• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Time for voice acting

Do you want proper voice acting

• Yes

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The most recent rumours for Zelda U include the addition of voice acting for all except the Link character. Suggesting something akin to fallout 3 or where the main character only grunts and everyone else speaks.

I've always been for voice acting in the series ever since TP and it seems to me that more and more people are sounding ready for it. In the past there seemed to be a lot of negativity towards the idea. That the very inclusion of voice acting would be blasphemous. A big reason for this seemed to be fear of change and that modernisation is not to be trusted. Now I hear a lot of voices asking for modernisation and for the series to keep up with the times.

So please answer this poll. Do you want this rumour to be true? And we'll base this on the assumption that it's localized languages rather than a Hylian one.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The last thing I want is bad voice acting though. Or very uninspired voice acting too...

Skyrim is a key example of this. The voice acting just isn't that good... However, if it's done right. Then yes. I would still prefer a new language over English or Japanese.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The last thing I want is bad voice acting though. Or very uninspired voice acting too...

Skyrim is a key example of this. The voice acting just isn't that good... However, if it's done right. Then yes. I would still prefer a new language over English or Japanese.

I thought Skyrim had good voice acting personally.

Aounuma has said in the past that if he did include it, it would need to be a Hollywood calibre cast.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I thought Skyrim had good voice acting personally.

Aounuma has said in the past that if he did include it, it would need to be a Hollywood calibre cast.
If it is a Hollywood caliber cast. That would be good.... That is likely going to happen in Japan too. However, I don't expect NoA to be that good.....

For example, Fire Emblem Fates in Japan had an all star cast of all of the best actors and voice actors in Japan.... While in NoA, the VA can be quite mediocre at times for the English version of fates.

Regarding the VA in Skyrim... A lot of the dialogue wasn't very well done. It was extremely bland a lot of the time. There are a lot of high notes in Skyrim's VA, but there are a lot of huge gaps in quality.

Skyrim is not a good example, though it seems like it should be.

For starters, there's a great disparity in the talent of their voice actors. Some of them are prolific actors, or at least fairly well known ones. Then on the other hand, you have the B Listers and extras. And that game has so many people, and so many lines of dialogue, it's no wonder they had to start skimping on the talent to fill it all in. So of course you get the repeat voices that you hear all the time, which cheapens the effect of fully voiced characters. In Zelda games, though they do tend to still be fairly epic in scope, there isn't exactly an enormous cast of characters when you compare it to a Bethesda game like Skyrim or Fallout, which means they don't have to spread their budget around so much, and can in turn make sure the voice work that is in there is quality stuff.

I would like voice acting, if they spoke the Hylian language instead of english. Ultimately its not a necessity, i find much more charming the dialects of Midna and Fi.

A fake language would be my choice, that way it'd be harder to tell if the voice acting itself was good or bad, considering we wouldn't know what that language would supposed to sound like.

However, I've played a few games recently with some damn good voice acting and I'd be very happy to see some names pop up for voice acting in Zelda U if it were to happen.

We'll just have to see though, but if Aonuma goes the HW route and actually puts in some movie-like cutscenes into Zelda U, then we're going to need proper voice acting.

I imagine its as embarrassing to perform as it is to watch when an actor has to make vague sex sounds until the text box goes away. Its also a waste of talent to have weird noises to fill the silences as the text plays.

Reactions: Dio
the only game at this moment I can look at and see as a good source of inspiration for LoZ in terms of dialog and voice acting is Dark Souls. Eloquent, irreverent, odd characters, superb acting. And above all it's well paced, I'm tired of the verbal diarrhea seen in many modern games. It has become tiresome.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Give us Fire Emblem Fates tier voice acting. would be an excellent first step. or, if budget allows (and it does -- this is ZELDOR we're talking about), give us Awakening tier voice acting.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
the only game at this moment I can look at and see as a good source of inspiration for LoZ in terms of dialog and voice acting is Dark Souls. Eloquent, irreverent, odd characters, superb acting. And above all it's well paced, I'm tired of the verbal diarrhea seen in many modern games. It has become tiresome.

Yes I liked the Dark souls voice acting. Its not the only modern one that is good though.
Witcher 3 is a superb one, Its got lots of different characters like Zelda does and I have no fault in the voice acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom