town cred. The remaining Mafioso is either you Krow, or Libk.

AND I just caught you in a bit of a contradiction. You know I outright claimed. I'M the reason you even claimed yourself. Look above for proof. You claimed a bit after I pointed out the second RB.

I think Axle is really just a Vanilla town, as he claimed earlier in the thread, and just doesn't have as much heart in this game because of it. I know several players who get like this when they don't get a PR.

Then allow me to rephrase my question: Why are you so certain I'm the last Mafioso?

Is that what's hanging you up? I'm town. ...now does that improve anything or convince you in any way? I believe I know the answer and hopefully you can see why I didn't bother saying it before. =P

Everyone's claim is town by default, with few exceptions. No one's going to claim scum, so the idea that "they haven't claimed town" is significant is silly. Everyone is claiming town by default, and saying they're town doesn't mean anything and can't be trusted.

This is a poor argument. I've yet to be given a reason for suspecting me I can really reply to. That's the whole reason I've been suspicious of Rubik; he won't offer an explanation for any of his votes or suspicions. I'm not going to claim that often, which you already know and can easily confirm by reading back through old Mafia games, though plenty of people who played with me before could corroborate it. It's not a town tell or a scum tell.

I have addressed every post against me but none of them have offered much to go on. I've knocked down almost every argument someone's tried to make about me being suspicious, the issue is you're not making many. Even now you're argument about why I'm suspicious is circular. I'm suspicious because I'm not defending myself, but you're not giving me anything to defend myself against. There is no stated logic so there isn't much reply. You're the reason I'm not defending myself much.

This is a meaningless statement but it seems to be what you want: I know I'm town. I have that advantage. And I am, understandably, focused on lynching an actual Mafia (which is clearly Rubik, although if I'm somehow wrong -- like I seem to have been with Krow -- then my suspicions will probably return to Libk, but there's no one in this game acting scummier than him).

Krow I believe as he brought up the amnesia thing before pen did, and pen stated it was ALIT's way of explaining why VT is present in the game.

I think you're the Godfather, All for One.

We're faced with a situation that just leads me to this conclusion.

If you're truthful about your claim, and axle was blocked but kill went through, then we kill Krow. However Krow is cleared through Pendio, as Krow mentioned Amnesia first and Pen confirmed it is a thing and what it's intent was and we know Pendio wasn't lying about amnesia. Ok so now we go for Axle. However if we have no doc in this game, it would make sense roleblocks could stop NK's, therefor there shouldn't have been an NK last night if he was the GF. That brings it now back to Me and You. You're quickly trying to point the lynch in my direction and even trying to mislead town into thinking I hadn't claimed. Even Krow remembered I claimed, though is wary of it and admittedly I don't blame him. It's called Night stalker. It makes sense to be wary of it. At the end of the day, I'm forced into a position where I either believe you and that leaves my as best lynch through process of elimination or I don't believe you and we lynch you.

Vote: Axle the Beast

I was between Axle and Rubik from the start, but Libk's consistent absence bothers me. Taking down Axle, then you Libk. I haven't seen Deku die yet, and until one of you can prove he's you, I'm betting on SMS.
I agree with you that since the game is still going it's 3v1, but there isn't going to be another day; 4 players left, one is mafia. If we lynch a townie tonight, then a townie is nightkilled in the night and there's one mafia and one town and that's an auto Mafia win. This is LyLo. And I can only confirm, as you said yourself, that lynching me is a Mafia victory.

I'm not really sure how to respond to some of the criticisms I got last page and now in this one from you, beyond pointing out the simple facts: I've opposed multiple townie lynches, which I told you guys EARLY ON in those days were not good lynches. I haven't exactly done a great job picking scum myself but I've easily done the least damage to the town out of everyone here.

That doesn't clear me and I said a while back a Mafia is likely trying to hide in plain sight and that absolutely could describe me. But this idea that I've only really defended people isn't true. I pressed you until you seemed to be cleared, at the same time I pressed Pendio. I tried to lynch Rubik last Day and I suspected the two confirmed Mafia like the rest of you guys. I guess ironically as much as I've said you guys have been wrong to lynch this or that person, you guys were also right to avoid lynching my picks for the most scummy people, since I was clearly off.

To be honest Rubik flipping town has me a bit at a loss. I'm reconsidering the idea that one of the active people are Mafia, because it seems like the Mafia's strategy throughout this whole game is to get us to just kill each other. That's why I'm inclined to actually vote Libk or SMS, since Libk is the least-active remaining player and it's seemed like SMS has been on the less-impactful side although I might be remembering things a bit wrong. I'm going to think for a little on this before I decide who to vote for.

We ultimately don't know anything about Libk or SMS either. You're probably the closest to confirmed because of the context of the claim, but ultimately everyone else's claims are being taken on some degree of faith. Libk's in particular seemed sketchy, some kind of one-time watcher role, while SMS's was a backup jack of all trades that we mostly believe because Rubik determined he was likely Deku.

This isn't the first point in the game where misinterpretation of claims have steered us badly (with Stormageddon's lynch in particular), and "you haven't claimed, therefore I know nothing about you" is still a misinterpretation of a claim; Mafia can claim something simple just to look like town and you can analyze my play patterns instead.

As far as my roleblick not working, it should have worked if I targeted the last Mafioso, and as far as I'm aware the Godfather isn't roleblock immune or anything. So this actually bumps up Axle's town cred. The remaining Mafioso is either you Krow, or Libk.
Yeah contrary to what @Krow suggested about roleblockers not being able to roleblock nightkills, according to Mafia wiki at least, their usual purpose is to stop a nightkill. Not that details can't be changed from game to game as a mod sees fit.

So according to your report of your night actions, either I am town or you are lying.

Hmm. I just finished reading Libk's post.

I'm still not done thinking about this, but I'm leaning towards voting for you, @Spiritual Mask Salesman. I'm not going to actually vote this instant because if I'm wrong I do not want the last Mafia to be able to hammer you and win, but let's just say I'd be doing it already if not for that possibility because I want to see how you react.

I still stand by you being a bad lynch on... whichever day it was that Rubik almost successfully pushed for your lynch, especially since Rubik was acting in a way I rarely ever trust, but now we have the benefit of knowing he was town and that his intentions at least were in the right place. You were only really cleared, unless I'm remembering wrong, because he came up with a claim for you. But at the end of the day I... still don't trust claims and you're the only one here who is really being vetted as supposedly town purely because of a claim. Libk never received a bandwagon against him so it's not really his claim that's kept him alive, and Krow is being trusted more because of the timing of his claim and it being corroborated than by the claim itself. You were pretty much on the chopping block until someone guessed at your flavor and used it to justify your claimed role for you.

Would just like to caution: Since this is the last chance and a majority of 3 hammer would end the game, I would advise you do as I did and avoid getting two votes on a person unless you're totally certain they're the last Mafia, because that will be an auto-win for the remaining Mafia to hammer the lynch if you're wrong.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Vote Count 5.1:

Axle the Beast - 1 (Krow)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Libk)

Not Voting - Axle the Beast, Spiritual Mask Salesman

With 4 alive, it takes 3 for a majority lynch. Day 5 ends on Friday, July 20th at 6:30 PM EST.

Last edited:
Going to say this now just in case. Deku is a nickname and the real name of that character is Izuku Midoriya. Just a random tidbit of knowledge.

Axle, my point on asking you to role claim was so I could judge between the three of you and see who is lying. There is a chance that it's Libk or SMS who are faking their claim. I will outright say this now, I am terrible at judging people based on Meta and get confused easily by it. Such is why I told Minish long ago in the game that I hated it and found it useless.

However, I am pretty good with flavor depending on the game and I'm one person in the game that has watched every episode of MHA so far. What I'm getting at, is that based on your role claim (do not soft your character, just the role) I should be able to see who is who without hearing the actual names.

I know it sounds farfetched, but I took down All Might (forum member) due to my knowledge of the show and flavor, whereas he tried to fool everyone thinking no one knew the show enough to move against him. I know who SMS "says" he is, and in terms of Libk I can only think of one character that would have an ability called Night Stalker and still be a hero. Not knowing anything about yours just puts an enormous "?" on you and throws me off. Hiding your role has no positive effect anymore, you cannot die overnight for revealing it, as this is the final vote anyway. It's best to have all the cards on the table.

That being said here are my thoughts overall.

I cannot judge Axle properly since I have nothing to work with, I'll try to go back and re read his posts to see if theres anything hinted in them.

SMS may be Izuku Midoriya a.k.a. Deku, however as the inheritor of All Might's power One for All, he should only be able to inherit All Might's powers NOT anyone else's such as Shoto Todoroki (Musicfan). This makes me think he is lying due to what Libk brought up about SMS possibly stealing Music's ability. The character One for All is for sure a Godfather if he is in the game, and he DOES have the ability to steal other characters quirks/powers. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he was able to steal the power from the first person to die in the game.

I feel like Libk may be Fumikage Tokoyami. With Dark Shadow as his quirk he may be suited to "Night Stalker" however I never saw Tokoyami as a scout or sensor type character so I find that odd for a role based on him. It's not impossible though.

I'm obviously not asking you to claim to these characters as ALiT will kill us, I'm moreso saying that I think these are the ones you are likely to be and I listed the names so you could look them up yourselves and see what the character is like vs the roles each player claimed. Hence if Axle claimed I could cross reference a character that suits it and use that info to see who is most likely lying.

I know this is all a stretch, but it's the best I can offer to the table without taking shots in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom