• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
depends on the vigi. We don't really need to control the PRs every moves, but given the average vigi has a >rand chance of finding scum, it's better for them to shoot the counterwagon or their scum reads.

Why do I keep letting myself get sucked into mechanical discussion
GUYS. Funnier is the issue right now. Let's talk about him.

you click on the post count next to the thread.
Ok thanks

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I actually feel kinda bad for storm he's literally saying the exact same things as other people but everyone's electing to ignore his post and quote the other person's

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If you're a survivor why are you being so quick to throw yourself in front of a possible vig? You should be trying to live.
I think lying about whether or not it's a good move decreases my chances of surviving the game.

Being honest is a valuable asset. Providing my genuine opinion as a mafia player is better than manufacturing one that just so happens to favor my current game position and forcing myself to defend a viewpoint I don't actually hold.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
This game has an official set up? I truly didnt notice that.

This is the setup and by all means use this as evidence and strategy playing as much as you possibly can.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bastard++

Bastard++

Name:
  • Bastard++
Setup Size:
Players:
Setup Type:
Designer:
Bastard++ is a 13 player semi-open setup based of C9++ designed by Fiasco. It was made by wgeurts on the 20th of September 2014 and is meant as a more non-serious version of C9++ containing many of the roles often included in bastard games.

Mechanics
  • This setup uses a Daystart
  • Inspectors are guaranteed to be sane
  • Inspectors will get the result "Towny" if the person (s)he is inspecting has the role modifier "Inspection Immunity"
  • Doctors prevent one night kill.
  • Kills are indistinguishable - do not use varying flavor for Mafia, Vigilante or Serial Killer night kills.
  • Lynch vote majority is 2/3 of all living players rounded down, Cult win majority is 1/2 plus 1.
  • The the role modifier "Hated" means that the person with it needs 1 less vote to be lynched.
  • The role modifier "Loved" is the opposite of "Hated", requiring 1 more vote to be lynched.
  • The role modifier "Bullet-Proof" prevents 1 night-kill per night.
  • The role modifier "Weak" means that if the person visits a mafia for their night-action, they die.
  • If the role modifier "1-shot" is added, depending on what is connected to it allows an ability to be used only once.
  • First, randomize the roles, then pick a random player to be the Hidden Lynchee, no matter what alignment.
Randomization
The moderator randomly chooses 9 numbers from 1-100, repeating permitted. Then, each number is turned into a letter as follows:

• 1-30 = M (Mafia)
  • 31-44 = C (Cult)
  • 45-58 = J (Jester)
  • 59-72 = T (Town)
  • 73-86 = S (Survival)
  • 87-100 = K (Killers)
The mod then notes how many of each letter is generated.

Setup Determination
Powerroles are inserted into the setup depending on how many of each letter are generated. For example, when looking at the "C" list, look at how many Cs you received. If you get no Cs, do not add any roles from the C list (exception: "M" list has a set of roles to be added if 0 Ts are generated). If you get three Cs, look at where it says CCC and add the corresponding powerroles into the game. In this case, add a Cult Leader.

Cult Roles
C = Hated Weak Cult-Leader

CC = Weak Cult-Leader

CCC = Cult-Leader

CCCC = Loved Cult-Leader

CCCCC = Loved Cult Leader + Cultist

Jester Roles
J = Loved Jester

JJ = Jester

JJJ = 2 Jesters

JJJJ = 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof Jester + Jester

JJJJJ = 2 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof Jesters

Town Roles
TTTT = 1-Shot Inspector + Hated Towny

TTT = Inspector + Loved Towny

TT = Inspector + 1-Shot Doctor + Hated Towny

T = Inspector + Doctor + Loved Towny

0 T's = Inspector + Doctor + 1-Shot Vigilante + Hated Towny + Loved Towny

Survival Roles
S = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee

SS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Hated Survivor

SSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Survivor

SSSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Survivor + Hated Survivor

SSSSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + 2 Survivors

Killer Roles
K = Hated Serial Killer

KK = Killer

KKK = 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof Serial Killer

KKKK = Inspection Immune Serial Killer

KKKKK = Inspection Immune 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof Serial Killer

Mafia Roles
MMMMMM= 2 Goons

MMMMM = 1-Shot Roleblocker + Goon

MMMM = Roleblocker + Goon

MMM = 1-Shot Stalker + 2 goons

MM = Stalker + 2 Goons

M = Stalker + 1-Shot Roleblocker + Goon

0 M's = Stalker + Roleblocker + Goon

Other Information
Once the town powerroles and scum roles have been determined, add a number of Vanilla Townies so that the game contains 13 players.

History
No games have been played so far.

Role Messages
Here's a list of Role Messages for mods to use as role PM's.

Note that the Role-Modifier part will have to be edited to only the right Role-Modifier before usage. I put them all together to save space.

Cult Leader
Your role is Cult Leader.

• Every night you visit one player, that player is the converted to a Cultist.
Win Condition:

• You win if the total number of people in the Cult has a majority of 1 over all other factions combined.
Role Modifier:

• None.
  • Hated and Weak: You have a permanent extra vote for lynches, meaning you need one less vote to reach majority and you win ties. You also die if you visit a member of the Mafia.
  • Weak: You die if you visit a member of the Mafia.
  • Loved: You have a permanent minus one vote to lynches, meaning you need one more vote to reach majority and you lose ties.

Cultist
Your role is Cultist.

• You have no abilities, your lynch is your power.
Win Condition:

• You win if the total number of people in the Cult has a majority of 1 over all other factions combined.
Role Modifier:

• None.

Jester
Your role is Jester.

Win Condition:

• You win if you are lynched.
Role Modifier:

• None.
  • Loved: You have a permanent minus one vote to lynches, meaning you need one more vote to reach majority and you lose ties.
  • 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof: You will survive 1 Night-Kill.

Inspector
Your role is Inspector.

• You visit one person each night and find out their role. If a player has the modifer "Inspector Immunity" the result will be Towny.
Result is Cult if player is:

• Cult Leader
  • Cultist

Result is Self-Aligned if player is:

• Jester
  • Survivor
  • Lyncher
  • Serial Killer

Result is Mafia if player is:

• Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Roleblocker
  • Mafia Stalker

Result is Towny if player is:

• Towny
Result is Doctor if player is:

• Doctor
Result is Vigilante if player is:

• Vigilante

Win Condition:

• You win when all scum are eliminated.
Role Modifier:

• None.
  • 1-Shot: You can visit only 1 person during the game.
Doctor
Your role is Doctor.

• You visit one person each night, that person is protected from 1 night-kill that night only.
Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• None.
  • 1-Shot: You can only visit one person during the game.

1-Shot Vigilante
Your role is 1-Shot Vigilante.

• Once per game you can night-kill one player.
Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• 1-Shot: Integrated into the ability.

Lyncher
Your role is Lyncher.

Win Condition:

• You win if the Hidden Lynchee is lynched. The Lynchee is <name>.
Role Modifiers:

• None.

Hidden Lynchee
Your role is Towny.

Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• None.
  • Hated: You have a permanent plus one vote to lynches, meaning you need one less vote for majority and you win ties.
(The Lynchee gets this PM as he doesn't know he's the Lynchee, he thinks he's a town.)

Survivor
Your role is Survivor.

• You have no abilities, your power is your lynch.
Win Condition:

• You win if any faction wins and you are still alive.
Role-Modifiers:

• None.
  • Hated: You have a permanent plus one vote to lynches, meaning you need one less vote for majority and you win ties.

Serial Killer
Your role is Serial Killer.

• You visit one person per night, that person is then night-killed.
Win Condition:

• You win if everyone except you is dead.
Role Modifiers:

• None.
  • 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof: You will survive 1 Night-Kill.
  • Inspection Immune: You turn up "Towny" to the Cop or Stalker on inspection.
  • Inspection Immume + 1-Shot-Bullet-Proof: You will survive 1 Night-Kill and you turn up "Towny" on inspection by the Cop or Stalker.

Towny
Your role is Towny.

Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• None.

Goon
Your role is Mafia Goon.

• Your fellow mafia are <names>. You faction has 1 night-kill between all of you per night.
Win Condition:

• You win if the total number of remaining mafia equals 50% of the town.
Role Modifiers:

• None.

Roleblocker
Your role is Mafia Roleblocker.

• Your fellow mafia are <names>. You faction has 1 night-kill between all of you per night.
You also visit one person per night, that persons abilities are blocked for that night.

Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• None.
  • 1-Shot: You may only roleblock one person this game.

Stalker
Your role is Mafia Stalker.

You also visit one person per night, that players role is then revealed to you.

Win Condition:

Role Modifiers:

• None.
  • 1-Shot: You may only stalk one person this game.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
depends on the vigi. We don't really need to control the PRs every moves, but given the average vigi has a >rand chance of finding scum, it's better for them to shoot the counterwagon or their scum reads.

Why do I keep letting myself get sucked into mechanical discussion
GUYS. Funnier is the issue right now. Let's talk about him.
I didn't say it's the ideal move, just that it's a decent one. It gets rid of the chance that I'm a jester and confirms 2 of the roles in the game (lyncher and VT lynchee).

Tbh, I love mechanical discussion.

What do you want to say about funnier? That he hasn't posted as often as you might have expected him to? That it was maybe opportunistic for him to try to jump on my wagon so quickly? That the only thing that gets me through the day is the thought that, someday, I'll get to lynch him?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
While true, I still scumhunt and go for lynches when I am sure they are not jester.

This game has an official set up? I truly didnt notice that.

:fpalm:

Serious question, do you ever read anything in a thread? It was mentioned in the Sign-up, in the rules, it's been talked about a few times in the game already even in reply to you...how do you miss something like that?

Also, you should never be worrying about Jester in normal games. I mean, this game is kinda okay since we know for sure it's possible, but it's going to be highly unlikely in other games.

For all of you who have less posts than the host, what are you even doing rn

Maybe other stuff besides paying attention to mafia 24/7? The game hasn't even been going on very long.

What do you want to say about funnier? That he hasn't posted as often as you might have expected him to? That it was maybe opportunistic for him to try to jump on my wagon so quickly? That the only thing that gets me through the day is the thought that, someday, I'll get to lynch him?

This. There's not really anything to say about funnier right now and no reason to focus on him. His vote was a rvs vote not much to that. Trust me, if funnier's scum it will probably become pretty apparent. And if he is Rubik will get his wish of getting to lynch him. Lol.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Town's goal should be to find scum.

Survival should never be your primary concern (it is mine, though, because I'm a survivor).
cool story bro, but right now I'm more concerned about surviving day and night 1 so I can be more helpful day 2

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
smh when minish is around I feel like I just can't have any fun
"stop calling people out for not posting, these nerds have a thing called a life u know"
k srry that pancake has actually posted 4x as much as hosts typically do within the first 4 hours jeez
"if funnier is scum, it'll be obvious"
I agree?
cool story bro, but right now I'm more concerned about surviving day and night 1 so I can be more helpful day 2
try not to say stuff like this; it looks suspicious.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
smh when minish is around I feel like I just can't have any fun
"stop calling people out for not posting, these nerds have a thing called a life u know"
k srry that pancake has actually posted 4x as much as hosts typically do within the first 4 hours jeez
"if funnier is scum, it'll be obvious"
I agree?
try not to say stuff like this; it looks suspicious.
you know whats suspicious? having 180 posts in a game during finals week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom