• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dollhouse mafia: Did that thing just stare back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I feel really good about Mido and Tristan. Storm looked like he might be the policy lynch until the very end of Day 1, and they decided to vote for Linkdude over Storm. I was looking over the inactives at the time, and there was no reason for them to bus Libk so early if they were mafiosos. They very well could have suggested another inactive like Viral did.

Storm is another player I am fairly certain is town. He played a more calculated game and didn't try anything crazy until Day 3 in Lineages when he was scum. Plus, Linkdude was one of the strongest advocates of his lynch early on.

Jamie is a slightly weaker town read for me at this point, but he's playing like town Jamie usually does. He had a clear analysis of the set-up, and he tried to offer genuine advice to newer players about when to shoot or holster as puppetmaster. Linkdude tried to throw some shade on him before dying, which further boosts Jamie's town credibility.

This leaves Viral, Deku, and Johnny as my primary mafia suspects. Koki may have accidentally spewed that there are three mafia in this set-up because he mentioned a hypothetical scenario with six townies in one of his earlier posts. That would make sense if the mafia lack a factional kill. In that case, we'd have a two thirds chance of hitting scum among these three.

If I had to rank them, I'd put Viral > Johnny > Deku in order of scumminess. I do not like how Viral tried to deflect suspicion from Linkdude onto Deku. Johnny's thoughts about the scum set-up in this game largely echoed Linkdude's. Deku I feel less strongly about, especially since he posted a ton when he was mafia in Revival, but I'm a bit uneasy at his lack of engagement.

Right now, I think Viral's flip would give us the most information.

Vote: Viral Maze

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The day just started and you're already talking about my flip?
Are you going to turn on confirmation bias and tunnel me to hell?

You're playing very similar to how you played in TF2 Mafia where you constantly asked people for suspicions while only going for the safe lynches. You unvoted Storm pretty early, which is something you also did in TF2. As with Libk, I'm not entirely sold on your scuminess, but I feel pretty good given your interactions with Linkdude and your general posting style.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
You're looking at the things I did, which is fine, but you're not asking the right questions. You're painting my actions with a scummy brush, rather than trying to discern if it was a scum move or a townie.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
ALIT, give Raj the benefit of the doubt. I do agree with Deku possibly being scum, but i see Jamie and not Johnny as possible. While you are 5th as likely on my list.(working my list magic, be back anon)

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
STORMS NIGHT 2 LIST
Tristan-The Sloth Formerly known as Cthulu
ALIT
Johnny Sooshi
Mido
LD74-Evil
Verbal Mars
Storm
Jamie
Deku

Coloring aside: scum to town list
Jamie
Deku
Mido
Johnny
ALIT
Verbal
Tristan

Now because nothing happened last night we can assume either
a)Somebody didn't like that a kill could happen unaverted, meaning that they protected probably themselves and did not kill
b)LD74 was the Puppetmaster for Night 1
c) somebody didn't know they were puppetmaster, so they did not act at all

so now the question is: who to trust, who to lynch, and who to spare

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I think we should discuss whether the puppet master should come out and confirm their actions. I'm in favor of them revealing themselves but not necessarily their actions.

Also, I don't wanna vote yet until some others come in and share their opinions. Yes, we have a short day, but we don't need to necessarily rush to a lynch 5 hours in.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I agree with Johnny. I think the puppet master should come out and claim they were puppet master but not who they targeted, especially who they targeted for tonight's protection.

Mido

Version 1
If I had to rank them, I'd put Viral > Johnny > Deku in order of scumminess. I do not like how Viral tried to deflect suspicion from Linkdude onto Deku. Johnny's thoughts about the scum set-up in this game largely echoed Linkdude's. Deku I feel less strongly about, especially since he posted a ton when he was mafia in Revival, but I'm a bit uneasy at his lack of engagement.

I think you may be on the right track with your rankings, but I don't know about Viral being the most scummy. I can see where you are coming from, as he seemed generally on the fence yesterday in committing to the lynch, but I can't quite discern whether it was a town or scum move just yet. I'm more concerned about DekuNut than the other two at this time, but primarily because he did not say much after the initial wagon on Storm. This being said, I'd like to hear his thoughts on the present scenario. (@DekuNut )

Now because nothing happened last night we can assume either
a)Somebody didn't like that a kill could happen unaverted, meaning that they protected probably themselves and did not kill
c) somebody didn't know they were puppetmaster, so they did not act at all

so now the question is: who to trust, who to lynch, and who to spare

I don't think kokirion would choose a dead player as the puppet master, but I agree with your other notions, but as previously noted by ALIT, I believe, I think someone took your advice to holster the kill.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My suspicion in Johnny carries over from yesterday. Linkdude's flip just increases them substantially because they seemed to agree on a lot, particularly that they both though the mafia would have a factional kill. I voted for Linkdude because of how adamantly he fought for this possibility when I found it extremely unlikely, I read it as trying to sound oblivious to the setup, which it turns out that's exactly what it was (unless the mafia chose not to kill last night, which is also highly unlikely). Given the same logic, Johnny would also be scum. Not to mention how cautious he was being yesterday.

FoS: Johnny

He's my top suspect rn, but I'll look back through the thread when I get off work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hey guys. Sorry about yesterday. I wasn't really in the mindset to focus on this game at that time, and I didn't realize when the day was going to end when I promised to reread.
Well, now that the excuses are out of the way, let's look at this.
I feel good about ALIT and Mido after the Libk lynch. With a game with so few scum, I doubt you'd cause an entire wagon for towncred. Also, I doubt that Storm, the counterwagon, was mafia, because no offense Storm, but if I were scum and had to choose between you and LD, I'd choose LD. With those two discounted, and LD being scum, the only other person on the wagon who may be scum would be Tristhulhu. I'd have to ISO him to get a better read on him though.
That leaves Viral, Jamie, and Soosh (Obviously I don't suspect myself), who were with me on the not voting train yesterday. There's at least one scum in those three, if not two.
I remember that, yesterday, Viral said he had another lynch target up his sleeve, but didn't want to bring them up until he had more evidence. May I ask who that is?
Jamie and the Sooshi Shef I'll have to look more into as well. But there's my thoughts as of now. I forget where my leads were lying yesterday so unfortunately I have to rebuild them.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well guys, I wanted to make sure you all wanted to hear it by asking in that round about way. I was the puppet master last night and I did not aim a kill because I didn't think there was enough evidence on anyone to kill them.

I also want to say, based on how I learned that I was the PM, I believe someone may have been able to observe me last night and know what my protection action was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom