• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Stormageden would be a decent NK target for the vig tonight if not one-shot. Although Rubik himself suggested it (probably to stave it off, in a reverse psychology kind of way), I don't think vig should target Rubik; maybe if it were a lesser player, but he's good enough to be useful, and there's a small chance he'll be targeted by scum anyway.

And yeah, I don't recall ever seeing a game in which the survivor or similar third-party alone wins upon survival, and the description posted in the set-up explanation clearly indicates that other factions can win.

A survivor wins if they live

he can win with Town

he can win with Scum

He can win with third party

He can win alone

as long as he is alive. he wins

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Sometimes I wonder if YIGA got a role t
If there could be jester, survivor could have a different win con. Also, It's my excusr for everything because so truly believe in my heart that there

A- could be a jester
B- Would win the game as an indep (No one shall ever do that without playing one hell of a game or ever hopefully)

upload_2018-6-13_22-42-9.png

Survivor can't have a different wincon. This is a semi-open setup and the wording of the wincons is provided on the page provided by the mod.

I could be a jester—in which case you don't want to lynch me, you want to NK me or ignore me. Ignoring me is a good strategy if I'm survivor OR if I'm jester, in both cases it is beneficial.

If I'm SK or scum, lynching me is fine, but I'd like to think I wouldn't immediately claim survivor with either of those roles considering that there's a good chance I'll draw investigation (which is bad for scum) and if there appears to be an SK late game, I'm a top suspect because I've claimed self-aligned.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
When you think about it though, survivor is too boring without it being a winstealer, and a winstealer would be a much better role. That is why we do it. It is better. We don't do better only once
That sounds like a terrible design for a role, imo.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If there could be jester, survivor could have a different win con. Also, It's my excusr for everything because so truly believe in my heart that there

A- could be a jester
B- Would win the game as an indep (No one shall ever do that without playing one hell of a game or ever hopefully)

But like, Survivor definitely doesn't have that wincon dude. There is a setup used for this game. Pancake isn't going to provide a setup then change things about it all willy nilly. Jester is a part of the setup, it has no influence on the Suvivor's win-con.

Also, you can't always be scared of a Jester. That makes you ignore scummy people because "omg, they could be jester and we can't let them win".

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm hoping YIGA will just retract at this point, but I don't really expect it.

And yeah lol @winstealer survivor, town could be doing everything right in terms of scumhunting and still lose because some guy practically indistinguishable from town happened to be alive.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I, however, do understand that killing a survivor is low on the priority list, and now understand how uncommon it is to see a winstealer survivor, so I will eithdraw my vote with a smile on my face. I think I gor ehat I needed.

...also I let my guard down a moment and he could be jester... Something to think about.

Also just saying the wording can imply winstealing. "You win if any faction wins and you are still alive", as in you are the winner and you stole the win from the fsction

Lol, alright.
Does yiga do this "great plan" thing often? I'm starting to think yes. And I mean, last game it paid off so might as well see where it goes.
I do it a lot

But like, Survivor definitely doesn't have that wincon dude. There is a setup used for this game. Pancake isn't going to provide a setup then change things about it all willy nilly. Jester is a part of the setup, it has no influence on the Suvivor's win-con.

Also, you can't always be scared of a Jester. That makes you ignore scummy people because "omg, they could be jester and we can't let them win".
While true, I still scumhunt and go for lynches when I am sure they are not jester.

This game has an official set up? I truly didnt notice that.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
586d28e9-4fae-4a30-a209-3744fc89f639.png

Storm, you're doin just fine buddy.

For all of you who have less posts than the host, what are you even doing rn

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Although Rubik himself suggested it (probably to stave it off, in a reverse psychology kind of way), I don't think vig should target Rubik; maybe if it were a lesser player, but he's good enough to be useful, and there's a small chance he'll be targeted by scum anyway.
I appreciate the sentiment.

Generically speaking, however, I think vigging a claimed survivor N1 is a pretty decent move, though.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm hoping YIGA will just retract at this point, but I don't really expect it.

And yeah lol @winstealer survivor, town could be doing everything right in terms of scumhunting and still lose because some guy practically indistinguishable from town happened to be alive.
Think of some guy in the hunger games who did everything right but loses because of that one guy who just hid the whole game waiting. Yeah, he lost. Win stolen

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I appreciate the sentiment.

Generically speaking, however, I think vigging a claimed survivor N1 is a pretty decent move, though.
depends on the vigi. We don't really need to control the PRs every moves, but given the average vigi has a >rand chance of finding scum, it's better for them to shoot the counterwagon or their scum reads.

Why do I keep letting myself get sucked into mechanical discussion
GUYS. Funnier is the issue right now. Let's talk about him.

Just wondering, how do you check that?
you click on the post count next to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom