• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sherlock Mafia: The Game Is On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I agree with Deku. I'll dig more into the posts but it's pretty tough to do on mobile alone but my only guess right now is that mafia wanted to go after one of the more active players this time around and perhaps they targeted her since IIRC she was the first to bring up "good roles". Perhaps the mafia targeted her because of that. I'll check back and confirm when I have access to my pc again and make a more thought out post.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Interesting. Like some have brought up before me, I'm not sure why Minish_Link was chosen. Maybe because they weren't active early on, and would be a fairly inconspicuous night kill? I don't know, just a thought. They didn't really do much that would pose a threat to the Mafia.

Mido

Version 1
Interesting choice of Nightkill. I didn't see anything that stood out about Minish that may make her seem like a threat, but that could be why the mafia decided to kill her, to throw us off. Aside from her, the only other person that voted for Din was Mido, but I don't see that as a suspicious move because by the time the day was over, it was the best move to make.

I'm gonna take a quick skim back through the thread and see if I can find anything else.

It may be a bit late to ask given that Din was lynched, but I recall you mentioning before day's end that you had a negative opinion of the lynch direction. Not that it was the best move, however, but what made you skeptical of the lynch?

Interesting. Like some have brought up before me, I'm not sure why Minish_Link was chosen. Maybe because they weren't active early on, and would be a fairly inconspicuous night kill? I don't know, just a thought. They didn't really do much that would pose a threat to the Mafia.

I suppose there could have been more high-profile targets, but at the same time, Minish_Link's play was pro-town as she was behaving inquisitively. Cautious, but willing to have backup plans in any case, which was good. Either way, it's tough to gauge anything from her death at first glance.

Mido

Version 1
One thing that bugged me a bit about yesterday's lynch is that I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity. It would have made for an easy lynch for the Mafia to secure of any of the members jumped on the wagon; however, it seems none did. I have to give it to the scum team this round; that was a good move. What do the rest of you think about this phenomenon?

Moonstone

I think it's possible one member of the mafia was able to tip the vote and the rest of the team didn't feel the need to pile on afterward.

But it could also be that the mafia didn't want to look suspicious on day 2 and kept their head down.

I'm not sure which I think is more likely yet. Probably the latter.

Mido

Version 1
I think it's possible one member of the mafia was able to tip the vote and the rest of the team didn't feel the need to pile on afterward.

But it could also be that the mafia didn't want to look suspicious on day 2 and kept their head down.

I'm not sure which I think is more likely yet. Probably the latter.

I'm more inclined to think the latter as well, especially since the former in this circumstance relies on myself being scum! :eek: Either way, the Mafia made a safe and smart move, leaving us back at square one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It may be a bit late to ask given that Din was lynched, but I recall you mentioning before day's end that you had a negative opinion of the lynch direction. Not that it was the best move, however, but what made you skeptical of the lynch?
I'm just not a huge fan of killing people because they're going to be modkilled in general, as I find it's sort of an easy way out, in a sense. Of course, this is coming from someone who didn't propose much of an alternative haha, but to be fair I have been quite busy lately. I only really support it when it's the end of the day and nothing else is going to happen, which was the case yesterday. Most mods grant a little bit of leniency on Day 1, so it wasn't 100% certain that there would have been a modkill.

One thing that bugged me a bit about yesterday's lynch is that I personally expected more players to jump on such a lynch given the easy opportunity. It would have made for an easy lynch for the Mafia to secure of any of the members jumped on the wagon; however, it seems none did. I have to give it to the scum team this round; that was a good move. What do the rest of you think about this phenomenon?
I do find it interesting that you bring this up though, considering you were involved with the lynch yourself. I can't help but think that maybe there being no scum on the lynch is only what you want us to think?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I can't help but think that maybe there being no scum on the lynch is only what you want us to think?
Either that or mafia wants us to think that Mido is mafia. A lot of WIFOM if we really want to get into this argument. For now I say we just watch Mido but I'm not too suspicious.

I'm going to look at the other votes.

Moonstone

Ok I was right. Minish was the first to bring up the roles. I imagine that and her careful yet still analytical posts made her a prime target for the mafia. They probably killed her due to thinking her role would be very useful against them. I'm not really sure what a watcher is but I imagine it's similar to the lookout role in Town of Salem. For @karu a lookout sees who visited their target at night. If her target had died we would have had a strong lead on who is mafia.

It also looks like we don't have a 3rd party killing role, which is great, but they could've chosen not to attack anyone at night. I don't know much about the show so I'm not sure if anyone would fit with a serial killer role. I have to imagine in a detective show there are lots of potential killers so it's still a possibility.

As for who I think is suspicious, I'm kinda leaning Mido. I was a little suspicious of him Day 1 too. I'll see what everyone else has to say before placing a vote today.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
As for who I think is suspicious, I'm kinda leaning Mido. I was a little suspicious of him Day 1 too. I'll see what everyone else has to say before placing a vote today.

While Mido is a Good choice of Suspicion, lets not go in there just yet and run the whole Gambit of People before putting our egg in the Most obvious basket of all time.

so I'm going to run down my list I have here ( no peeking you guys) and ask a few questions

@DekuNut How do you feel about Moony or Tristan

@Tristan on a scale of 1-10 how certain are you on Mido's suspicion? Is Moonstone high or low on your list?

@Mido How is Deku reading for you right now?

@Doc Where are you? we need you

@Johnny Sooshi you're a veteran here. anyone popping out at you?

@Moonstone is Tristan a viable option in your case

@karu This is what we call the interrogative phase of the game where we drill into eachother ( some people drill harder, but that's how it goes). so feel free to ask non aggressive questions towards everyone

@Ver-go-a-go-go [If I could edit, i'd say VerGAGG but still] How do you feel about Doc or Toxic Snowman?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well Storm...
Moony is the person I feel most confident about coming into today. She's been active and I feel like she's been playing mostly pro-town.
Tristan I'm also feeling somewhat good about. He's been quieter though, so I don't have as strong a read on him. I'll go more into detail on this later - I should be home this afternoon.

Moonstone

@Moonstone is Tristan a viable option in your case

Everyone at this point is a viable option to me. Other than maybe Dekunut because he's been very active so far and pushing for conversation, I feel about the same about everyone.

My top suspicion on Mido is simply due to his weird comment on the first day that I already pointed out and for tipping the lynch on an inactive player. But I do have mixed feelings about him being on the lynch. I think it could've been a set up. Like the previous game I feel if Din were mafia the mafia would've jumped on the vote to make themselves look good. Mido drew a target on himself by tipping the vote which I don't think most mafia would do. However, maybe he did place the vote to off a townie easily and use the target to get people to think what I just said previously - that a mafia member wouldn't paint a target on themselves like that.

Karu could be mafia due to her getting defensive at the start of yesterday, but she's also very new which could explain that.

Doc I'm pretty suspicious of because he was extremely quiet Day 1 and in my past experiences with him he was always quite active.

Tristan I'm slightly suspicious of but like Mido I can also see how what he's doing is town aligned.

Toxic Snowman, Johnny Sooshi, and Vergo are all completely neutral to me.

I'm leaning more toward town for Dekunut and Storm. Both have been very active in the game and Storm is being very different from his last game in which he was mafia.

Of course most of this is just my gut feeling.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Johnny Sooshi you're a veteran here. anyone popping out at you?

I've been looking things over and I have a few thoughts in general and a couple of budding suspicions.

First of all, we have a Watcher who died. The inclusion of a watcher in this game, coupled with the fact that it's role madness game is basically a tell of two things:

1) There is most likely a Tracker
2) There is most likely a Ninja on the mafia side.

These are very niche roles. The inclusion of a Watcher and/or Tracker without a Ninja would give the Town a larger advantage overall. Additionally Watchers tend to be a little less underpowered than Trackers. In general, It would make sense to assume the other two roles based on the first.

Now, my suspicions. I have two at the moment. Mido is definitely a good option because he did tip the lynch we had yesterday. However, if he was scum, it wouldn't make sense to then kill off the only other person on the wagon. Unless of course he wanted to throw more confusion into the mix. On the other end of the spectrum I have Moonstone who seems scummy if Mido is innocent. Of course pushing on false pretenses isn't scummy, but I personally feel as though the spectrum is polarized in this situation. I'm gonna try to look through a little more and see if I can figure anything else out.

Moonstone

Now, my suspicions. I have two at the moment. Mido is definitely a good option because he did tip the lynch we had yesterday. However, if he was scum, it wouldn't make sense to then kill off the only other person on the wagon. Unless of course he wanted to throw more confusion into the mix. On the other end of the spectrum I have Moonstone who seems scummy if Mido is innocent. Of course pushing on false pretenses isn't scummy, but I personally feel as though the spectrum is polarized in this situation. I'm gonna try to look through a little more and see if I can figure anything else out.

If Mido is actually innocent do you plan to hold it against me no matter what or are you still open minded? I think I've been very fair in my assessment of him. To be fair, his activity is a little suspicious.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
nobody is going to hold it against you if Mido flips Town. Mido has been Mafia in Most games this year, and appearently most in years previous. it's more of a known fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom