• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda Timeline and Minish Cap Theory

G

Gnl567

this is my first timeline, but i have been doing research looking at timelines and picking out justified evidence and this is what I've come up with.

............/MM--TP--MC--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--TLoZ/AoL
SS--OoT
............\WW/PH--ST

Unsure about OoX placement

Evidence
SS---MC
1.In the opening scene of MC, this line appears, “The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light.” (Light Force, which could also be the Triforce, as it is constantly referred to as a golden light)
TP---ALttP
1.Master Sword in TP is in the Ruins of the Temple of Time with the Lost Woods growing around it. In ALttP, the Master Sword is in the Lost Woods, which are overgrown.
MC---FS---FSA---ALttP
1.Many of the locations in Hyrule are very similar
2.Layout of Hyrule Castle is almost the same as the one in ALttP if you look at where the throne room and entrance are placed (Throne in the center, two sets of staircases leading to central door).
3.The Picori Sword becomes the Four Sword, which is used to seal Vaati.Four Sword is sealed in a sanctuary in a forest, judging by the location, which could have grown to become the Lost Woods. Vaati breaks the seal, Four Swords occurs.
4.In FSA, Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword In ALttP, Ganon is in the Sacred Realm and there is also a Palace of the Four Sword. In the palace you can find 4 separate swords which is supposed to represent the broken Four Sword. One can conclude that this means after FSA, the Four Sword broke which released Ganon.
5.FSA was originally intended to be the Imprisoning War, and explains how Ganon got the Trident, which he uses in the fight against him in ALttP. The Palace of the Four Sword is seen in the GBA version of LttP with the shattered remains of the Four Sword that was used to seal Ganon in FSA.

Please note this is my personal opinion. Feel free to critique it, but be nice and don't flame. If you find any errors, feel free to point them out to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gnl567

That may be, but I kind of want more evidence than that before placing them.

The canonicity of the Palace of the Four Swords is debatable, although I am curious if the Four Swords Link is the same as the A Link to the Past, especially since Link's Awakening has been retconned as the sequel to the Oracle games, which makes it impossible to be a sequel to A Link to the Past. FS had a very bare-bones story, so the only contradiction would be presented in Four Swords Adventures, which I haven't played, but considering how Ganon's actually in the game, that's probably enough to throw the connection off.

In the Linked Ending, Zelda introduces herself to Link, which would have been unnecessary if they were the same characters from ALttP. Then again, I've never finished OoA, so I haven't seen the Linked Ending.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In the opening scene of MC, this line appears, “The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light.” (Light Force, which could also be the Triforce, as it is constantly referred to as a golden light)

The tiny Picori. The Picori hardly count as humans from Skyloft. Link in SS also received the Goddess Sword while in the sky. It wasn't brought down to him. Neither was a "golden light", which is most likely not the Triforce (it's shown as one triangle and is in Zelda, which makes no sense if it were to be the Trifroce). Just because the Picori came from the sky doesn't automatically connect MC to SS.

On a side-note, I'm quite glad you didn't place MC before OoT like so many people do when they bring up MC's backstory. There is literally no evidence to place MC before Oot, as there are no connections between the two at all.

2.The Hero in the opening is depicted as being older than they usually portray Toon-Link, and SS features an older Link.

Are you sure? The hero depicted in the opening is clearly shown as a child.

G

Gnl567

The tiny Picori. The Picori hardly count as humans from Skyloft. Link in SS also received the Goddess Sword while in the sky. It wasn't brought down to him. Neither was a "golden light", which is most likely not the Triforce (it's shown as one triangle and is in Zelda, which makes no sense if it were to be the Trifroce). Just because the Picori came from the sky doesn't automatically connect MC to SS.

On a side-note, I'm quite glad you didn't place MC before OoT like so many people do when they bring up MC's backstory. There is literally no evidence to place MC before Oot, as there are no connections between the two at all.

Are you sure? The hero depicted in the opening is clearly shown as a child.

1.The punctuation of the sentence could be wrong and it could include the hero being brought from the sky, but it seems a little far-fetched, but the reference still is interesting.
2. The second stained-glass window shows the hero with a green headband, and it looks different from the previous window, and the hero looks older.

As for the LA being after ALttP, it actually says it either on the back of the box or in the manual that it's a sequel to ALttP, and that's what is commonly accepted.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The second stained-glass window shows the hero with a green headband, and it looks different from the previous window, and the hero looks older.

minishcapopening.jpg
minishcapopening2.jpg

I don't know what you're seeing, because those two images make Link look like the same age to me. Plus, why would he get the sword as a child, but not use it until he got older? That doesn't make any sense. This isn't Ocarina of Time with Link pulling out the Master Sword while not being old enough to become the Hero of Time.

G

Gnl567

I don't know what you're seeing, because those two images make Link look like the same age to me. Plus, why would he get the sword as a child, but not use it until he got older? That doesn't make any sense. This isn't Ocarina of Time with Link pulling out the Master Sword while not being old enough to become the Hero of Time.

No, this isn't like that. But I'm just gonna drop that part, it has too many holes in it. But how did I do with the rest of the evidence?

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Now if Link has a Triforce on his shield this means that the Triforce is already heard of. In OoT he civil war very prior to that of it's begging was over the Triforce if I'm not mistaken. So what TMC's placement before OoT is portraying is that the Trifoce is already heard of, but there is now civil war over it yet. To me that doesn't make much sense.

G

Gnl567

Me neither, but it could be possible, but there isn't much evidence to back it up. I would think my timeline's placement of MC makes some sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom