• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zeldawolfsheik's Timeline Theory

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Keep in mind i am not too good with timelines so let me know my supposed flaws.

WW>PH>ST
SS>OoT{
MM>OoX>LA>TP>LoZ>AoL>MC>FSA/FS>LttP

The other split is unarguable. I put SS straight towards OoT because it seems to be heavily implied so. The whole MC, FSA, then OoT never made sense. OoT is the story of Ganon's way to power. Before, he was just a Gerudo. MM after OoT. I put the oracle games next because the Twinrova revive Ganon from OoT. Those are the only Twinrova appearances. Originally LA was supposed to be after LttP but then with the oracle games they did all they could to make tohse the prequels. TP should be as close to MM as possible because of the 'Dark tribe' and whatnot. Istuck in the first two there for no reason so tell me where to put that please. MC and FSA seem to be so good ight in front of ALttP and could be very good at the end of the timeline for new games.
ell me what you think and please post!

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
To me it doesn't really make sense to put a Ganon-game between MM and TP. After OoT on the CT the sages seal Ganondorf into the Twilight Realm, and he doesn't get out of there until the events of Twilight Princess. So I don't really like the idea of putting the Oracle gams in between.

Also, from what I can remember, FS goes right before FSA (not the contrary).

But overall the timeline is okay. To create a flawless version of the Zelda Timeline seems almost impossible. That was my opinions, I hope it helped! :)

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Okay, I do not know about the FS games so thank you.
I put the OoX+LA because the Twinrova only appear in 2 games. OoT and OoX. In OoT they worked for Ganondorf. They then revived their master. I do not think it makes sense to put them to far apart.
So time line =
WW>PH>ST
SS>OoT{
MM>OoX>LA>TP>LoZ>AoL>MC>FS>FSA>LttP

OoX and LA directly after MM is reasonable, but highly debatable. Besides that, the one major problem I see is that ALttP is practically confirmed to be a prequel to LoZ and AoL.

Also, to make your timeline better for the eyes, I'd recommend using this format that is usually used:

Use a / between direct sequels, and -- between games that are farther apart. Example: WW/PH--ST

The placement of ALttP doesn't make much sense to me, since it has basically no connections to the Four Sword sub-series. I would move ALttP to either after TP(the master sword is in the lost woods) of before WW(explaining how Ganon excaped the Sacred/Dark Realm). After TP has the least amount of problems but it explains a lot for it to come before WW.

MC can go before OoT since there is no mention of Ganon, but with FSA after it, then yeah, there are problems.
The timeline is good, not perfect (just like everyone else's) but fairly well thought out.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
LA can't come before TP, as it's a direct sequel to ALttP (meaning it can't come before ALttP), and ALttP is in no way before TP. The only thing that happened with Ganondorf in-between MM and TP was Ganondorf fleeing Hyrule and being sealed in the Mirror of Twilight. LoZ and AoL are also confirmed sequels to ALttP, so they can't come before it, either.

MC can go before OoT since there is no mention of Ganon, but with FSA after it, then yeah, there are problems. The timeline is good, not perfect (just like everyone else's) but fairly well thought out.

"No mention of Ganon" is not a legitimate reason for MC coming before OoT. MM has no mention of Ganon. Niether do LA or FS. But they don't come before it. If you ask me, there is no legitimate reason at all for MC coming before OoT. I've yet to see any real argument for it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OoX should take place after a game in which Ganon dies, since Twinrova is trying to resurrect him. Ganondorf is not dead after MM, only sealed in the Twilight Realm. Small details like recurring characters are often overruled by more big-picture continuity.

before WW(explaining how Ganon excaped the Sacred/Dark Realm).
LttP would not adequately explain how Ganon escaped from the SR. WW already tells us that he escaped, no hero appeared to defeat him, so the goddesses created a new seal and flooded Hyrule. LttP tells a completely different story of Ganon esccaping the SR and a hero appearing and killing him.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
-------------------WW>PH>ST
SS----OoT{
-------------------MM>OoX/LA>TP>ALttP---LoZ/AoL>MC>FS/FSA
I still stick with the placement of OoX because at first they wanted ALttP to be the prequel to LA, but then thought it made more sense to have another prequel besides AlttP. In OoX There is a mini-boss Agahnim, a Ganondorf, and at the end Link leaving on a boat that looks like the one at the beginning in LA. They both play the same too. As well as be on different consoles. (i know this doesn't matter much but bear with me.) To me, being sealed or killed is the same thing. Ganon cannot be killed because he has the Triforce of power. He can only be sealed for a long number of years. If Ganon dies in WW that would not make sense to me. (Random Alert: They should stop doing remakes on 3DS and make a non toon link game and put one with Ganon.) Noww this timeline makes me very happy. I am ready for you to tear it apart.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Why does Ganon need a resurrection ritual in OoX if he isn't even dead yet? He's completely fine until he gets sealed in the Twilight Realm, which must be after OoX in your timeline.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Ganon cannot die there is no proof he can. He can only be sealed.
Yes, sealed in death among other places, but my point is that he wasn't even sealed between OoT's child ending and OoX. You're having him resurrect from being alive and well, which doesn't make any sense.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
-------------------WW>PH>ST
SS----OoT{
-------------------MM>OoX/LA>TP>ALttP---LoZ/AoL>MC>FS/FSA
I still stick with the placement of OoX because at first they wanted ALttP to be the prequel to LA, but then thought it made more sense to have another prequel besides AlttP. In OoX There is a mini-boss Agahnim, a Ganondorf, and at the end Link leaving on a boat that looks like the one at the beginning in LA. They both play the same too. As well as be on different consoles. (i know this doesn't matter much but bear with me.) To me, being sealed or killed is the same thing. Ganon cannot be killed because he has the Triforce of power. He can only be sealed for a long number of years. If Ganon dies in WW that would not make sense to me. (Random Alert: They should stop doing remakes on 3DS and make a non toon link game and put one with Ganon.) Noww this timeline makes me very happy. I am ready for you to tear it apart.

Nintendo has never changed ALttP being before LA.

Ganon cannot die there is no proof he can. He can only be sealed.

Incorrect. He died in both LoZ and ALttP from the Silver Arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom