• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Pronounce "Bokoblin?"

How do you prounounce that noise???

• Bokoblin (like goblin)

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Bokoblin (like cocoa)

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
So, I've been wondering about this for a little while now, as I've heard various different ways people pronounce it. I've always called them "bo-cob-lins," sort of like how one would say "goblin" or how "moblin" is pronounced (at least I hope that is how moblin is pronounced), but recently, I've heard a few people called them "bo-co-blins," so the "co" in this case would be pronounced like it is in the word "cocoa" or "coke."

Anyway, how do you pronounce the name of these boko baka boys?

175px-Bokoblin.jpg

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I say boko as Bow-co. However like I said before, I pronounce bokoblin bah cah blin or bow cah blin

As I've gotten to see more and more of them throughout the series, I've found that I stress the syllables differently now than I used to. You'd think that wouldn't happen, but I think aloud while gaming sometimes, so saying bokoblin enough eventually made boh-koh-blin change into bo'kah'blin. It's technically not a different pronunciation, though. It's a matter of stress and speed on the syllables. The way I say it now, the first two syllables are very short and the last one is stressed, whereas before, they were all stressed about equally. :goron:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I used to say it the wrong way until I found the PROPER (tm) pronunciation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom