• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I guess my initial reasoning wasn’t clear enough so I’ll try to explain it again. My vote on LG was half a pressure vote as he soft claimed D1 and hasn’t said anything since. Half of it was because I thought it was a really safe claim as I never heard of the role. I don’t remember playing a game with such role and I’ve never played on bulba or played any of Pen’s games so I wasn’t aware of how popular or a role it was. I just wanted a reaction from him and I see no point of FoSing.when mez brought light to the situation, however, I found it pointless to keep going on with it. Krow also threw me off by softclaiming cop and saying he was convinced LG and funnier were scum leading me to believe he read guilty on both. Still makes no sense to me why he didn’t point out funnier earlier if he got a guilty read on them.

This 2 SKs thing makes no sense, especially one sided with town. I don’t see why one would be alone and one be with town if they are third party roles that obviously read as scum to the cop. Then again don’t know why the vig would rando shot Thar.

funnier6

Courage~
funnier, what is it that makes you so confident that there's a second SK in the game? Does it have to do with your role, or is it just based on a hunch? It would be helpful to know, because most of the people in this game who speak anime seem to believe it's a Vig, based on the character flavour, and I'm willing to trust their judgment. Having two independent killers in a game on top of the mafia seems OP to me.

At this point, I am not feeling inclined to trust funnier. No matter how pro-town they may say they are, SK's are ultimately independent, and can very easily turn the game in their favour at any time if it starts looking like the end result may change. When it comes down to it, fulfilling their wincon is all that matters to them, and if that means they have to help the mafia win, that is what they will do. I am extremely hesitant to trust SK's, especially when this one's first kill in the game was a townie. It means he's reckless, not caring about who dies and why. funnier, if you are really "pro-town", you wouldn't have killed Deku night 1 with the ludicrous reasoning that you did. I'll leave you alone for now, because we don't need to lynch the SK since keeping you alive means the Mafia almost have no choice but to target you tonight, which could potentially save a townie from dying at night. At least if we leave you alone today, we have a chance at killing mafia today.

However, I am still feeling unsure about Krow. Something still doesn't sit right with me on how he pretended to read funnier, just to claim only one or two posts later. His first post as a replacement was stating disbelief of LG's claim, and then in his reads list, LG was his only scum lean. But then, immediately after, he reveals the funnier-SK thing and places his vote on funnier. Why not vote for your scum lean? We don't need to lynch the SK, the mafia and/or vig will kill him at night if they're smart, and there are pretty much guaranteed to be roleblockers in this game. Hell, not lynching funnier today could even save us from losing a townie during the night phase. idk, it just seems weird and inconsistent, and his reasoning for the scum lean on LG is extremely easy. Also, role cop is an NAI role, and I more often see it as a Mafia role than a Town role, at least on this site.

Speaking of LG, I'm not fond of Ayano's vote on him either. I, among others, have explained several times in this thread why his claim should be trusted. There's very little reason not to trust it. Ayano has been looking pretty townie for me throughout most of the game, but that vote stood out to me.

The last thing I want to bring up is Minish's funnier vote and then subsequent unvote. Her reasoning seems fair enough, but if you're worried about piling votes on someone before they have a chance to say their piece, then why vote in the first place? It seemed a bit opportunistic and the unvote almost seems panicky.

I'm sure I'm forgetting or leaving out something. It's been a really long day and I'm tired af and I need to sleep so goodnight fam. In fact I know there was at least one other thing I wanted to say, but with my brain about ready to die and my body ready to shut down, I can't remember for the life of me. It'll come back to me later, hopefully.
Mez, I literally answered that like in my last post, it has everything to do with my role and nothing to do with a hunch. Maybe that’s why I have the option to win with town? Doesn’t really seem OP if there isn’t a vig.

Don’t be such a drama queen Mez, I’ve killed less town than the other SK. Why would helping the mafia help me? I’m not a survivor, I either win by myself or with town. Honestly Mez, I’m just not the backstabbing type, you know how I always screw up lying to people and die. I may remind you that in avatar mafia the SK won with town.

You didn’t notice the soft day 2? I’m inclined to believe he’s the real deal.

So then Mr I’m totally not the other SK, do you have any thoughts on who the other one might be?
Yeah they need to survive, which can be done with either side. It's kinda similar to my survivor claim in OoT mafia, hr can easily stab town if it will favour you and I won't take that risk.

Vote: funnier6

Honestly, I'm surprised people aren't voting him after a SK claim

Justifying this by me being an SK does not make this feel any less OMGUS.

Pen

The game is on!
Fair warning, I'm going to be finishing up the sale on the house in 30 minutes, then I will be flying to Boston, so I will be away for a day or so until I get the computer setup. I apologize in advance for my absence.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Since Krow & Minish brought up this possibility, is it possibile for a Roleblocker to block kills here? On Bulba, it usually just blocks the role but not the factional kills.
This is a possibility. Seeing as the Doctor was mistakenly lynched, either there's a two-way Roleblocker dealio, or the Mafia and Serial Killer targeted someone with a bulletproof ability, just as planned. Although that wouldn't make the SK look good since he targeted someone who softed Cop.

...So funnier, did you try to shoot Maniacal Engineer last Night? Need a reads list and thought processes pls an tnx.

Also, Diary Serial Killer might just be his rolename. The rest of the roles had nicknames pertaining to the series that they're from, and Yuno was a serial killer in her series. In Mirai Nikki, everyone was given phones that gave the users warnings about future events; I don't know if that has any bearing on funnier's killing role, but it's most likely just part of his name.

Seems a bit inconsistent to me. Like at first he was unsure whether he should post the result he got on funnier, and so he gave him a null read, but then suddenly changed his mind and gave the result? That's a super important result, why not share it right away? Why just give him a false read to cover it up first?
Just going by this, I agree that Krow's input was flipfloppy and I think that you're someone who can be trusted. What stood out to me even more is that he apparently has a Role Cop ability and used that to apparently find out funnier's role. In contrast, NekoLily didn't seem to give away any clues on her results when she was playing, but I'll have to ISO her posts just to be certain about that. Whatever the case the Role Cop is usually aligned with the Mafia so I'm wary about planting seeds around funnier (which is a different case entirely).

This 2 SKs thing makes no sense, especially one sided with town. I don’t see why one would be alone and one be with town if they are third party roles that obviously read as scum to the cop. Then again don’t know why the vig would rando shot Thar.
That's easy. It's because I gave their identity away so they probably saw me as a threat or in the very least thought I had an informational role that could discern their series alignment or something. But all I did was examine the flavor text to come up with Light's involvement like a true weeb. :nerd:

funnier6

Courage~
This is a possibility. Seeing as the Doctor was mistakenly lynched, either there's a two-way Roleblocker dealio, or the Mafia and Serial Killer targeted someone with a bulletproof ability, just as planned. Although that wouldn't make the SK look good since he targeted someone who softed Cop.

...So funnier, did you try to shoot Maniacal Engineer last Night? Need a reads list and thought processes pls an tnx.

Also, Diary Serial Killer might just be his rolename. The rest of the roles had nicknames pertaining to the series that they're from, and Yuno was a serial killer in her series. In Mirai Nikki, everyone was given phones that gave the users warnings about future events; I don't know if that has any bearing on funnier's killing role, but it's most likely just part of his name.

Just going by this, I agree that Krow's input was flipfloppy and I think that you're someone who can be trusted. What stood out to me even more is that he apparently has a Role Cop ability and used that to apparently find out funnier's role. In contrast, NekoLily didn't seem to give away any clues on her results when she was playing, but I'll have to ISO her posts just to be certain about that. Whatever the case the Role Cop is usually aligned with the Mafia so I'm wary about planting seeds around funnier (which is a different case entirely).

That's easy. It's because I gave their identity away so they probably saw me as a threat or in the very least thought I had an informational role that could discern their series alignment or something. But all I did was examine the flavor text to come up with Light's involvement like a true weeb. :nerd:
...What? The first paragraph implies you read that I tried to shoot krow but the second implies you didn’t read that after all? And the third answers a question I already answered. So... might wanna read my posts again?

Actually I’m pretty sure she softed who she checked night one.

Idk about any of that, it was getting quite obvious you were a mason as the day went on so I don’t think a vig would’ve shot you no matter how much flavor you deciphered.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
...What? The first paragraph implies you read that I tried to shoot krow but the second implies you didn’t read that after all? And the third answers a question I already answered. So... might wanna read my posts again?

Actually I’m pretty sure she softed who she checked night one.

Idk about any of that, it was getting quite obvious you were a mason as the day went on so I don’t think a vig would’ve shot you no matter how much flavor you deciphered.
I never said anything about you shooting Krow. But did you try to shoot Maniacal Engineer knowing full well that he and I were partners? If so, why? Admitting that ME2 might have been a Mason but then attempting to shoot him shows that you don't have the Town's best interests in mind.

funnier6

Courage~
I never said anything about you shooting Krow. But did you try to shoot Maniacal Engineer knowing full well that he and I were partners? If so, why? Admitting that ME2 might have been a Mason but then attempting to shoot him shows that you don't have the Town's best interests in mind.

I already said I tried to shoot krow but was roleblocked.

funnier6

Courage~
Well I didn’t hear any objections so I’m the Diary Serial Killer. I find it important to claim not just because I can clear up a bit of the night actions but because I think it’s important that everyone should know that there is in fact a second serial killer in the game. There’s a pretty good chance that one needs to die for town to win, considering I can win with the town if they win. This also leads to believe that there most likely isn’t a vig or if there is it’s x shot.

I killed deku night 1 as everyone immediately suspected (GRRRR) kind of surprised no one entertained the possibility I might’ve been framed. Anyways as you could see on day 1 I was really frustrated cause I didn’t have any scum reads, which made me really conflicted on who to shoot so I just shot who most wanted to kill me which happened to be deku. :sweat:

I believe I was role blocked night 2, being the person I tried to kill was krow and I highly doubt he’s the godfather or bulletproof. I had noticed the soft claim, (I’m pretty positive there was a soft day 2 anyway) but my only alternative was to shoot replacements and I had already decided shooting replacements I could barely get a read on was a bad idea. I thought hard about shooting Minish instead but I couldn’t make myself do it. Killing roles suck, I just wanna be a cop. >_< I didn’t kill the lovers this time though so that’s good.

Tbh it would not surprise me at all if Minish is scum but that might just be paranoia since I thought hard about shooting zachie too and changed my mind.

Updating my reads list so I can get my thoughts in order.

Town:

Kylo-

LG-

Bok-

Krow- there’s a lot of reasons to have him here, he’s obviously telling the truth and therefore has quite an easily counterclaimable role, I very much doubt he’s scum.

Mez- He’s the best candidate for the other SK imo. Most of my reasoning is very deep in paranoia and reading into night kills but I do think that there is a very small chance of anyone else deciding to shoot zachie. I highly doubt he’s mafia though.

Null:

Minish- I remember you talked with krow a bit this phase but besides that I still haven’t really seen town Minish since you subbed back in and it unsettles me a bit.

@Pika_pika42 @Lone_Garurumon @YIGAhim @Libk @TattooArtist I can’t remember if you have given thoughts recently, if you haven’t please give and if you have please quote. Mostly talking to Pika and Yiga. Dunno why everyone wants to be so quiet.

Darth- out of everyone not on my town list he seems the way to go, I’ve already said a few times but I think being he’s been in the game the entire time and has failed to do anything towny past his first five posts he definitely deserved pressure at least.

My night kill is your night kill btw, use it wisely.
@All Might for your convenience~

D

Deleted member 14134

Like I said, I've been skimming through but why can't Krow be a bulletproof mafia member that got tipped off from a scumbud who's a rolecop that funnier is the SK?

funnier6

Courage~
That puts things at ease. Why did you target Lily/Krow though.
I explained that in that post too, I didn’t want to shoot the replacements since I haven’t had a chance to read them and I’m town reading almost everyone else.
Like I said, I've been skimming through but why can't Krow be a bulletproof mafia member that got tipped off from a scumbud who's a rolecop that funnier is the SK?
This is a role madness game though, it would be super risky for mafia to claim role cop when not only is it NAI but it also is likely that in a role madness game of twenty players there’s a town role cop. I also don’t think she would’ve softed day two since it’s highly unlikely this was all planned in advance. So with that in mind it’s way risky for a godfather to do that cause if it does get counterclaimed then they’ve just lost the most important member of their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom