• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The Most Difficult Video Game Boss/Section/Level/Etc To You?

Misty

Ronin
I would say Kingdom Hearts 1 produced the most for me:

That sand boss heartless who opens up after you complete the game probably took me like...a month to beat. I was constantly crafting new approaches and theories to defeating him.

The second fight with Riku once he's become Ansem was a fraught two weeks mostly from poor luck. (Grandparents and mum constantly blocking television to ask poor, injured me a series of inane and frankly stupid questions.)

I've never beat Sepiroth in that game, but my god did I try for like a month.

As far as other notables, the end boss for protoype can eat a dick. I spent like two straight days and finally called it quits because **** fighting on a timer.

I've found a lot of games upsetting (The bioshock others have mentioned being a prime example.) The thing is, I tend to play better and far more cautiously out of fear than I would if I weren't terrified and when I'm surprised, I don't freeze up so much as heap loads of pain on whatever has jumped me. That said, I don't seek many games like this out because having chest pain and light headedness from a game isn't really my MO. I'll only go for Bioshock because I find them philosophically interesting.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I would say Kingdom Hearts 1 produced the most for me:

That sand boss heartless who opens up after you complete the game probably took me like...a month to beat. I was constantly crafting new approaches and theories to defeating him.

The second fight with Riku once he's become Ansem was a fraught two weeks mostly from poor luck. (Grandparents and mum constantly blocking television to ask poor, injured me a series of inane and frankly stupid questions.)

I've never beat Sepiroth in that game, but my god did I try for like a month.

As far as other notables, the end boss for protoype can eat a dick. I spent like two straight days and finally called it quits because **** fighting on a timer.

I've found a lot of games upsetting (The bioshock others have mentioned being a prime example.) The thing is, I tend to play better and far more cautiously out of fear than I would if I weren't terrified and when I'm surprised, I don't freeze up so much as heap loads of pain on whatever has jumped me. That said, I don't seek many games like this out because having chest pain and light headedness from a game isn't really my MO. I'll only go for Bioshock because I find them philosophically interesting.

That damned chameleon heartless in KH1 stopped me for a month or two, then it was follwed by Riku in Hollow Bastion, then Ansem and then KHII it was most of OrgXIII damn KH had a plethora of toughies. (this isn't mentioning sephiroth cuz goddamned he's a superboss)

Misty

Ronin
That damned chameleon heartless in KH1 stopped me for a month or two, then it was follwed by Riku in Hollow Bastion, then Ansem and then KHII it was most of OrgXIII damn KH had a plethora of toughies. (this isn't mentioning sephiroth cuz goddamned he's a superboss)

Yeah, I mean, talk about flitting all over in terms of difficulty. I prefer a steady hike, not "wow, this is easy" and then "ZOMG, HOW DOES IT EVEN WHATTTT?" and then back. That ridiculous clock boss in never land after you beat the game is another example of just downright ludicrous bosses. I like bosses I have to figure out how to beat, but the answer should be possible to deduce without a strategy guide and those were the days of less easily accessed internet information too! ( I mean for me. I was playing them when they first came out. Younger members may think I'm a crazy lady.)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, I mean, talk about flitting all over in terms of difficulty. I prefer a steady hike, not "wow, this is easy" and then "ZOMG, HOW DOES IT EVEN WHATTTT?" and then back. That ridiculous clock boss in never land after you beat the game is another example of just downright ludicrous bosses. I like bosses I have to figure out how to beat, but the answer should be possible to deduce without a strategy guide and those were the days of less easily accessed internet information too! ( I mean for me. I was playing them when they first came out. Younger members may think I'm a crazy lady.)

Lol this so much, it irked me so much when you knew what you had to do but not how, it still does in KH, the 2nd game is notorious for me cuz of of curve balls. Though i will say back when the internet wasn't really all that there for guides OOT was the one game the entire family had hell with.... guess which temple for a cookie, too late the damn forest temple, none of us back then could figure out the ghost portraits or the puzzles.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ah these might ring bells for those who played the original spyro trilogy, those freaking races, time trials and skateboard challenges, to this day i still haven't 1000% completed year of the dragon because of the skateboard stages, the others yes as i learned those races but god damn skateboarding on a precipice.

Misty

Ronin
Lol this so much, it irked me so much when you knew what you had to do but not how, it still does in KH, the 2nd game is notorious for me cuz of of curve balls. Though i will say back when the internet wasn't really all that there for guides OOT was the one game the entire family had hell with.... guess which temple for a cookie, too late the damn forest temple, none of us back then could figure out the ghost portraits or the puzzles.

Yeah, I mean, I also disliked KH2 a lot because it felt very button mashy and the story seemed like William Burroughs assembled it on his floor.

Oot, Hahaha, wow, exact opposite for my family. We all breezed through the ghost temple nbd, and each of us got caught on the water temple for varying lengths of time because who checks behind waterfalls for the last key? (Literally, stopped me completing that game for nearly a decade.)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, I mean, I also disliked KH2 a lot because it felt very button mashy and the story seemed like William Burroughs assembled it on his floor.

Oot, Hahaha, wow, exact opposite for my family. We all breezed through the ghost temple nbd, and each of us got caught on the water temple for varying lengths of time because who checks behind waterfalls for the last key? (Literally, stopped me completing that game for nearly a decade.)

Funny enough Water Temple seemed straight forward damned Shadow Temple and SPirit at the time did nail us, and i never learned about the fairy fountain inside G-dorfs castle til rather recently

Also gotta had Banjo and Kazooie to the list, never completed it due to it's difficulty and my disinterest. (this was like 10 years ago now)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Funny enough Water Temple seemed straight forward damned Shadow Temple and SPirit at the time did nail us, and i never learned about the fairy fountain inside G-dorfs castle til rather recently

Also gotta had Banjo and Kazooie to the list, never completed it due to it's difficulty and my disinterest. (this was like 10 years ago now)
I still haven't completed Banjo Kazooie. The last boss is just horribly diffcult. The sequel was easier for me. A better game too I found.

Misty

Ronin

Wow, yeah, I mean I didn't like the shadow temple because creepy, and I found the Spirit one annoying...but water literally stuck me. I still don't know about that fountain.

I still haven't completed Banjo Kazooie.

Living humans have not completed that game...don't feel bad.

Reactions: Dio
primal dialga from mystery dungeon explorers of darkness, much harder when you have a pikachu and treeko. you also have to do the temporal tower all over again if you fail, which is full of brutal enemies.

Salem

SICK
Oh God, I remembered something else, this fugly thing is the hardest boss faced in Onimusha 2.
67782014_Juju.png

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
dark-souls-3-the-nameless-king-1.jpg.optimal.jpg

The Nameless King from Dark Souls 3.

Commonly regarded as the difficult boss in the game, he is entirely optional, and should only be fought if you hate yourself. Two phases with two separate health bars and attacks that will drop you after only a moment's notice. **** him and his huge scarf.

Hmmm... I'm sure there are quite a few retro games that I played as a kid that frustrated me, but off the top of my head, I'd have to say the hardest 2 were Emerald Weapon in FF7 (before I found out there was the underwater materia or KotR etc.), I defeated him shortly after the first time you could fight him (albeit I was grinding for quite awhile!), it was an intense battle and I beat him JUST before the time ran out!

But the #1 "Worst Boss Fight Ever" though was defeating the Killalon boss at the end of the secret dungeon in the DLC of Lost Odyssey... not only could he easily wipe your entire party out if you didn't know what to expect (and who would've expected all of THAT?!), and could likely do it even if you DID know what to expect, but you also had to go through 25 grueling levels of dungeon without the possibility of a save point!! So even if you went through all the levels, got what you needed to fight him, and then exited the place and saved it, you STILL had to go back through 25 levels again to face him! I just HAPPENED to be attempting to level up some of the things that I had found in the dungeon on my first try and somehow miraculously pulled off defeating him. It came down to literally the last possible hit I think as I was running out of items to use and only had 1 guy left alive (after one of the most intense and nerve-wracking battles trying to keep people alive AND do enough damage to him) and I actually did a dance after I defeated him and was totally surprised it wasn't the game over screen I was looking at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom