• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zeldawolfsheik's Timeline Theory

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Dying and resurrectin are practically the same. How can he die in one game and be sealed in another?
Look at this, i know it is random but bear with me.

[video=youtube;WWKdZt9vHPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKdZt9vHPs[/video]
[video=youtube;1JxvJ8sNzXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JxvJ8sNzXY&feature=related[/video]

In both, ganon dies. I say being sealed is the same because he takes some nasty hits in each one. Why would the rather seal him than kill him? Keep in mind the first Zelda game never saw the other games coming. You cannot really count him dying there.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
This has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Ganon is literally walking around Hyrule a free man between OoT's child ending and OoX in your timeline. He can't be resurrected from anything if he doesn't have anything to be resurrected from.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Dying and being sealed aren't the same thing though, Zeldawolfshiek. In OoT he's sealed away, sent to another realm. He's still alive, he's just in another land. Like when he's in the Sacred Realm in LttP. He's still alive, but the seal that was put in place kept him from going to Hyrule until the seal was broken. You don't even need to count the other games for that -- as an independent title LttP explains the sealing. FSA, which also features Ganondorf in another realm, also touches on this.

The difference between when he's dead and when he's sealed, is that he himself can break through a seal. He's shown this on several occasions (again including LttP). He doesn't need anyone else to attempt to 'revive' him because his own power will break through.

This is what's wrong with assuming that when he 'dies' its the same as his 'being sealed'. When he's dead, there's nothing he can do, because he's no longer in any realm. This is why his minions go out of their way to help him. Becoming stone (like in WW) makes the whole reviving from ashes a little tricky, but he's definitely not alive anymore, and not sealed in another realm, either. When he's killed in LoZ, he's reduced to ash so there's little that can be done. When he's killed, in the sacred realm, in LttP, its pretty dang likely he ain't coming back without a little assistance. You can't really seal someone away when you're within the vicinity of the realm that needs sealing.

So when TwinRova are trying to resurrect Ganon on OoX, they're not just opening a door, they're recreating the beast. That's not the same as removing a seal at all, and shouldn't be assumed as such.

Last edited:

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
But in the end to ocarina of time. Link warns Zelda of ganon, and what they must do, therefore stopping ganon early. Possibly killing or sealing him. They told the king, they WARNED hyrule!

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
But in the end to ocarina of time. Link warns Zelda of ganon, and what they must do, therefore stopping ganon early. Possibly killing or sealing him. They told the king, they WARNED hyrule!
No, what they did at the end of OoT was get Ganon executed and sealed in the Twilight Realm. Between Link and Zelda's conversation and the execution, Ganon is a free man wandering the fields of Hyrule, which is also where you have OoX placed. It does not make sense to have to resurrect someone (and give them a new body, mind you) when they don't need to be resurrected from anything and are completely fine in their own body.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
No, what they did at the end of OoT was get Ganon executed and sealed in the Twilight Realm.
It's worth noting for the purposes of explanation that they could not kill Ganondorf during the execution because he had the Triforce of Power, and even then, the Master Sword would be needed. Link cannot retrieve the Master Sword because doing so would transport him seven years into the future. Because they had neither of these, they had to banish Ganondorf to the Twilight Realm as an impromptu solution; once inside the Twilight Realm, Ganondorf gained influence as shown in TP.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I don't believe he was a free man. I believe that Ancient Sages may have held him captive until execution, so he may not have been necessarily roaming about Hyrule.
That i can live with. the twinrova freed him from the sacred realm. But how come the number of sages changes throughout games?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
You keep saying that but that's still not what Twinrova were doing. He's proven, time and time again, that he can get himself out of another realm just fine on his own. They were resurrecting him, which at its very least suggests creating a new Ganon because the previous form is unreachable.

Besides that, OoX contains a fully-formed Triforce. TP does not. Neither did OoT (and on that same line MM). It was also not out in the open like OoX shows it as in the intro. So how did the Triforce come back together and how was it removed from the sacred realm without issue?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In both, ganon dies. I say being sealed is the same because he takes some nasty hits in each one. Why would the rather seal him than kill him? Keep in mind the first Zelda game never saw the other games coming. You cannot really count him dying there.

........Ganon didn't die in OoT. He couldn't. He had the Triforce of Power. Sealing him was the only option.

Link cannot retrieve the Master Sword because doing so would transport him seven years into the future.

Link probably would have been grown by that point. Just sayin'. Not trying to contradict the rest of what you said, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom