• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
You're different I mean. Like, you sound a little bit more cautious in your posts than normal, and you're asking more mechanical stuff instead of just memeing during RVS

I freakin hate RVS can we be done
wbich is why im not posting rn, sacrophyte

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Yeah, I could be imagining it, but I felt a sort of subconscious frustration with me revealing that I was survivor as an undertone of Funnier's post, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were some other self-aligned role that would be inconvenienced by the weakened ability to fake claim as survivor if investigated or a lyncher who is upset about the fact that the motivations behind people's wagons will be put to greater scrutiny given that their role is in the game.

Or I could be talking out of my ass and completely off base. Sort of feeling 50-50 on that.

funnier6

Courage~
Yeah, I could be imagining it, but I felt a sort of subconscious frustration with me revealing that I was survivor as an undertone of Funnier's post, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were some other self-aligned role that would be inconvenienced by the weakened ability to fake claim as survivor if investigated or a lyncher who is upset about the fact that the motivations behind people's wagons will be put to greater scrutiny given that their role is in the game.

Or I could be talking out of my ass and completely off base. Sort of feeling 50-50 on that.
At first I was thinking good grief I wasn’t annoyed at all and then I remembered I was annoyed by the first page and getting role claims to be allowed and then using it immediately so yeah there’s that. Was always gonna RVS you though.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion

this sounds like overanalysis, and I don't think funnier would have thought "oh, I can claim survivor!" upon receiving his role. But I really don't like this whole "oh it's RVS topkek u can't read 2 far into that"
That's not how I play, so let's get RVS done.

Vote: Funnier

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
At first I was thinking good grief I wasn’t annoyed at all and then I remembered I was annoyed by the first page and getting role claims to be allowed and then using it immediately so yeah there’s that. Was always gonna RVS you though.
That could explain it, I did also waste the role claim for the day. That should be mildly frustrating for a town player, in theory.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
this sounds like overanalysis, and I don't think funnier would have thought "oh, I can claim survivor!" upon receiving his role. But I really don't like this whole "oh it's RVS topkek u can't read 2 far into that"
That's not how I play, so let's get RVS done.

Vote: Funnier
Sometimes you can get good reads from players tilted by plays that make the game more difficult for them. I was assuming that it was the fact that I was claiming survivor that caused an undertone of frustration when in reality it was probably just the fact that I used up today's claim.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Much better.

-

USING UP THE ONLY ROLE CLAIM OF THE DAY BECAUSE I'M RUDE:

I'm a Survivor.

That means that there's a lyncher and a lynchee in the setup somewhere, idk where.

S = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee
SS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Hated Survivor
SSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Survivor
SSSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + Survivor + Hated Survivor
SSSSS = Lyncher + Hidden Lynchee + 2 Survivors

*Possible setups bolded.

I'll try to hunt scum until LyLo and at that point I'll just try to jump on whatever wagon will end the game the fastest because there's a decent chance I have the Hated mechanic and scum might just be able to win the game by wagoning me anyways. Might as well give them the option to go after someone else so we can win together. <3

Scum has no reason to NK/lynch me because I'm vanilla and I don't really care that much who else wins.

Town has no reason to lynch me because I'm not scum and I'm going to give scumhunting a shot early game. If town has a Vig ability, I'm not a bad target if you want to be safe about my role.
Very safe claim. Also, there is reason to kill you

I'm guessing rubik is an independent third party?
If so, there's literally NO reason to kill him- he's good, and he can help us find scum. No reason for him to fake the claim, so I think he's serious about it. If his win is non-overriding, we can just safely ignore him. Everyone who voted for him should probably be scrutinized. On ZD this means they're probably town.
Krow is giving me a sharp contrast from last game, where he was less engaged and more inclined to follow a wayward tracker. Could be due to replace, but he's actually thinking about the game, which shows effort. Towny so far.

Funnier is scum.
There is reason to kill a Survivor. Not only should a 3rd party character never win (without playing their heart out. Less so as a Survivor brcause of the easy win con), but also because possibly, the survivor is the only winner if they live (the way I am used to it)

Also, you could be scum, but you are almost certainly not town (unless you are a power role and wish to avoid bring killed).

Vote Rubik

Hi everyone. Nice of you to stop by.

Kirino

Tatakae
I agree that Rubik's claim is believable and that he shouldn't be lynched.
You're different I mean. Like, you sound a little bit more cautious in your posts than normal, and you're asking more mechanical stuff instead of just memeing during RVS
Funnier being calmer or more careful would definitely be a scumtell, but I think it's too early to judge, as I don't notice a significant difference between his current posts and his posts on the first few pages of Bee Mafia. He is asking more mechanical questions, but it makes sense given Rubik's immediate survivor claim and the following discussion, so I see nothing unusual about it.
wbich is why im not posting rn, sacrophyte

The way to get out of RVS is by initiating discussion, rather than just sitting in the background and hoping it goes away. With Rubik's claim and the current talk around funnier, it's not like there's nothing to discuss.

Also, I think you meant to say "saprophyte."

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
ok, even if the survivor is the solo winner if they're killed, offing him this early is a bad idea- we know he's a survivor, so it's not solving anything and it's certainly not scum hunting. Just some constructive criticism for you here- voting rubik right now just isn't a good strategy, even if you think he could be fake claiming. This came up a bit last game, but wolves are the most pressing concern when none are dead. After we've killed the first one, it gets much harder for wolves to win, so we can start weeding out the third parties.

But we absolutely SHOULD NOT even consider killing rubik today. It's a -EV play.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I agree that Rubik's claim is believable and that he shouldn't be lynched.

Funnier being calmer or more careful would definitely be a scumtell, but I think it's too early to judge, as I don't notice a significant difference between his current posts and his posts on the first few pages of Bee Mafia. He is asking more mechanical questions, but it makes sense given Rubik's immediate survivor claim and the following discussion, so I see nothing unusual about it.

The way to get out of RVS is by initiating discussion, rather than just sitting in the background and hoping it goes away. With Rubik's claim and the current talk around funnier, it's not like there's nothing to discuss.

Also, I think you meant to say "saprophyte."
thank you, Kirino

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Very safe claim. Also, there is reason to kill you

There is reason to kill a Survivor. Not only should a 3rd party character never win (without playing their heart out. Less so as a Survivor brcause of the easy win con), but also because possibly, the survivor is the only winner if they live (the way I am used to it)

Also, you could be scum, but you are almost certainly not town (unless you are a power role and wish to avoid bring killed).

Vote Rubik

Hi everyone. Nice of you to stop by.

Unvote

Vote: YIGAhim

I've literally never seen a survivor who is the only winner if they live. I invite you to show me literally any example of a game on this forum where the survivor's role was worded in a way that forced them to win alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom